Health Discovery Network
spoiltmom

What do you do with bread so it will keep longer?

I'm the only one in my house that will eat light bread. On Friday I found those Orowheat sandwich thins at Sam's. I wanted to try them so I got them even though they were $4.50 a package.

Anyway since I'm the only person eating them and I only bread no more than twice a week can I freeze them?

I have some of those Ziploc vacuum bags. Could I put them in there?

Amanda

ds 03/25/10

dd 10/12/06

ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

I just stuck them into the freezer in their own bag! They are staying separate.

I put them into the micro for 20 seconds so I can easily split one apart.

Then I "toast" it to the right color, for eating ~

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I'd guess a month or two. But I bet mine are gone before then...:bcb_smile:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I freeze my bread as well. Our bread keeps in the freezer for up to 6 months. We buy bread in bulk at our local discount bread store, and pop it in the freezer. When we're running out, we grab a bag out and let it defrost on the counter, then after it's defrosted, we put it in the fridge. A lot of people don't like the way the bread tastes after being frozen though. I don't mind it, doesn't taste much different to me! Instead of keeping bread in a breadbox, or in a cupboard, I personally think it's best to keep it in the fridge. That's worked best for me. Especially with hamburger buns or anything that I know will be gone soon.

"You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there." - Unknown

SW 205 / CW 142 / GW 130

:bcbkickbu

weight.png

My grandmother freezes bread all the time. After she takes it out to thaw, she puts a few paper towels in the the bag under all the bread. That helps suck up the water, so it doesn't get soggy. I think it tastes the same as having it fresh. She doesn't keep it frozen for that long though. She never has is in there longer than a month.

Brandy, 29 years old, 5'7"

sw: 223

cw: 192

gw: 150

I make my own bread--two loaves per week. One goes in the freezer. My DH toasts everything, so he probably wouldn't notice any difference in flavor.

Don't use a vacuum bag. It will suck the air out of the bread, too, and you'll have flat bread :bcb_down

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Juloie, you're amazing! Do you make it "by hand" or in a bread machine???

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.