Health Discovery Network
thedoodr

Simply Filling Monday July 20 - Sunday July 26

Good morning buddies!

Its so pretty out today..more like Oct. but still nice. Going to take a 2-3 mile walk with DD with morning, then maybe float around our `mini`pool if the water is not too cold.

Tonight me might go to the ball game downtown Columbus with our out of town family.They all go back tomoroow to Seattle Wa.

We went to a cook out last night with thme and had so much fun. It had been 2 years since we saw them!

How was everyones weekend? Looking forward to your posts!

Have a wonderful day!

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

I'll be back later today...! :wave:

Thanks for getting us started, Rhonda~

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Wow we must all be really busy or on vacations!

I have a success story to tell you! Yesterday i went outside 4 different times and it looked like rain/storms were coming. I ended up doing my walk on the treadmill,actually got a harder workout.

We had plans to go to the baseball game downtown with out of town family. I made baked whole wheat spaghetti for dinner and had a small bowl to hold me over. It was dime a dog night and i did not want to sit there and eat a bunch of hotdogs..BUT if i saw one with sauerkraut and mustard i planned the points to have one. The traffic was horrendous. Ended up the game was sold out..all 10,000 seats.

So we ended up walking a good mile around town and ate at a nice restraunt.I had a house salad that was a nice size and very fresh!

I was stull full from the fiber in my pasta so i really did not want anything else. I feel like i planned out the night for about any issue that came up!

We also agreed that we had more fun around that table for 2 hours than we would have at the game. They went back to Seattle today and it will be another year til we see them again..so time well spent!

Rhonda

weight.png

exercise.png

That sounds like such a nice time, Rhonda! :bcb_bigsm

And GREAT planning-ahead. :salut

I'm still tracking on thedailyplate, with a loss-goal of 1.5 pounds. Tomorrow's my weigh-in after a week. :bcb_smile

Got my RUN/WALK in early. Have a lunch out planned with a friend. And I've got to get my meals in order for today. I just printed out some weekly-menu-planners from the T-20 Forum; they're cute AND it will get me to think about the week ahead...:salut

MAKE IT GREAT! :wave:

I am meeting a friend today at a Mongolian stir-fry restaurant for lunch and then doing a few errands. It is supposed to be in the high 80's today. I am glad for air conditioning in the car. I love, love, love the sun but do not like the heat. Our house still seems too quiet and I already miss our daughter and granddaughters.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Good Morning everyone,

Judy hope you feel less sad soon. Its hard not being around family!

Its suppose to rain today up to 2 inches which we need badly. I am jumping on the treadmill this morning for my 2 miles and also doing my arm weights today.

Just working about 6 hours and off tomorrow.

Thursday will be cleaning and laundry...wow what a day off! lol

I will check back later..hope you all have a great OP day!

Rhonda

weight.png

exercise.png

I got to go to a restaurant in a convertible yesterday!...:bcb_grin It was bright, and burning HOT outside, but I just enjoyed the bugs-in-my-teeth and wind-in-my-hair.:bcb_bigsm

Made wise choices, and the salad was delicious. :salut

Judy~ Each day I try and remember, "Love what you have". When I'm alone I appreciate peace and quiet, time for myself...and my dog! :bcb_smile I've been hearing about the game Bananagrams. Do your granddaughter's have that? I've been thinking about getting it...

Man I would love to see some rain, Thedoo! I love the smell of the earth after a rain...:bcb_smile

Well, as you all can see from my other post, I am a HAPPY BOOT-CAMPER today (-2.6 lb.)! :bcb_grin

:wave:

Carol-There is nothing like the bugs in your teeth and the wind in your hair, huh? Only I get mine from riding a jeep without the top and a four wheeler, LoL... Country through and through!!

Rhonda- Send some of that rain my way. We have turned off so dry! Can't complain about the temps though. Been nice in the high 60's and low 70's. I can't remember it ever being in the 60's here in July. It is usually in the high 80's and 90's. Not sure what is up with our weather this year!!

