Health Discovery Network
hopper

Any interest in a "Walking Challenge" thread?

Does anyone have any interest in a thread dedicated to a "Walking Challenge"?

If so, we could create a monthly, weekly, or daily thread to update.

I walk several days a week on my treadmill at home. I try to get in about 2-1/2 miles each time I do, and have been keeping track of my miles or a few years now. I just recently passed 1000 miles and am starting on my second 1000. Might take a couple of years to get there, but you have to start somewhere, right??!!??!!

So far, in two weeks, i have just over 25 miles more under my belt.

What do you buddies think??? :bcb_march

Claudia

SW 205.2 (7-28-05), 200.2 (6-18-09)

10% (2-2-06 & 10-1-09) Yes, twice now:headover:

CW 175.8 (10-22-09) :)

GW 160

------Practice like a champion today, and practice like a champion tomorrow, and soon you won't have to practice "like" a champion, but rather "as" a champion. :strong:

Does a cross trainer or elliptical count? I go by strides per minute and miles. :) I'll join if that counts!

I would love to participate. Even though I don't walk that much because I have a baby. I try to make it to the park everytime I can for a 45 min walking. Does that count?

Lily:bcb_march

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Sorry, I couldn't post over the weekend. The internet at home went down. Can't get the company to get it fixed yet, so have to post from work.

Thanks, for the replies. I would have to say that anything goes. We can each set our own goal, but post the goal and report the progress when you can. I thought that might keep us accountable, at least to ourselves.

Any of us can start a new thread when we need to. We could make it a weekly or monthly goal. Maybe to start it could be weekly. Or whatever . . . Just so that we have something to keep us a little motivated.

You can make it miles, or minutes, or some other measurable unit.

Sound ok?? Great !!!!! Let's start.

I'll start another thread for the posting of the goals and the reports. I'll start out reporting my goal and my daily progress. Feel free to join, and just keep on moving, that's the ultimate goal.

Claudia

SW 205.2 (7-28-05), 200.2 (6-18-09)

10% (2-2-06 & 10-1-09) Yes, twice now:headover:

CW 175.8 (10-22-09) :)

GW 160

------Practice like a champion today, and practice like a champion tomorrow, and soon you won't have to practice "like" a champion, but rather "as" a champion. :strong: