Health Discovery Network
pam46

Cauliflower Mashed potatoes

Hey yall, I just had to smile at all the different ways you guys reved up the recipe for the cauliflower mashed potatoes. As you can see I haven't been back to this recipe post in quite some time, but I am truly happy that everyone is enjoying this recipe. And I got some really good ideas for improving this recipe myself crazy.gif .

pam46

Is there anyone who made these that hates cauliflower and love this??? It sounds so good but I am anti cauliflower always has been.... I need a new 0 point veggie to get into my side dishes besides brocoli and green beans....... So any haters become lovers after trying this???

Stacey

Recommited 2-13-04<br />sw 185<br />cw 176<br />goal 140

Is there anyone who made these that hates cauliflower and love this??? It sounds so good but I am anti cauliflower always has been.... I need a new 0 point veggie to get into my side dishes besides brocoli and green beans....... So any haters become lovers after trying this???

Stacey

StaceyG-I made this last night and my hubby hates cauliflower(I didn't tell him) ;) . I ate it and thought it tasted fine, he took one bite and knew exactly what it was. That was the last bite he took. If you don't like cauliflower, that's exactly what this will taste like. I thought it was good, but I like cauliflower. Ya never know unless you try it!

Julia

SW177/CW131/GW144

StaceyG-I made this last night and my hubby hates cauliflower(I didn't tell him) ;) . I ate it and thought it tasted fine, he took one bite and knew exactly what it was. That was the last bite he took. If you don't like cauliflower, that's exactly what this will taste like. I thought it was good, but I like cauliflower. Ya never know unless you try it!

Julia

SW177/CW131/GW144

Thanks jules... I had a feeling it would be like that... I am going to try it thou.. not sure what I am going to use to mash it with... ff sour cream or laughing cow is great.... There were alot of suggestions to play with...

Thanks agian .. i wont make a big batch lol

Stacey

Thanks jules... I had a feeling it would be like that... I am going to try it thou.. not sure what I am going to use to mash it with... ff sour cream or laughing cow is great.... There were alot of suggestions to play with...

Thanks agian .. i wont make a big batch lol

Stacey

Guest Loggerlady

Ok.. I'd like to try making these tonight, but seeing as I've never cooked "fresh" veggies in my life! (Aside from in the crockpot and real potatos.) I have NO idea how long to cook until real tender. I'm making them with cola chicken. Any ideas on how long these will take to make?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Smiles smile.gif

Michelle

Guest Loggerlady

Ok.. I'd like to try making these tonight, but seeing as I've never cooked "fresh" veggies in my life! (Aside from in the crockpot and real potatos.) I have NO idea how long to cook until real tender. I'm making them with cola chicken. Any ideas on how long these will take to make?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Smiles smile.gif

Michelle

I'd say about 15 minutes ought to do the trick. Stab them with the point of a knife - they should not be resistant at all. If the florets looks like they're breaking up, then they're definitely done!!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

I'd say about 15 minutes ought to do the trick. Stab them with the point of a knife - they should not be resistant at all. If the florets looks like they're breaking up, then they're definitely done!!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Guest Loggerlady

Ugh.. Disappointment! ugh.gif I cooked the cauliflower for about an hour (boiling) and it appeared to be done. I drained it and attemped to "mash" it with my masher and bent the darn thing (the masher that is)! sobbing.gif So I put it back on to boil for a few more minutes, but after about 15 minutes I couldn't wait any longer because the other food was getting cold. So I redrained and tried my electric mixter and still not done! Ugh.. oh well DH doesn't like cauliflower anyways!

So then I tried to warm up a potato in the microwave so we could just have a baked and when it was finished I cut it in 1/2 and it was rotten in the middle! I guess "potatos" just weren't suppose to be on the menu tonight!! Oh well.. the chicken was good!

Smiles! smile.gif

Michelle

Guest Loggerlady

Ugh.. Disappointment! ugh.gif I cooked the cauliflower for about an hour (boiling) and it appeared to be done. I drained it and attemped to "mash" it with my masher and bent the darn thing (the masher that is)! sobbing.gif So I put it back on to boil for a few more minutes, but after about 15 minutes I couldn't wait any longer because the other food was getting cold. So I redrained and tried my electric mixter and still not done! Ugh.. oh well DH doesn't like cauliflower anyways!

So then I tried to warm up a potato in the microwave so we could just have a baked and when it was finished I cut it in 1/2 and it was rotten in the middle! I guess "potatos" just weren't suppose to be on the menu tonight!! Oh well.. the chicken was good!

Smiles! smile.gif

Michelle

I had to use 3 16 oz bags of frozen cauliflower for my family of 5, but it was on sale so I'm not complaining!

I added chicken granules and a couple cloves of garlic in the water during cooking. I mashed it with 2 wedges of Laughing Cow and 1/4 cup of FF half & half, and seasoned with salt and pepper. I found that I had to use my immersion blender, but they are very good!

Will make it again! thumbup.gif

Love, <br /><br />Cheryl<br />216/170/158<br />LIFETIME 7/03<br />Headed BACK to goal!<br /><br /><i>Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.</i>

I had to use 3 16 oz bags of frozen cauliflower for my family of 5, but it was on sale so I'm not complaining!

I added chicken granules and a couple cloves of garlic in the water during cooking. I mashed it with 2 wedges of Laughing Cow and 1/4 cup of FF half & half, and seasoned with salt and pepper. I found that I had to use my immersion blender, but they are very good!

Will make it again! thumbup.gif

Love, <br /><br />Cheryl<br />216/170/158<br />LIFETIME 7/03<br />Headed BACK to goal!<br /><br /><i>Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.</i>

I made this tonight, using chicken broth and fresh garlic. Then I mashed, added s & p and a few sprays of ICBINB. I'm always up for any help getting my veggie servings in and this did the trick. It will be a great addition to my holiday menu as well.:)

Mary