What is the plan for today buddies? I am doing some house work and laundry. Hubby took off work today so he could work on getting our camper ready. I have been pushing him about that! I love to camp but we have not had a chance to go yet this year and if we don't go soon, camping season will soon be over!! There is nothing like camping in the mountains. Love the peace and quite!!

Judy- It must be hard missing your daughter and granddaughters so much! Does it help to get to talk to them?

Hope everybuddy has a wonderful day!!

Leesa

HW: 259.6

CW: 161.6

Mini GW: 199.0 met 1/25/08

Next GW: 175 met 5/26/08

Next GW: 150

Inch by inch, it's a cinch!

Judy~ Each day I try and remember, "Love what you have". When I'm alone I appreciate peace and quiet, time for myself...and my dog! :bcb_smile I've been hearing about the game Bananagrams. Do your granddaughter's have that? I've been thinking about getting it...

Man I would love to see some rain, Thedoo! I love the smell of the earth after a rain...:bcb_smile

Well, as you all can see from my other post, I am a HAPPY BOOT-CAMPER today (-2.6 lb.)!

Carol, I know you would like some rain but not me. I just want sun and cooler. I do appreciate the quiet. It just takes a bit to get use to it again. When DGDS and DD leave it is just a let down.

Judy- It must be hard missing your daughter and granddaughters so much! Does it help to get to talk to them?

Lesa, yes it is hard at times missing my daughter and granddaughters but I we talk on the phone, e-mail and both our DDS are on Facebook so I decided to join just to know what is going on with them. Where DD lives in AZ is a good place for her. As much as I miss her I did tell her once that if I was single I would move to where there is more sun. We both have Winter SAD.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

20,000 pts.-100%

I have made a decision to not get on the computer after breakfast until I have exercised. When I get on the computer before I then do not want to exercise because it is too hot and by evening I am too tired.

I do not know when I will be able to get on the computer tomorrow as DH is having double hernia surgery. We have to be at the hospital which is 45 min. away at 7:30 am.

Judy S.

20,000 pts.-100%

I've made that decision before, too, Judy. Good for you. :salut

Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow ~

Will be thinking of you and your DH tomorrow ~ :wave: :buddysmoo

Guest joggerjill85

Hi everyone! I have been here before but then I took a bit of a 'vacation' from WW. I managed to not gain weight, but I didn't lose any either! I am engaged now and have exactly one year until the wedding. It is my hope that I will reach goal of 130 lbs by mid-October. That feels like forever away, but it will be a 1.5 lb / week loss. Sorry for babbling on here, I just wanted to reconnect with this community.

Judy-that is good that you joined up with facebook to keep up with your daughters. Isn't it great that there are so many ways now we can communicate with our family?? Hope surgery goes well for your hubby.

I too have let the computer take over my exercise time but I have gotten better about that lately and I make sure I get some kind of activity in regardless.

Welcome back joggerjill. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Good morning everybody else!

Well, hubby worked on the camper yesterday so we are leaving sometime later today for a few days camping trip up in the mountains at a place called Bark Camp Lake. I can't wait. It is so beautiful there and it is my favorite place to camp. This will be our vacation and I don't mind it one bit!!

Leesa

HW: 259.6

CW: 161.6

Mini GW: 199.0 met 1/25/08

Next GW: 175 met 5/26/08

Next GW: 150

Inch by inch, it's a cinch!

GOOD Morning, Buddies! :wave:

Your vacation sounds wonderful, Leesa! Beautiful...

It's a COLD GRAY morning so far, and I'm loving it. I don't think my veggies are going to get too big, having been planted so late. They're all in the fruit-producing stage...on these dinky little plants! :bcb_huh: LOL!

DH is heading to the doctor's to find out how to inject insulin. :bcb_cry:

He said, "It had to happen sometime..."

