Health Discovery Network
wwlynn

ACTIVITY TODAY, June 24th Wednesday

70 minute bike at a snail's:bcb_wink3 pace...

My crash while test riding a bike yesterday has my left arm and upper back really hurting. On my (painful) ride today it occurred to me that this might be a NECK problem radiating to those locations so now I'm icing my NECK...I iced my ARM yesterday, (and my face which took the brunt of the impact:bcb_cry:) but I think icing my arm was probably pointless!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

P6240277.JPG

This doesn't quite capture how bad my lip is or feels, and amazingly my cheek doesn't even look bruised, though it does hurt. AND might I say, I swear my nose isn't THAT big...the "fish eye" effect of self portraits is always SO lovely!!!!

Bumping up this thread to show off my fat lip and because it's WEDNESDAY buddies, post your activity on this one today!!!

Lynn

That DOES look painful, Lynn! I hope that it is nothing more than bruising.

My activity for today:

Classic Firm, Vol 2: 30 minutes w/ 5# weights

Kathy Smith: 20 minute aerobics, 20 minutes stretching

Total activity: 70 minutes

For some reason the 5# weights felt heavy to me today (I've been using them for 3 weeks now) and I really struggled through the workout. The aerobics and stretching felt good after the intensity of the workout with weights.

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Thanks Julie, I'm headed to the doctor today to check out the deal with my left arm/shoulder/upper back...hopefully I will have normal use of all of them soon! I am planning to go on a team ride tonight:bcb_worry...

Meanwhile, it looks much worse in real life, 18 yo DS just came home and said something like, "WOW, that looks REALLY BAD!"....oh how I love my battle wounds...but not when they interfere with my riding...which my face doesn't!!!

Lynn

45 minute REGULAR WALK w/DH and Ddog...now onto LOWER BODY STRENGTH...:bcb_mad::salut...

LOWER BODY: done! :strong: :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Back from the doctor, he thinks I just jarred my thorax....yes I definitely did that!

Lynn

Back from the doctor, he thinks I just jarred my thorax....yes I definitely did that!

My turn to ask for an English translation, please :bcb_bigsm

Does this mean that you'll just be really sore for a bit but there really isn't any serious damage?

I thought a thorax was a flower-part...

((((((((((((just kidding! LOL)))))))))))))))))):bcb_LOL:

Julie....I'm hoping to see body-surfing as your activity sometime soon...:bcb_bravo :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I thought a thorax was a flower-part...

Julie....I'm hoping to see body-surfing as your activity sometime soon...:bcb_bravo :salut

(I had to look up thorax)

You can keep on hoping, there, Carol. It has been 30+ years since I last attempted to ride a wave. I know that's no excuse but I only get out to the beach once or twice a year, these days, because of the distance.

Hope your feeling better quickly , Lynn!

My Pilates floor work-out was very un-eventful, no bruises...lasted about 30 min.

Ninka

Back to loosing a few lbs over goal...

Finding the perfect balance...one meal at the time...

I can do it!

Yes, Julie, it was jarring...to my upper torso,:bcb_wink3 but I should be fine....and I wasn't here to answer because I went for a 25ish mile bike ride with some of my "teammates"...and YES it HURT....it hurts to BREATHE (using my THORAX:bcb_smile) and my left arm hurts....geesh, I sure hope he's right!

He asked me to do all these things that DIDN'T hurt, but there are plenty that DO hurt!

Anyway, another 1:40 or so of bike riding this evening....looking forward to the day when it doesn't HURT!!!

This is really putting a damper on my bike shopping, since there is no sense in test riding bikes if biking in general HURTS!

Lynn

15 min walks x 2 on work breaks

45 min cross training eliptical

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman