Makes 4 one cup servings

3 points each

1 cup broccolli florets

1 cup of sugar snap peas

3/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper

3 oz. uncooked angelhair pasta

2 TBL low-sodium Tamari or soy sauce

1 TBL dark sesame oil

steam broccoli, covered for 3-4 minutes and sugar snaps for 3-4 minutes until crisp tender. Rinse under cold water

slice red pepper

Boil pasta until desired tenderness. toss with vegetables, oil and tamari sauce and chill.

It is worthwhile to use the dark sesame oil as this is what gives the salad it's unique "oriental flavor".

switch out 0 point veggies, add water chestnuts, jicama, sesame seeds, cooked bok choy, chicken or almonds....what ever you like...just adjust the pointage if you need to...I made it with orange and yellow peppers today and it really looked great...

Using Whole wheat pasta, with the additional fiber, can lower the point value to 2 points per serving....but I think it tastes better with the semolina pasta.

Cooking Light

March 1995

page 136

Beth

Beth<BR>208 / 174.6 / 148<BR>"A day with out Peanut butter? NEVER!"<BR>"All you need is love"

Beth/Ladylight -- thanks for posting this!! This looks yummy and must be so colorful too!! Can't wait to try it! :D

Susan

P.S. Beth -- I have the Cooking LIght recipe on my MasterCook and I checked the nutrition facts and when I entered the numbers, it came out to 2 points!! (127 cal, 3 gm fiber, 4 gm fat)!!

Yum, yum, a big hit!!! Beautiful presentation too -- I made it with broccoli, snap peas, red and orange peppers -- a lovely accompaniment to a meal!! Thanks!

Susan