Health Discovery Network
formyboys13

turbo jam users???

I was just wondering if any of you were out there using Turbojam for cardio. I have it and like it, but I have not done it routinely. I just started WW again, and I hope to start exercising as well. If anyone is interested in keeping each other accountable then please post!

Thanks.:bcb_march

Heather:salut

I have the turbojam dvds. I love them! And I just started the WW thing as well. I will be your buddy if you would like.

:bcb_happy

Hey Purzie

So glad to see a response-love to be buddies. I have yet to start them up this time around. I have done them but never routinely. So, what shall our game plan be? I am now a SAHM of two boys 8 and 5-was teaching but not going back next year, I don't think at least. So, tell me a bit about yourself? I am a 36 yr. old Navy wife and mother and have a lot of weight to lose. I have slowly put in on over 13 yrs. of marriage. I live in the South and hope that I can start taking my weight loss journey seriously-now I am just hit and miss. Hope to hear from you soon and any others that would like to join us.

Hi Heather,

I am 31. I have 3 kiddies ages 7,5, and 1. I am also a stay at home mommy. As for my weight...well, I have gained about 10 lbs per kid. My pregnancies were very difficult and resulted in me losing huge amounts of weight (50 lbs with one) during the pregnancy but gaining afterwards. I am trying to teach my body to be healthy now.

Earlier this year I was doing the TJ videos regularly...but then I became ill. It has taken me a couple of months to get back to feeling normal. I had something terrible in my lungs. Any way, the point is that I noticed a HUGE difference in my weight while I was being diligent. I would like to do that again. My goal is to do one video of my choice atleast 3x a week. On the days that I don't do a video I want to run for 30 minutes or something like that. Additionally, I noticed that I was less hungry while I was doing the videos. I don't know it that is related or not, but I hope it kicks in again. And my goal: To lose as much as possible by Aug 19. That is when my SIL is getting married. There is a rather large chance that dh's exgirl friend will be there. I don't want her, or anyone else, to look at me and think he could have had someone so much hotter. LOL kind of :bcb_wink3

And welcome to anyone else...or to anyone that is thinking about the Turbo Jam vidoes. They really are fun. My dds love to work out with me :bcb_happy

Hey Purzie

Glad to read your post! WOW-50 pounds lost with a pregnancy, glad to know all are doing well. I gained about 20 with each kid but probably never really lost it all. Plus, I have had three miscarriages over the last few years. I just think my body is completely out of whack! I really would like a third and not giving up hope yet. I can't help but feel that my weight is a factor along with my age. So, I am going to get on the jammers wagon and do it! I have not done it today-just got home from taking son to get his last shots for kindergarden in the fall. After reading your post, I am now motivated to go pick out one and push play! Hope we can really be support for one another. Again-anyone else feel free to join us!

I thought of one other thing that I do when I work out that helps, I listen to my own music. After I am familiar with the work out I just put on some head phones and listen to music that I like to dance to. Not that the music that is on the video is bad, I just get board listening to the same thing over and over again. Of course, my kids think I don't know how to keep a beat (since the video and my music aren't always together). Usually the music I listen to is slightly fast so I get a little more done. I just switch my movement when they do.

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I have had several as well. I think they are terrible and suck the happiness right out of the next positive test. Have you seen a dr? When we were trying to get pregnant (with all 3) I used the basal body charting system. My favorite site is fertlityfriends, but there are tons of others I think they have several options including a free version. I am not sure if charting helped me deal with the stress or made it worse, but atleast I felt like I knew what was going on. Weight can be an issue. Before 2 of my kids I was told to gain weight. Before one to lose. Who knows.

So...my plan for today is to do a video and some extra arm stuff.

I hope you are doing well!

Hello

Sorry that I have not been on in a few days. I am kind of annoyed because I can't find my turbo jam dvds. I took them out to family in the NW over the holidays and wondering if I left them there. I decided to try and exercise anyway and did Taebo Cardio. It was not easy but I did it. I am going to try and do something at least 5 days a week. How are you doing Purzie?

I am doing well. Struggling with the WW. I have stayed within my points, but only if all of my flex points and activity points are used. My dds got their tonsils out and all of the popcicles and ice cream pops are killing me. But, tomorrow is a new day.

I am sorry to hear about your turbo jam videos. I think Taebo and turbo jam are fairly similar...esp if you put your own music on! How are you today?