Health Discovery Network

I rejoined WW 2 wks. ago.

I am do SF.

I have had a hard time because of food intolerances I have.

I can't have wheat, dairy, or soy.

I am considering eliminating sugar from my plan.:bcb_kick:

I went w/o sugar a few days last week and I felt great.:bcb_bigsm

But then I had a little here and there( I counted my wpa) but the cravings came back and one peice of non dairy choc. wasn't enough.:bcb_mad:

Have any of you eliminated sugar?

Tell me thoughts and experiences.

Thanks!:salut

SW 233

CW 168

GW 155

Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too

I don't have any food intolerances (that I know of), and I haven't eliminated sugar.

For me, being able to have sugar in my life is the difference between living in color or black-and-white...

I'd rather have to deal with finding solutions.

Since I've been strictly OP and exercising and meeting my 9 GHG, I have not been having sugar-cravings. But I also don't have "sweets" in the house. If I did, I would find it (almost) intolerable...:bcb_huh:

So I don't set myself up for failure these days.:salut

My "treats" are: sugar in my tea, or on my hot cereal. And it makes them seem heavenly ~ :bcb_smile

Oh. And fruit is quite a Sweet Treat these days, too. I've been having fresh fruit for snacks, or dessert.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Oh, so my POINT was...:bcb_wink3

It seems like if you have a lot of food allergies it's easy to feel deprived.

I don't think depriving yourself of something else (that's not a necessity) is a good idea.

It could back-fire.:bcb_huh:

So maybe look for ways to incorporate sugar/honey/maple syrup/sucanat/etc. into your diet in ways you can manage ~ :bcb_smile

(Just one opinion among many more to come, I'll imagine ~ :wave: )

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I can not have sugar unless it is way down the list of ingredients on the can or box etc. I do fine with Splenda so am looking for desserts that I can have that do not have ingredients that I am allergic to and uses Splenda. I understand what Carol is saying but if I were to have sugar in my tea, hot cereal etc. I would start craving sugar/simple carbs and want more and more. I also have a lot of food allergies and sometimes feel sad when others are talking about what they are eating and I can not have it but I do not feel good when I have sugar or the foods I am allergic to. I bought a couple of parfait dishes and put my fruit in it to make it more festive.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%