Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

What's For BREAKFAST Lately?...

Lately (after early exercise) I have:

1/2 chopped apple, 1 cup mixed fruits (today, fresh strawberries/red grapes/frozen blueberries) and 3/4 C. mixed FF cottage cheese and FF plain yogurt.

Plus 3 chopped walnut halves on top! (1 WAP)

Lately, it's been RED/WHITE/and BLUE! :salut

I am ADDICTED to this breakfast. I eat it slowly, and love every bite! :bcb_bigsm

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Egg Sandwich

Thomas' light multigrain English muffin (1 pt) has 8 grams fiber

1 egg

1 slice canadian bacon

sprinkle with ff cheese (or lowfat, count points)

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

The benefit of living in So. Cal: the locally grown produce from the farmer's market.

I've been having a deliciously sweet nectarine on top of Cream of Wheat or oatmeal everyday this week for breakfast. It feels so decadent!

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Two weeks ago...one of the baked oatmeal recipes that I tweaked and spiced/sweetened to my own personal taste, cut up into single servings

Last week...quinoa egg casserole, cut up into single servings and nuked when I got to work, and a banana (not mixed in with the eggs)

This past week...eggbeater omlettes with green pepper, onion and soy cheddar cheese, again in single servings and nuked, with a banana (I love bananas)

Next week..steel cut oats with apples in it and a hard boiled egg. Im making a big pot of oats this weekend. (the egg is separate from the oatmeal)

My challenge is making things I can carry easily to work since I don't eat breakfast until after I arrive.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

leftovers! I haven't been in a very breakfasty mood, but the yummies from the evening before are suiting me just fine.

--Barbara

"For a righteous man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" Proverbs 24:16

I usually have a batch of millet in the fridge as a "go to" for breakfast. I'll put unsweetened soy milk & a banana in with it.

I also am addicted to my bean cake recipe (black beans, eggs & either figs or dates) and will eat it going out the door if I'm running late.

I also love smoothies-- soy milk, frozen fruit, ground flaxseeds & healthy oil. Usually with some protein powder in there too!

Kimberley

1. Steel cut oats w/ German Chocolate Cake Davinci SF syrup, cut up banana or organic apple or blues, chia seeds, sprinkle of Fiber One

2. Egg cooked in ring on Whole Wheat English Muffin (1 or 2 pts, depending) with 2 slices Canadian bacon, and slice FF cheese, and side of sliced organic apple.

3. Packet of tuna mixed with chopped organic apple, chopped onion, chia seeds, grated organic carrot, honey mustard or FF vinaigrette.

All of above with skim milk latte w/ SF caramel and SF vanilla syrup!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Usually oatmeal creme brulee during the week but I didn't get a chance to make it last weekend and I really missed it! This week has been ff cottage cheese with fruit cocktail.

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Baked banana oatmeal , creamy pumpkin crockpot oats, scrambled eggs with veggies...just kinda depends on the mood.

Always skim milk and an orange for me....banana for DH.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

rice protein smoothie

cream of brown rice cereal with rice protein and fruit

grits with rice protein and fruit

ground pork loin or ground turkey with sausage seasoning and homemade polenta

I am going to try oatmeal again next week

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

this week has been all bran cereal with 1/2 cup blueberries and skim milk.

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

Oatmeal or fiber one with berries and skim milk. I also have a poached egg with salsa on top so it stays with me longer.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

I usually have a batch of millet in the fridge as a "go to" for breakfast. I'll put unsweetened soy milk & a banana in with it.

I also am addicted to my bean cake recipe (black beans, eggs & either figs or dates) and will eat it going out the door if I'm running late.

I also love smoothies-- soy milk, frozen fruit, ground flaxseeds & healthy oil. Usually with some protein powder in there too!

I saw a recipe for bean cake only it had cocoa in it. I want to try it so I can load up on protein at breakfast. But, I'm stuck on what's in it....I mean, bean cake? Please give me some confidence and, if you don't mind, tell me how you make yours.

G 160 H 224 C 208.5

Losing weight is hard! Being fat is hard! Choose your hard!

Baked oatmeal, lately it has been blueberry. This week it has been blueberry cheesecake baked oatmeal.

Here are some other variations I make

blueberry vanilla

Chocolate cherry

Cinnamon Apple

Lemon apple

cinnamon peach

April

HW 370/CW 307.4/ GW 150

http://redd2lose.webs.com/ My Blog and Website

TEAM RED

Guest sodacracker

cooked 1 cup steel cut oats with 4 cups water, 6 chopped dried apricts halves and 5 tsp of pumpkin seeds ( I had them around).

Cook for 20 minutes or so and then divide into 5 servings.

Eat warm or cold, tasty and filling, some added sweetness and crunch and adds 1 WPA per serving for the seeds.

My favorite is yogurt/steelcut oats/frozen cherries. But it takes some thought in advance as I like to soak the oats in the yogurt for 24 hours.

So the morning before I take 1 cup ff plain yogurt and 1/4 cup steel cut oats. Mix with 1 tsp whey low and 1/2 tsp (or so) vanilla. Mix and refrigerate. The night before (but you could do it at the same time), I throw in frozen sour pie cherries. Or sometimes frozen sliced strawberries. The next morning I usually have approx half at breakfast and save the rest for a snack or desert for later in the day.

If I didn't think ahead, I will thaw some berries in my ff plain yogrut with the whey low and vanilla. I'll put it on the counter for a while so they thaw. Then I like to sprinkle on about 1/8cup or 1/4 cup ezekial 4:9 original cereal to give it some crunch.

I also make a strawberry sauce using 1lb bag of frozen strawberries (usually from TJ's only 1.69). Put in small saucepan with a splash of water and cook down and mash with a fork to turn into sauce. Then I put about 2 tsp whey low in if it needs sweetening. I like to spoon this on cream of wheat or oat waffles (using core recipes on this board for pancakes). I make a batch of waffles and freeze them in baggies so that I can have one every once in a while. B/c they are dense I microwave and put the sauce on them.

I also use the (chilled) strawberry sauce mixed into the yogurt and sprinkle on ezekial if I wish!

I also like egg whites & canadian bacon but have been sticking with yogurt variations lately.

Alison - mama of 2 (ages 5 & 7)

WW maintainer

Doing SFT for maintenance

weight.png

oatmeal most days, sometimes I'll have shredded wheat with skim milk and sliced banana.

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"

Guest LostTeacher

tomorrow i am going to have ff cottage cheese and strawberries.

other things on my list that i am going to be having to get back on track:

- oatmeal with a piece of fruit

- special k cereal with a banana

- fruit smoothie (usually a banana, some strawberries, a little vanilla, a splash of ff milk, and ice)

Lt

just wanna be sure we all know special k isn't a filling food:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Same old same old for me. Dry toast and six hard boiled egg whites. Now and then I add a second piece of toast and some fruit. The eggs with all of that protein carry me thru easily until lunch time. The toast? We make our own bread now to avoid allergies. Whole wheat and bran or crunchy seed bread. Yum.

Peg

She was warned.

She was given an explanation.

Nevertheless, She persisted.