Health Discovery Network
Coconutgirl

Gaining weight on the program??

Hi everyone. I just read on another thread that someone at a WW meeting stormed out because every time she came to a meeting she had GAINED weight??!!

As I am having such success, and others I know, this makes me wonder. Do any of you hear that often? I mean, if it is not a personal physical issue, it makes me think that the woman must be fooling herself that she is sticking to it, and eating more than the program calls for.

I know if I gained each week I would certainly not continue.

Any thoughts? Anyone know of people that stick to it and actually gain? The ones that I know on WW love it and lose at least a pound a week.

weight.png

5'2" eyes a green :)

It wouldn't be the first time someone blamed the consequences for their behavior on someone else.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

:bcb_grin

Yes, that is what I was thinking. What gets me is that someone would "storm" out in anger!

Getting a reply from such a success story as yours Blackbeard, is very encouraging. I was just curious, as I have yet to hear of a constant gain when sticking to the program.

weight.png

Assuming the woman is in good health, not pregnant and not taking medications then weekly gains would be rare I'd think. I know that if I'm not 100% dilligent - following the program EXACTLY as written - then I will either maintain or gain. I have a massive thyroid issue along with a few other problems that leave me ZERO wiggle room with this program. Maybe that woman is dealing with a health issue she doesn't know about - or maybe she's not following the program as well as she'd like to think.

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

Good for you Pam, sticking to it despite no "wiggle room"

Truly, I do not know any details about this person, just read that she had stormed out of a meeting as her weight did not go down.

I hope she can either figure out the issue as a health one, or...admit she is not staying OP.

For me, though I have only had a total of 40 pounds to lose, the DIFFERENCE in the amount of food is quite alot. I am not too hungry, (thank God!), but if I guessed how many points before I started, it would probably be over 50 per day.

I did not think that in general I was overeating, it was the snacking and not knowing about some of the hidden calories I was ingesting.

Also eating my husband's local style Hawaiian cooking...even though not too much, loaded with gravy , salt, and fat. (He is skinny!)

And...now cut back to a beer every other day, instead of a couple everyday. (Light of course)

I don't know, I am just so impressed and feel so much better on WW, that I was surprised to read of that.

weight.png

When I was a leader I saw many examples of people that were exercising more and not eating their AP's and WPA's... This consistantly lead to a stall or a gain. It seems counter intuitive to be exercising more , eating less and still failing!!!

That lead to a lot of heart ache.

This is about eating Well, not just less.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Our Leader has told us that she has had people come in to join and when she cannot "guarantee" them how long it will take to lose a certain # of lbs., and also that she won't give them a "diet" to follow, they leave.

Also, I think people don't realize sometimes how many points are in some foods, i.e. the "snack" foods. I think eating a non-filling snack is a useless waste of points. I see people at the WW. meeting buy 2 or 3 boxes of those WW. bars. They are "still" points and if they are eating all those in a week - wow.

Also, I know people who think they should be losing weight because they are exercising. I know a guy who isn't doing WW. and isn't that much overweight, but goes to the gym 5 days a week usually. He doesn't lose anything he says, however he is great on using the BBQ. and slapping on lots of BBQ. sauce. He loves those big sausages that are goodness knows how many points.

Just keep at it - eat healthy, exercise some, drink some water and work on good motivation.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

I also know people who think staying on program is only about points. They forget about the guidelines - getting water, fruits and veggies, etc. I mean, sure it's fine to use points for a snack, but if all you ate in a day (normal, all the time days) was 30 points of fried chicken and fudge rounds, you aren't going to get the success you want either.

But, if someone is staying on program and always gains, they may want to see a dr.

Ok now I am really glad I started this thread, what a good subject.

I need to learn to eat more of my WPA's, to know that they are fitted into the program for a reason and to understand how it works.

And snacks, someone gave me one of those WW candies worth two points. Now, nothing against it, here and there. But, for two points, I could eat two pieces of fruit, be much healthier, more satisfied, more energy.

Plus, after eating that I simply wanted about 5 more...lol..

And yes it is WHAT you eat, even if the points are the same. Let's see, 30 points of grease and sugar, or 30 points of veggies, fruits, healthy proteins, filling healthy carbs...don't need to be a scientist.

As for someone having a diet plan laid out for me...NO WAY!! That is what is so great, to make our own choices. I am grateful that I know what is healthy, and have access year round to fresh produce. (However, I had to cut back on tasting the fresh coconut candy that we make for our business)

It is sad that someone would not lose weight when trying so hard. How I wish for them that they could find the reason, and be a happy happy clam like me and others, feeling a million percent better and looking great too.

weight.png

A lot of people have the diet mentality too. I see posted so many times.

"I am following the program to a tee. But I just can not eat all my Daily points. I know if I lower them I will lose faster too."

My guess is she isn't following the program.

And snacks, someone gave me one of those WW candies worth two points. Now, nothing against it, here and there. But, for two points, I could eat two pieces of fruit, be much healthier, more satisfied, more energy.

Are you talking about the Fruities? I'm not sure if I spelled that right. Anyway, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those are 2 points for the whole pack and not per piece.

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png