Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
brandeeeee

cream of wheat pancakes??

Hello,

My name is Brandy, I'm new around here. :) Ive been reading through some old threads and cream of wheat pancakes are talked about a few times. I can't get the search function to work correctly on this forum board. It keeps telling me that my words are too short. So I've tried to look up the recipe and just cant find it. I'm hoping that someone has it and can post it for me.

Thanks!

Brandy, 29 years old, 5'7"

sw: 223

cw: 192

gw: 150

This is my recipe that I've personalized to taste. I'm pretty sure the original recipe did not call for a whole cup of splenda. That's the only thing I changed.

1 cup cream of wheat (I used the stuff that cooks in 2.5 minutes, though I don't know if this makes a difference)

1 egg

3/4 cup of skim milk

1.5 teaspoons baking powder

1 cup of splenda.

vanilla to taste

Mix and let sit for about 10 minutes. Spoon by 1/4 cup into med/med-high sprayed skillet. YUM!

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

yay Thanks so much. I can't wait to try these. I've been wanting pancakes all week.

Hello,

My name is Brandy, I'm new around here. :) Ive been reading through some old threads and cream of wheat pancakes are talked about a few times. I can't get the search function to work correctly on this forum board. It keeps telling me that my words are too short. So I've tried to look up the recipe and just cant find it. I'm hoping that someone has it and can post it for me.

Thanks!

Brandy, the search function on BCB does not work. When you want to search BCB you can use Google. Just put Bootcamp Buddies and the word you want to search into the search function.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

These are so good that u might want to decide in advance that you are only going to have a certain amt, and then if you are still hungry, have some fruit or something.

They can be a trigger to those who really like pancakes.

**Sharyn**

Good advice Pandorra!

I think that I normally get full on about 1/4 cup dry of the C.o.W. hot cereal when made with soy milk, so if I were to make pancakes, I would probably aim to only eat 1/4 worth of CoW... not much more. I had to deal with that issue with some Core granola that I made. I decided not to eat more than 1/4 cup at a sitting b/c that is all the oatmeal cereal I can handle... didn't want the points to add up.

It seems to work for me, as I have been having pretty steady losses all summer! Knock on wood!

Good luck.

weight.png

weight.png

Thanks Judy for the search tip. I will be using that quite often.

And Sharyn thanks for pointing that out. I will have to make just enough for one serving. I can over do pancakes. Especially with peanut butter on them. However I will be skipping the peanut butter from now on.

I like em so much I just eat them straight.

U can fold in some blueberries too, to make them sweeter.

There is also a good SF maple syrup (I think it's called Carey's), and I also like SF Polaner fruit preserves on them.

But, like I said mostly I just eat em straight with nothing on em.

**Sharyn**

When I make any type of sf pancake I usually eat them plain too! Cottage cheese and fruit are nice with them too!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.