Health Discovery Network
Aphreal

Talking about good shoes.. what's yer flavor?

I like running on the beach barefoot but I don't think I could run for too long. I don't have enough padding and callouses on my feet to sustain running too far on the beach barefoot. As far as shoes go, I have a few Pumas for casual walking and playing and exercising. I have then have Nike tennis shoes, Adidas golf shoes, Nike hiking/trail shoes and New Balance running shoes. I am a big advocate of trying shoes on before buying them because everyone's foot is different.

Vega Sinclair, Health Coach & Medical Insurance Advisor

I LOVE my Asics and it is the only brand I have been wearing for about 6 or 7 years now. Just seems to fit my feet and I like the amount of cushioning they have.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

I need a new pair of shoes for working at the gym. I have Nike's but the leather is so stiff they hurt my feet. Is there a brand of soft leather shoes?

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

My Brooks (Ariel?) are soft leather. Like marshmallows. Only supportive. :bcb_bigsm

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I have two pair of Nike shox. One for work and one for home. I only have one pair of shoes at a time. I alway's had back problems until I found the shox. I love them! Easy on the back, feet and legs. I got both pairs at Ross. They are 140.00 shoes and I got them for 40 bucks each.

Chris

Restarted 4/21/16

SW230/CW193/GW125

Mini-goal: 170 by July 4th

weight.png

I'm heading for # 5 foot surgery! It's SO hard for me to find sneakers that are comfortable (I love my Skechers sandals). I finally found the most comfortable for me - Nike Air Max. and I just now purchased another $$ pair of Nikes that are rated very high on the Nike site. I haven't tried them yet..

however, I love going barefoot - it's most comfortable for me, but foot doctor said it's a BIG NO NO! Not just for my feet - but for everyone's feet - they need support. He also told me to tone down the wearing of my Skechers sandals.. but it's Florida and summer - that just can't happen!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

I like Merrell's trail running shoes, and brooks. Those 2 are the only ones i can find wide enough for my e width foot (even the wide NB are too tight, I've tried those) Problem with merrells is you don't get as much mileage out of them- they seem to break down much faster than other brands. I love the fit, but after using them 2-3 days/week for a year (and I don't run far- 3 mi max!) on the treadmill they're starting to feel useless.

~Susan~

Still hopelessly in love with Billy after 26 years of marriage!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6m6yh/fingerprintshappendaycare/

I have two pairs of Asics that I wear for treadclimbing, weight work-outs, and cardio. No, I don't wear them both at the same time :bcb_smile, I alternate days as I'm a 7-day per week exerciser. I've had them for about 6 years and they just don't seem to wear out. I have Reeboks and Asics for walking (again, I alternate days). Old walking shoes get relegated to gardening. My favorite daily shoes are not fashionable but they are wonderfully comfortable....they're Haflinger clogs (felt uppers, cork and rubber soles) and they don't seem to wear out, either. My hiking boots are Ecco, as are all my summer sandals. I love European shoes, but find Merrill mocs just about as good (for winter wear).

BTW.....about the Asics.....I asked my son, who is an 8-time All-American Triathlete and also on Team USA, about the best running shoes--figuring he'd probably know--and he said Asics absolutely. I'm sure their are many good running shoes...the Asics may have worked for me just because my foot is shaped like his.

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton