Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kassie_I

Not sure about this question???

Guest Kassie_I

Is it proper to ask if anyone here knows the cheapest way to get any WW tools... such as a points calculator, a book with food points so I can have it all it one place etc... I can not afford the classes right now, so I am going Word of Mouth and using tools on the internet, but I am finding it difficult when going to buy groceries... it is time consuming looking it all up online before hand.

Classes are still the best bargin. If you go to EBay or Craigs List you will often pay more and get old materials.

Go to one class. Not only will you get the best most up to date information you will also get a 1/2 hour presentation from the Leader just for you and any other new member there. That session is so powerful that I used to sit in on them whenever I needed more motivation.

You deserve to give this your best effort. That requires you to have the best information.

Go, You are worth the effort.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

I agree with CW on the classes. However, I also know what it's like not to have extra money for anything in this economy. Counting points is pretty easy. All you need is an everyday pocket calculater. Calories divided by 50. Fat divided by 12. Example if a label reads.

Calories 200

Fat 17g

The point value would be 5.

200 divided by 50 = 4

17 divided by 12 = 1.41

So, 4 + 1.41= 5.41 points

Also, take off 1 point for every 5 grams of fiber per serving.

This is the basic point formula and will work for awhile until you can save up for classes or to join the online program.

This sight is wonderful for getting free help with recipes, menus, and support. I really reccomend the one point food list. I hope this helped.

Good luck :bcb_up

"People used to describe me as having nice eyes. Now I'm the one with the big butt." ;)

Guest TryingWW

Isn't there is a fiber cap of 4 so you wouldn't be able to take off more than 1 point for fiber.

Guest Kassie_I

Thank you for the help, I will check the prices at our local WW nearest to where I live. I want to give this everything I have! And meanwhile I will utilize this site too :) :) :)

There are some free calculators online, but they aren't all that accurate. I agree with CW, even if you go to just one class, you'll get the supplies you need to start! Your book and slider for counting points. Once you have those in hand, there is always help here to guide you along if you can't continue the classes. :salut

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Also, take off 1 point for every 5 grams of fiber per serving.

Whoa -- not quite. It's minus 0.1 point per gram of fiber, and no more than 4 grams count. Your maximum discount is 0.4 points, not a whole point.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Look into the WW at Home plan. It is a starter kit that you do on your own (with the great support of this board!!) I didn't realize they even offered it and happened upon it purely by chance. The meetings aren't for me, so it was a great solution. The deluxe kit comes with a little point calculator that is pretty handy to keep in your pocket when you go shopping.

HTH Karenf