Health Discovery Network
jooolz

There *is* hope for vacationers! ;)

Hi all!

I am still considered a Newbie . I posted some stuff back in January but went offline for a bit - now I am back! woo!!

I am down 32 lbs so far. Still LOTS to go! A bit scary and daunting but patience is a virtue I am told? :p

I just got back from a 3 week trip to Ireland and was convinced I would gain back at least 5 to 10 pounds because that country is not WW friendly. Tons of Guiness, Soda Bread, etc...

BUT we did do a lot of walking and hiking - which was great!

I was SO nerveous coming back to my WW meeting last week and it turned out I maintained what I had lost and even lost an extra pound! w00000 h000000!!

I weighed in this morning but hadn't lost anything even though I stuck to the program and walked a bit. A bit of a bummer but better than a gain I guess...

Any tips on shaking the post vacation blues? I need to get re-focused as I have my work cut out for me!

Looking forward to reading more and posting more!

Thanks everyone!! :)

weight.png

:welcome: Joolz!!

How about setting a new goal with a new reward for the next six weeks to take you to the beginning of August. They say it takes 21 days to create a new habit so you can even cut it back in half and just aim for making a 21 day commitment with a reward at the end!

Kimberley

I made the right choices when given the opportunity ( like healthy roadside picnics including one by the ocean at the Ring Of Dingle - wow!!) but we drove so much and we were in tiny towns in the middle of nowhere that had just pubs for dining options. I did the best I could given the circumstances we were traveling in.

I assure you no one put a "gun to my head" and that I made good choices but also lived my life and had fun doing so - and sometimes that does include food and booze.

The country was not WW Friendly?

Was someone holding a gun to your head?

Everything is allowed in portion. Even Guiness.

CW

weight.png

Good job, Jooolz!

I had a similar experience last summer! I was spending 10 days in Miami with a bunch of friends and knew that we'd be eating and drinking a lot. (Yummy Cuban food and mojitos!) I was FREAKED out! But I made the best choices I could when eating out, even leaving food on my plate a couple of times!

I think one of the tricks was walking EVERYWHERE! As it turned out, the hotel I was at was working on their elevators that week. They only had one running at a time with a hotel FULL of people! I took the stairs from the 7th floor A LOT!

I ended up losing 1.8 pounds that week! THAT was when I realized I CAN DO THIS! It was a huge "Aha!" moment for me!

Thanks for sharing your story! It's good for people to know that just because they are going away, they can still make good choices and get in lots of activity and LOSE WEIGHT!

Woo hoo!

(Since Miami, I often pretend that the elevators are broken at hotels and take the stairs! :bcb_bigsm)

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

On trips one can choose:

1. to go off program
  2. to maintain
  3. to stay on program

AT WW those are all acceptable choices and WW will be there to help you when you get back to normal life.

At BCB # 3 is the option. We are a little more hard core but that is why we are more successful. We want to enjoy ALL of the things (Like good Beer and treats) within the lifestyle we have chosen.

I know you did your best and congrats for that. I'm just letting you see a bit of BCB thinking....

Like WW we are here to support your efforts. We just ask more for you and from you.

Congrats for maintaining.:bcb_up

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124