Health Discovery Network
thedoodr

disappointment

I am not going to weigh myself more than once a month. There is still no loss this week. Ive been OP and working out more than i ever have in the past.

I feel i lose more when i just do the plan..less working out.

Only thing is my depression is at a miniumn because of the extra activity ive been doing and that is So important to me.

I am going to keep doing what i am doing and hope for the best. My tummy is down.clothes are looser,i feel tighter and emotional healthier.... The weight is just not budging. :bcb_yuck:

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

I was watching Ruby, the woman (who started at 700-lbs.) from Savannah? She took forever to get below 350 (for the first time in her adult life). She just seemed to be stuck, but didn't give up...

Then the next time she weighed (a week, maybe two?), she had gone down to 334 lbs.! It's like the weight melted off, and she was SHOCKED! :bcb_huh:

But you saw her exercising, eating right, and dancing at night, and working (new for her) during the day. Of course it had to happen ~ :bcb_smile:salut

Pandorra isn't weighing herself more than once a month. She knows that either way, whatever the scale says, up or down, she'll have a reason she could go off-plan.

If you can do it (stay away from the scales), I salute you! :bcb_smile:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Rhonda, you could actually not weigh in at all and it wouldn't make a difference! For the first year I was back OP, I only weighed in once a month. I was doing Flex and part of the reason was to keep track of when I hit a new decade and dropped down a point. But if you're doing Core, it doesn't matter what your weight is as the plan stays the same. You know that you aren't going to be at goal within a week or even a month so if the scale is affecting your mood/resolve, you could even stay off the scale for 6 months or longer and just focus on staying OP. We don't need the scale to reach a healthy weight!!

PS- Carol, I haven't seen that episode yet!! I just saw the one where she hit 350lbs after switching to a new trainer! I guess I'll see that one next week!!

Kimberley

This new episode is one of the best I've seen! :bcb_smile

I was crying when she was crying...:bcb_cry:

And I'm totally hooked by the preview for next episode...:bcb_smile

Hello Rhonda!

The scale lies! Truly! If you weighed every day, you would see its crazy fluctuations for what they are: crazy fluctuations. I think that CW has a good sticky about the scale somewhere here. I HAVE weighed daily at times in my life, and not at all at other times, depending on how it affects my mood.

I have had the same experience as you in which my clothes were looser, my measurement smaller, but the scale stayed the same, and then, the next week, WALLA!, the number dropped a few lbs. I chalk it up to hormonal water retention due to that TOM! (Big problem for me, which I have learned to ignore.) If you weigh more often, each WI is less important, and you can see the fluctuations as part of the normal up and down due to working out, eating, water retention due to hormones or salt, etc. If you only WI once a month, you miss out on all this info.

Now, I am not encouraging you to WI more often: you already have a great reflection of how you are doing in how your clothes fit and how your mood is! Those things are invaluable, and are real-life benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Take a hammer to the scale if it stressing you out!

You are doing great!

weight.png

weight.png

Like Carol mentioned, the scale absolutely drives me NUTS!

I do not weigh myself more than once a month, and I wouldnt even do that except the gym I go to takes monthly weight and measurements. I also get body fat and that stuff measured, so I deal with getting on the scale once a month for that.

My thought is this....and believe me it has taken a LONG time (and somedays its still a struggle) to understand that I am going to be eating this way for the rest of my life. It doesnt matter if the scale goes down or not. The scale is NOT going to dictate what I put in my mouth.

So, with that thought in mind, it doesnt matter what the scale says.

:salut

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

My thought is this....and believe me it has taken a LONG time (and somedays its still a struggle) to understand that I am going to be eating this way for the rest of my life. It doesnt matter if the scale goes down or not. The scale is NOT going to dictate what I put in my mouth.

So, with that thought in mind, it doesn't matter what the scale says.

AMEN, Sharyn!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I know, Lynn. I was thinking Pandorra has reached Scale Nirvana...! :bcb_bigsm

:bcb_bravo

I know, Lynn. I was thinking Pandorra has reached Scale Nirvana...! :bcb_bigsm

:bcb_bravo

Yep, I think she has...AND of course this isn't JUST about the scale, it's about ANY disappointment on the journey...and dealing with the sabotaging thoughts that go with it...are we going to go off plan??? HECK NO!!! NEVER!!!! This is HOW WE EAT for life! As long as you have THAT attitude, you cannot fail!!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

My goal is "scale nirvana" as well! :bcb_up

I think that I'm ready for it. I was at the absolute limit of maintaining my lifetime status in July. I'm sick and tired of bouncing up and down on the scale. I see a low number, think I have some "room" to play with and then the next thing I know, I see a big number which means I have to "diet" (which means switching to Flex) to get that number back down where it should be.

So, I can't avoid having to focus on the scale one more month to make sure I get some cushion back with my lifetime weight. But past that, I'm DONE with setting a definite number to attain (140=100lbs lost) and I'm going to just focus on LIVING for a change instead of being motivated to binge and bust over and over. :bcb_down

Kimberley

Thanks everyone! Sorry i have not been on here for awhile..I am still OP and now i am up to 4 miles walking! Not letting the scales hurt my feelings anymore. i feel GREAT!

CW...AP do you mean the extra points i earn for every 30 min of activity? No i am not using anymore points that what i have to work with on core. I usually only use about 10 of those a week. i try to stay with SF foods..but i love my sandwich thins..i use those several time a week but they are just 1 point each.

Should I be eating more??? I figured the extra cals burned would help me lose weight if stayed OP..nothing extra....Maybe I am doing something wrong????

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

Rhonda -

While I'm following Flex, I know that when I eat all my points and all my extra weekly points, plus my APs I lose faster. If you cut back too far your body starts letting go of less because it thinks it's starving. Maybe you could swap your milks with 1% and add a few more non-core, but healthy items and then count the points to at least get your 35 points a week in???

Juli

------------------------------------------

SW 220 CW 195 GW 140

25 pounds lost as of 8/17/09

First 10% - 8/3/09 bye, bye 22 pounds forever!!!

AP's are earned at 100 calories each

Food points are 50 cals...you will still be in calorie depravation but by eating them you will not be starving your body. When you are safe, Only then will you lose.

APs are safe (and necessary) to eat if you exercie a lot.

If they were not meant to be used why do we have a way to count them?

This is about eating well, not just eating less.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124