Health Discovery Network
walksalot

Confession

I haven't posted for almost a year and a half. In that time, I have had a second child, lost and gained weight. Exercised and not. Gone on anti-depressants. Laughed,lived, traveled.

The universe helped me out by allowing me to catch part of an NPR show recently. An author named David Kessel wrote a book about over eating. Some of my take always were that certain foods are addicting to certain people - much like alcohol. There are some people who forget to have lunch and then there are people who think about lunch while eating breakfast. Many foods are designed to increase eating. Food is not a friend.

This shook me from my denial sleep.

I had a long conversation with a friend of mine who has been in AA for over 15 years. We talked a lot about addiction, support, and taking care of yourself. As I was leaving she said to me, "Find a group. If you go it alone you are going to keep doing what you do."

Bootcamp buddies has supported me before and I would like to ask for support again.

I am 39 yo and would like to not be addicted to food anymore. I would like to have one piece of pizza and say...that's enough. I would like not to have to pour soap onto extra cake so that I don't eat it.

But the truth of the matter is that my issues come out with my eating (not - drugs, spending, shoplifting, drinking, cutting, or sex). So, I need a plan and a way other than food to deal with my life. Today I am going to take 4baby steps towards a healthy life.:bcb_march

1. This post where I admit to this community and myself that I need help and I am obese. The 20 or 30 pounds I would like to loose is now 55. No one is going to take care of this issue but me.

2. I am going to research the new core

3. I am going to eat in a mindful way.

4. I am going to post again if Ineed to today and will check in tomorrow.

Am sending the biggest and most heartfelt salut!!:bcb_salut

Mindy

Wow! You are so brave. I am a "lurker" on this site. Rarely posting, but reading alot. Your post made me want to respond in my understanding of your situation. I am also addicted to food. I think about dinner as I am eating lunch. I "sneak" food because I am embarrased that I am eating more. I made lifetime awhile back, but am slowly creaping up as I am unable to get back on track.

Just wanted you to know that you are not alone and I admire the courage of your post. Good luck!

GMW

"I am not giving up this time!"

SW-172.0 (Nov.30, 2010)

You have done the first step needed to succeed. You have come for help and you have recognized that you need help. Come on over to the Daily. They are a small, but dedicated group and are willing to help. Post often.

Welcome back,

Clara

Non-smoker since 11-15-01

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 106.5... 04/01/21

Ending day one. I am not OP...I feel like I am a few steps away from even starting. But I am proud that my snacks were healthy and I organized my info. I am also glad I posted today. Thank you for the welcome back.

Tomorrow, I will join you on the daily thread. Tomorrow is another day as Scarlett once said!!:bcb_grin

Mindy