Health Discovery Network
Aphreal

Female runners.....question

What sports bra do you use? I need something with some serious support. When I am on the elliptical, My breasts hurt from the movement.

Thanks!

Tiff

Guest TryingWW

Try Titlenine.com

I'm guessing you are built more like my cousin.

My cousin likes the marvel bra and says it is worth the cost. I on the other hand can wear anything.

I use lululemon sport bras but they're not widely available in the US. I've heard good things about Title 9 but I haven't used them myself.

Kimberley

I like Donna Karan from BraSmyth.

Oprah recommended them years ago, and they are the only ones I like (with underwire).:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest TryingWW

I think they recommend that you do not use underwire for running...

The only types of bras I wear have underwire - even for running. I tried a non-wire one and I was flopping all over the place. I'm surprised I didn't get a black eye!

Titlenine is a good one. I also have had luck with the Breezies sports line on QVC which average about $25-$30.

It's worth it to invest some money in a good sports bra.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Thanks guys. I can use my regular sports bras when I am walking, doing weights or a bike but if I'm trying to run or on any *bouncy* machine.... Feels like someone punched me in the chest! (going to search for black eyes lol)

The bras by moving comfort are good. They offer some with wire and without.

They also have a thing you can fill out by what size bra you need and impact level for which bras are recommended. I've have 3 of them for several years and they are in great shape.

I was a 40DD when I got my first ones.

The moving comfort bras are really great. I highly recommend them.

Cricket

SW: 218

CW: 180 :bcb_down 1/2 way back to the "BAD PLACE."

GW: 145

Success is a journey, not a destination, enjoy the ride.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-graciante

Guest 2 kute

I also recommend the Moving Comfort bras. I have tried many different brands thru the years and these seem to work the best and provide the most support for comfort. Good luck.

I recommend the Enell sports bra. Weird wee contraption - but works brilliantly. You wear it like a waistcoat and it has hooks and eyes up the front from just under your boobs, almost to your chin (not quite - but it makes a formidable holder).

I am definitely large up top and this is the best bra I have ever found. I don't move an inch! It kind of flattens them to your chest. Not a glamorous look - but on an eliptical no one looks glamorous anyway.

-Ally

SW: 89.4kg [197lbs]

CW: 76kg [167lbs]

GW: 65kg [143lbs]

S BMI:33.2

C BMI: 27.2

G BMI:24.2

weight.png

I think Runners World magizine had it as a best bargain buy for running gear. I got it at wal mart.

Kristi- #4 Duchess Flies Like an Eagle

Proverbs 31:25

weight.png

I just purchased two from Title 9. They are rated by barbells and I ordered two with the most bars. They are comfortable, though I think they run a touch big. I have mine cinched to the tightest hooks.

I am not a runner, but, if I were to start I think I would shop for a bra with more oooomph. The two I ordered are ok for gym workouts but heavy pounding or dancing? Eh, probably not.

I should add that I am a 38D.

Guest gardener1026

championusa.com and they're having a bra sale right now. the high impact styles, w/underwire are the ones i use and the're excellent at "bounce control."