Health Discovery Network
potanamano

Migraine help

this past weeks I have been suffering from severe headache... my doctor called it migraine and I really have that history. But lately it always attack and really can't help it. Mostly, I take pain relievers but I just want to know based from someone's experience here if any had the same situation and what do you do?

:welcome: to BCB!

I get migraines for different reasons. The BIGGEST reason is food allergies. I can't eat processed food due to the additives, preservatives and chemicals (especially MSG). I'm also wheat/gluten-intolerant and lactose intolerant. If I have any dairy or gluten, I will get bad migraines.

Changes in the barometric pressure give me migraines sometimes as well. If it's raining a lot or very humid, it can set my head off.

Finally, I also get muscle tension migraines. If I sleep with my neck in the wrong position or lie down on the couch to watch TV in the wrong position, I'll get a headache from the strain on the muscles. In that case, yoga/stretching is the best thing!

Kimberley

Guest TryingWW

If you truly have a migraine I doubt you could sit and type. It is more than just a headache. Ask your Dr. about the medication you are taking. Sometimes you can get a rebound headache from the medicine.

That's not exactly true Dee. Many people can function with migraines - though some are definitely much worse than others.

I get migraines from the change in weather and from muscle tension - they are killer, but I can still function. I don't want to, but I can :bcb_grin

Imitrex used to work really well for me, but they were expensive and made me sleepy. I stopped taking them when I was pregnant and never asked for a refill. Lately I've been using Excedrin migraine and an ice pack combined with massage (on the neck, back or head) from hubby and just suffering through. I don't work outside the home so I'm able to hobble along using that method.

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

Hi! Are you new to Weight Watchers -- could it be the change in what you're eating or not eating now?

Being a pharmacist, I'm sure you know there are medications available now for migraines -- have you tried them? If you could describe your situation a little more, because migraines are so varied with so many different causes.

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.