I am feeling strong and confident in my ability to get to GOAL now.:salut NO doubt about it...:salut:bcbkickbu

:bcb_bigsm

Good morning buddies. We got back from camping Tuesday evening. I am still finishing laundry. It is raining. We need to get the pop up camper opened to dry it out, though! We had a good bit of rain while camping.

A few exciting things happened:

We went kayaking/canoeing on the Potomac and capsized the canoe (I was in the middle as a passenger at the time). Luckily I fell out to the right and therefore bruised the RIGHT side of my body vs. my already broken left arm!!!:bcb_wink3

We hiked to a lookout and my son sat down on a big rock ledge. When I looked down at him a BIG brown and tan snake was slithering down the rock right behind his legs, crawling into a hole right at his feet!!!!:bcb_huh: DS then took pics of the snake in the rock ledge!

I'm just catching up with things here...food shopping, laundry, cleaning. Oh and our bed frame broke recently. It is a VERY old bedroom set and I am now shopping for a new one! This is something we've been meaning to do!

I'm also planning a trip to Mississippi/New Orleans area where my DS #1 is with AmeriCorps. We'll be camping again and hopefully kayaking (and not capsizing).:bcb_wink3

Welcome back jogger! 1.5 pounds per week is a pretty high expectation!!! I always recommend going with behavioral goals rather than weight goals. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Nice to be back buddies....

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Here's a pic of the snake, anybuddy know what kind it is? After a quick search, I'm thinking COPPERHEAD!!!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

West coast snakes are different than East coast snakes. So I don't know. It does look like a "diamond" pattern on it, though...:bcb_huh:

We are home now and DH came through the surgery just fine. It has been a long day but then I have not slept well for 3 nights so I am exhausted. Uncomfortable chairs at the hospital did not help. I am just glad to be home and that everything went well.

Judy S.

20,000 pts.-100%

After a quick search, I'm thinking COPPERHEAD!!!!!

The color's right! :bcb_bigsm

Now get some good rest, Judy! :sleepin:

Judy, happy you and your DH are doing good after your very long days with the hospital. Get some rest!

Good Morning to you all,

Wow i was not on here much yesterday.Busy with housework, still got my walking in and stayed OP.

I am only wrking a few hours today in the AM, will come home and do my walk and weights then hopefully the sun will com out so i can do some floating in the pool...the house is CLEAN!!!

It rained all day on and off yesterday as well as Wed. We needed it, but i miss the sun.

I will check back late today.Hope everyone is doing great!

Rhonda

weight.png

exercise.png

Looks sunny here today ~

Time for my WALK! :bcb_march

DH started injecting insulin yesterday, so that's been interesting.:bcb_huh:

And I am DEDICATED to eating healthy again today, meeting my 9 GHG, and tracking food/exercise on thedailyplate. :salut :wave:

I have a steely-will and a lazer-focus. :bcbkickbu

I do not know if I am going to survive a month. DH is driving me crazy. He is bored but limited on what he can do so he finds things to nit pick with me about. bcb_sad:bcb_grrrr I am going to phone a friend and see if she would like to go shopping. If not I will just go by myself. I just do not want to be around DH right now.

Judy S.

20,000 pts.-100%

Good Morning Buddies!

I'm back! We had the best time in Maine! It was so much fun to be all together with everyone. It seems I only see my step-sisters at funerals bcb_sad. It was nice to be with them having fun. I did OK with the eating, much better than if I had NO plan, but I did eat a bit more than I planned. I'm off to the farm market today and will get back to my "turbo charged" SF/Core lifestyle TODAY!! I have noticed that even if I gain for holidays or special occasions, that the weight comes right off. That's a positive that didn't used to happen, I feel more in control since I started WW.

Well, I've got tons to do, but I'm glad to be back, I missed my buddies! You'll all see me around again :bcb_smile. Have a great day buds!:salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130