Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
thedoodr

Simply Filling Monday July 27 - Sunday Aug. 2

Hope everyone is having a good week. Yesterday I was not feeling good at all. Having an extra bad (.) It was weigh in day and even tho i felt tighter i knew i was not going to see a loss. I was right where i was last week.I feel like i am carring around a brick in my tummy!

I did not work out and spent 3 hours with my son registering his college classes. he will be commuting so we had to find a way for him to go after rush hour was over in the morning and for him to get out of school before it started again. WOW that was a challenge but we did it! My brain still hurts tho! lol

Today I feel better. Did my 2 miles with the treadmill and a nice incline and did my arm weights workout,and cleaned the wood floors!

I will check in with my weight in a few days or i might just wait til next Monday. I am sure its water. Ive been a very good girl!

Welp better get back to laundry.My day canceled so i got an unexpected extra day off!

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

Rhonda ~ way to go on getting your college student all situated; I have two of them (twins) entering college this year so I can appreciate the brain hurting! Also, if you haven't read CW's post on why the scale lies in The Training Manual Group, check it out, he addresses the very issues you were talking about.

Today was my first weigh in after my re-enlistment last week. After much toil and travail to get my head on straight and work the program I was down two pounds. Thank goodness!! If I had gained I would have to go back to paying again!! I would prefer to keep that $13 for other uses if at all possible! But, I will say that when and if the time comes and I have to pay the fine it will be worth it and I am sure I will have earned it!

Hope everyone has a great OP evening!

Jacque

"Be passionate enough to succeed......"

David Cottrell

:bcb_march:bcb_march

152/150/142

It is 2:25 pm here and 96 degrees with humidity at 46%. It feels like 102. Ugh, bcb_sad I am hibernating inside the house. It is supposed to be hotter tomorrow.

Carol, I bet it is hotter where you are. We are usually a bit cooler than W. Oregon.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Hi buddies! I have had a busy day helping my sis can kraut and corn relish and I have broke beans and shucked corn til I am sick sick sick of seeing any veggies!! I am worn out! I grew up in the country raised on a garden and I swore that when I got married I would not raise a garden myself. And I haven't!! But I do help my sis out some and she shares with me! I feel ashamed of myself whining about a little bit of work in a garden and I know that so many of you love working in your gardens but it is just not for me anymore lol.

Well, I am still eating mostly core foods but I started counting points too because I was eating way too many core foods and I am proud to say I am down another 2 pounds this week. I am so glad to be losing weight again instead of gaining. I even got my 5 pound star tonight! First star I have ever got! I have lost a total of 6.6 pounds in the past 4 weeks. Not too shabby.

Rhonda, I too have been getting my daughter enrolled in college for this fall. I think we got her all taken care of today. The good thing about this college is that it is only 12 min from our house so she will still be staying home and won't have that far to drive!

Jacque- congrats on your weight loss!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Leesa

HW: 259.6

CW: 161.6

Mini GW: 199.0 met 1/25/08

Next GW: 175 met 5/26/08

Next GW: 150

Inch by inch, it's a cinch!

Thank you Jacque!!!!

I DO feel better after reading about the scales. Its great advice!

I have been so good at watching my food and stepping up the excerising.I use to only do a mile and now its at least 2 but mostly 3 miles a day. My tummy is not as bloated, its flattening out!

My wish is that when you go to the dr. office they bring out a tape measure and NOT the scales! lol

Hope everyone has a great day! Cheers for us moms that got the college registering done for our kids....happy i am not alone. !!!

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

Very humid here today. So far, not that hot. It rained this morning. BUT WOW is it humid. I was just outside doing some yard work and I am sweating profusely. But I really enjoy the heat!!!

I went to the doctor for follow up on my broken arm yesterday. He took xrays. All is well apparently and the pain I experience is really from the STIFFNESS/swelling, which is kind of what I thought. That's why NOT biking didn't help! It just made it more stiff and painful the next time. I LOVE that BIKING seems to HELP:bcb_happy!!! He also is sending me for PT. I'm going to this place I've heard TERRIFIC things about and that my son has gone to. DH will also be going about his ankle. It's a WHOLE FAMILY affair!!!:bcb_LOL: I go this afternoon and again tomorrow, and quite a bit til we leave for MS/New Orleans next Wed to visit DH. A nice HOT vacation:bcb_up!

I am back to biking a lot, just like summer should be. I am planning a 50 mile bike for my 50th birthday tomorrow. Some friends will be joining me on it and I did part of it this morning to check the route. I need to make some changes and maybe later I can check out some other aspects of the route. It is hard to come up with a good route that is a precise length you want it to be and do the cue sheets. Usually I just go out and ride and wing it, as I know my way around. But with others coming, I need to have a PLAN! I explored some new territory today!:bcb_smile For those interested, I use GMAPS PEDOMETER (which someone here mentioned years ago), and then I put the cue sheet in Excel, going back and forth between the two programs. Works very nicely!

I had to take our car in for work this morning. Hoping it isn't going to be too expensive!

I'd also like to get back to Paoli (at least an hour away) to get some things tweaked on my bike...but I am running out of time in the day!

Meanwhile, I have DS working hard for me on some things I really want to get done in the yard:bcb_up!

Make it a great day buds! Stay cool!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.