Health Discovery Network
Ready2StepUp

After years of struggle...

Starting at 180lbs it has been years of struggles, disappointments, insecurity, feelings of not being good enough, and all those other upsetting feelings you get when you feel you are not good enough or look the way you wish. Its been a long road...a difficult road...Starting as a child I have always been overweight. In elementary school I was always called fat always made to feel like the outcast because of me weight. Because of that I started to seperate myself from friends and any type of social life. It all continued while I went into high school. Yes I had my close tiny group of friends but other then that I felt I was not good enough to talk to many. I felt insecure and felt ashamed. I always felt like they were looking at me thinking fatty or saying ew even if they were smiling at me. My junior year is when my tragedy happened. My darling mother who is my best friend passed away. From that day on I vowed to myself I would become the person I wanted. I always wanted to skinny. Always wanted to be able to throw on cloths and not have to look in the mirror to make sure nothing was bulging out. I just wanted to be able to dress and go. I wanted to be that social girl who seemed to have no worrys who you looked at and wished you had the confidence they had. Yes through the years I have had my ups and downs. Down in weight back up in weight but finally I looked myself in the face in the mirror and told myself that no one is going to do this for me. If its truely what I want I need to recognize and understand that this isnt a diet its a lifestyle change. Its a change to make me healthy and to help me be where I want to be. I told myself I need to stop talking the walk and actually walk the walk and not look back. So I set myself at a goal of 110lbs and challenged myself to get there. As I said earlier its been a long hard roll facing daily struggles learning tricks and basically learning to say no and ok I had eough instead of always giving in "just this once" or feeling that I needed to finish my plate. I always felt I needed to finish everything while out never had the concept of wrapping to go and having tomorrow but you bet now more then ever I know how to!!! hahaha but ok after all my ramble which I am sorry for this is what I am getting at....Its been a long road a hard struggle a lot of truth faced by myself but after it all I have to say....It has payed off!!! :) This morning I stepped on the scale and I was a wonderful..........109.4lbs!!! :bcb_up I finally reached my goal! I feel amazing great wonderful. I am proud that I achieved this for myself and not anyone else. Now Its maintaining but I know I have the strength to do it because I learned what I can and cant do. Also I will have the support still of you guys. I still want to stay focused just because I reached my goal this does NOT mean I will slack or just throw it all away this time. I will not! and That is a promise to you BCBers and most of all myself! YAYYYY! It feels so great to achieve! :kickbutt:

Always taking a day at a time and continually learning...:bcb_march

:bcb_march

Congratulations!!! :bcb_bravo I'm sure a lot of us can relate to your story, I know I can. We are worth the effort, we just have to recognize that. Keep up the good work!!!

Congratulations and we know you can do it to. What a great feeling to reach your goal.

Clara

Non-smoker since 11-15-01

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 106.5... 04/01/21

SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU, BUDDY!!!!

fireworks21.gif

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Wow! Congrats. How long did it take you to lose all that weight? The HW for me has been 154 and it's been a difficult journey!

Lily:bcb_march

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Congratulations. This is a great story and you are an inspiration to those who come after you. Nice nice job.

Peg

Congratulations! :bcb_bravo Hitting goal is sometimes indescribable. You should feel absolutely amazing. It sounds like you have learned a lot on your journey. Enjoy maintenance and your lifestyle change. Be sure to check in/post often to stay focused.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Guest Holly Golightly

AMAZING!! You should celebrate, what an accomplishment.

Thanks for sharing your story!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You should be proud of yourself !! :bcb_bravo:bcb_bravo

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

WOW..... Congrats to YOU.

I am at the stage of looking in the mirror and not liking what I see. I have been on the same road where you have travelled. I have just made a committement to myself that its time to do something for me and only me.

I know its gonna be hard but... taking one day at time and having this site is gonna make the journey alittle smoother.

Thanks for sharing your story... I know that I am NO ALONE

WOW, you brought tears to my eyes. I've not been able to visit here since 2008, and missed so much. I log in and your story is the first I read. It hit a spot that felt so real. I have been playing around with the same pounds for far to long, and your words made me realies that if I want to get under the 200 mark and keep going towards my goal then it is ME that has to do it. And as of right now I am on that path. I have all mt WW books out and going to start like I am new at the journey. All the money I have put into the same pounds, I could be retired right now. Losing weight is managed not cured. Cheers to you.