Health Discovery Network
sofffy

Do you still count points?

Hello!

I'm a new mom but an old WW adept. I've been on the Flex plan for a long time. I am BF so I want the best foods for my DD. I have 33 points with the 10 BF points. I have started to eat core for the last week but find I am still counting. I think I'm scared I'll eat more than I should. Do you still count and/or write?

When I look back at my previous journals, I find I tend to eat lost of sugar, prepackaged foods. I really want to eat healthier.

Any advice is welcome,

Sophie

Sofffy:salut

5'5

Highest pregnancyW: 187:bcb_down

SW: 167

CW: 158.6

WWG: 150

PG: 135-140

The only points I count are the foods that are not simply filling and use my wpa's or ap's.

The important thing with simply filling is to become very aware of your hunger signals. Are you really hungry?? or are you bored? If you are hungry, eat. I do try to watch portions, and even try to start with a smaller portion. If I am still really hungry, I can always get more.

Also, I journal everything that goes into my mouth. This works best for me. This way if I have a really good week, I can go back and see what I did that worked. Or, if I have a bad week, I can go back and see what didn't work. Some people only journal their non-simply filling foods.

Congrats on the baby. I BF all 3 of my boys. It always seemed so much easier to me than bottles and formula. And, of course, much less expensive.

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

One of the best things about Core/SFT is not having to count most of your food. :salut

You're losing some of the good feelings, a sense of freedom, that comes along with doing Core/SFT.

And then I don't think you put the emphasis where it belongs, which is on your Comfort Zone. :bcb_smile

Most people are afraid to do SFT, initially. But in order to experience it fully-and-completely (with all it's JOY:bcb_grin) just relax into it, and only track your 9 Good Health Guidelines AND your APs/WAPs. :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

All you have to "worry" about with Core/Simply Filling is that you are following the guidelines of eating only to the point of satisfaction and only eating when you're hungry. Really pay attention to that and you'll be just fine!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

I'm with Kim. I do better when I write down everything I eat. But I only worry about the non-core points.

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Everyone worries that they will eat too much on core/SF! So you are NOT alone in that. I think almost everyone finds it isn't a problem because filling foods are in fact FILLING! I don't count points for anything but non filling foods, since that is the plan after all! I keep track of WPAs and APs and I don't happen to write what I eat either.

Core/SF really does nudge you toward eating really healthy!!!! It will be wonderful for YOU and for your daughter!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.