Health Discovery Network
pam46

Cauliflower Mashed potatoes

DH and I eat these all the time. Here is how I do it.

Cook the HECK out of 1 16oz bag of frozen cauliflower until it is very tender.

I add 1/4 cup FF Sourcream, Garlic and Herb Ms. Dash and sometimes 2 TBSP of bacon bits.

Put in a square dish top with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, I use regular or FF, which ever I have enough points for.

Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. YUM!

This makes 4 very hearty servings at about 2 pts per serving with regular cheese and 1 pt if you use ff cheese.

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

DH and I eat these all the time. Here is how I do it.

Cook the HECK out of 1 16oz bag of frozen cauliflower until it is very tender.

I add 1/4 cup FF Sourcream, Garlic and Herb Ms. Dash and sometimes 2 TBSP of bacon bits.

Put in a square dish top with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, I use regular or FF, which ever I have enough points for.

Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. YUM!

This makes 4 very hearty servings at about 2 pts per serving with regular cheese and 1 pt if you use ff cheese.

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Ladies, we were making this with WW in the 70's - and also made mock potato salad using cauliflower instead of potatoes. I still enjoy both.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Ladies, we were making this with WW in the 70's - and also made mock potato salad using cauliflower instead of potatoes. I still enjoy both.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Mom To Twins,

I always bake them. I boil the cauliflower (1 16oz bag frozen) and mix in the spices and 1/4 cup ff sourcream. Mix up, then spray a 8X8 or so casserole dish and put in dish. I put 1/4 cup of ff motz, and cheddar on top and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. (Until they are hot through the middle)

You could make this ahead and put in fridge and bake when ready.

I guarantee you will like it. I gave my 4 year old nephew a bite last night. I asked him if he liked it, and he said, "I didn't spit it out" So I took that as a yes.

Tam

Mom To Twins,

I always bake them. I boil the cauliflower (1 16oz bag frozen) and mix in the spices and 1/4 cup ff sourcream. Mix up, then spray a 8X8 or so casserole dish and put in dish. I put 1/4 cup of ff motz, and cheddar on top and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. (Until they are hot through the middle)

You could make this ahead and put in fridge and bake when ready.

I guarantee you will like it. I gave my 4 year old nephew a bite last night. I asked him if he liked it, and he said, "I didn't spit it out" So I took that as a yes.

Tam

I tried to make these but I don't think I boiled the cauliflower long enough. It was pretty lumpy. Oh well..try try again

Never giving up - May 7, 2008

SW -253.5

CW -251.5

GW - 120

I tried to make these but I don't think I boiled the cauliflower long enough. It was pretty lumpy. Oh well..try try again

Never giving up - May 7, 2008

SW -253.5

CW -251.5

GW - 120

ok ok you twisted my arm. I have some garlic and chicken broth in there ill have to try this out. If I can get hubby to eat em, Ill be in heaven because Im a huge potato lover =)

ok ok you twisted my arm. I have some garlic and chicken broth in there ill have to try this out. If I can get hubby to eat em, Ill be in heaven because Im a huge potato lover =)

I made some shephard's pie yesterday and substituted these for the mashed potatoes. I cooked the cauliflower in a little chicken broth and garlic. Mashed it and added a little of the dry ranch flavored powder. It turned out really good.

Anyone tried these in any other recipes?

I made some shephard's pie yesterday and substituted these for the mashed potatoes. I cooked the cauliflower in a little chicken broth and garlic. Mashed it and added a little of the dry ranch flavored powder. It turned out really good.

Anyone tried these in any other recipes?

I made these this week and I loved them. Tasted even better than I expected. I didn't tell my kids what these potatoes were made of. 2 of them had 3 helpings each and the youngest didn't like them at all (and she likes cauliflower but prefers it raw). The 2 older girls asked how I made the potatoes and I told them I just used some different spices than I normally do. One said, "They have a kind of vegetable flavor." I wasn't about to tell them because I don't think they'd ever eat them again.

I will definitely be making this again.

Core since Oct. 2, 2007

:bcb_march

I made these this week and I loved them. Tasted even better than I expected. I didn't tell my kids what these potatoes were made of. 2 of them had 3 helpings each and the youngest didn't like them at all (and she likes cauliflower but prefers it raw). The 2 older girls asked how I made the potatoes and I told them I just used some different spices than I normally do. One said, "They have a kind of vegetable flavor." I wasn't about to tell them because I don't think they'd ever eat them again.

I will definitely be making this again.

Core since Oct. 2, 2007

MMmmm! This is good! (no yummy graemlin?)

These are a staple in our house since I have banned potatoes (watching carb intake). DH is the one that really likes mashed potatoes and he is not complaining about their departure one little bit...I made these yesterday with some baked pork chops and a nice salad. The one thing I can't understand is how some of you can get away with using ONE 16 oz. bag!? I have to use 3-4!!

Best Regards,<br /><br />Chatty Cathy

MMmmm! This is good! (no yummy graemlin?)

These are a staple in our house since I have banned potatoes (watching carb intake). DH is the one that really likes mashed potatoes and he is not complaining about their departure one little bit...I made these yesterday with some baked pork chops and a nice salad. The one thing I can't understand is how some of you can get away with using ONE 16 oz. bag!? I have to use 3-4!!

Best Regards,<br /><br />Chatty Cathy

I know! I used only one head of fresh but bought 2 at the store last night. I might have to up it to 3 depending...I would like to keep some for leftovers. Is one 16 oz. bag = to one head of fresh??

Core since Oct. 2, 2007

I know! I used only one head of fresh but bought 2 at the store last night. I might have to up it to 3 depending...I would like to keep some for leftovers. Is one 16 oz. bag = to one head of fresh??

Core since Oct. 2, 2007

ok, i just made these...with just two of us, I didnt make enough to pull out my mixer to whip them, so its a bit lumpy, and I cant convince myself its potatoes but..its delicious! Im sure my husband will like them just as much as potatoes

Ok, my husband actually swore vigorously about how good this is...he knew it was cauliflower as he told me after, and he wanted me to make more right now!

[ November 13, 2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: AnneM ]

Started on 8/02 5'2"<br />SW 180/CW 128.5/GW 123<br />Ya-ya name: Queen Running in Circles<br /> <a href="http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3760395&uid=1946524&members=1" target="_blank">http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3760395&uid=1946524&members=1</a>

ok, i just made these...with just two of us, I didnt make enough to pull out my mixer to whip them, so its a bit lumpy, and I cant convince myself its potatoes but..its delicious! Im sure my husband will like them just as much as potatoes

Ok, my husband actually swore vigorously about how good this is...he knew it was cauliflower as he told me after, and he wanted me to make more right now!

[ November 13, 2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: AnneM ]

Started on 8/02 5'2"<br />SW 180/CW 128.5/GW 123<br />Ya-ya name: Queen Running in Circles<br /> <a href="http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3760395&uid=1946524&members=1" target="_blank">http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3760395&uid=1946524&members=1</a>

Hey yall, I just had to smile at all the different ways you guys reved up the recipe for the cauliflower mashed potatoes. As you can see I haven't been back to this recipe post in quite some time, but I am truly happy that everyone is enjoying this recipe. And I got some really good ideas for improving this recipe myself crazy.gif .

pam46