Health Discovery Network
losingitforme

Back again, for the 100th time

I have no will power. I WANT to lose weight, very badly. I just have no will power. I would like to make excuses ("I have two small children, I have to eat quick pre-packaged foods") but I know deep down that I just am NOT good at this.

I cant stand the meetings, and we cant afford them anyway. So I am trying to do this at home. It worked before (lost 20 lbs) But I just can not seem to get started again. I have been telling my self for the past two weeks "today is the day, start today". Then I just screw it all up by eating whatever is easy.

UGH, :bcb_down

Laura, wife to big C, mama to little C and baby E

Hippy, daydreamer, SAHM, and Disney junkie

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/losingitforme/

vcx8991a7yvlx8df.png

SW 246.0/CW 246.0/GW 150-ish

Hi!

I'm glad you are back!

I must admitt I'm having a HARD time getting back on track right now. I need to stop eating before it's too late! Wish me luck!

Come on let's have Will Power!!!!!!!!!!

Lily:bcb_march

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Laura, I am in the same boat with you. This is my 1st post since last fall, in fact I was doing really well and lost about 13 lbs in 1 1/2 months. Hurricane Ike came and I totally fell off track and have not been able to get back on track. Laura, let's just get online as often as we can and get back in control. This site really helped me before and all the support that everyone gives.

I don't attend the meetings.....and I always felt like this was like going to a meeting everyday just by logging on. I am so glad I got back on the site tonight and read your post first!!! Thanks!!! Kathy

Kathyp

SW:

GW: 165

Goal set: 30 lb loss by June 1, 2011

weight.png

i saw the subject line to this post and can COMPLETELY relate. my problem isn't that ww is difficult, but rather that I have trouble being consistent and feel so overwhelmed by the weight i need to lose. i'm starting officially today and REALLY want to stick with it so i can see some kind of change when i go on vacation on oct 9. trust me, if i stick with this for a month, it's going to be easy to stick with it forever.

where do we post our food so we can get motivation to stay OP?

NATALKA ANNE :jumprope:

Official Start Date: 09/02/09

Start Weight: 205lbs

Goal Weight: 170lbs

Laura,

It's good that you recognize the excuses you make for yourself. I'll just toss out the idea that it is possible to lose weight while eating prepackaged foods. My habits still resemble the ones I had before WW, except the foods I buy are much lower in fat & calories. In the old days, I'd feel like a grilled cheese, and of course I'd make two sandwiches. Four slices of bread, four slices of cheese and a good portion of butter. Throw in some chips and a Coke and it comes to maybe 23 points. Today, I have only one sandwich, and it's light whole-grain bread, low-fat cheese and spray butter. Add some light chips and a Coke Zero and my lunch is now 4 points.

It's all about making small changes that add up over time. Pick one thing you do or eat that you can make a little better. Improve your routine by a little bit each week and you won't be overwhelmed.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Blackbeard- I agree with you about the sandwich. I think that following the program doesn't mean you have to compleatly change your favorite meals but instead be more selective with the ingredintes. I do the same thing that you do. I still eat chips and ice cream but low fat. And of course I to fill up my body with more fruits and veggies.

Lily:bcb_march

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Do you have a friend that can join you? When my husband and I first started doing the WWer program, our catalyst was a couple that we socialize with. That made it 1000 times easier because all four of us were doing it together so we ate together, yakked endlessly about points, kept each other honest, etc.

I think the second week is the hardest -- the first week you are carried by enthusiasm; shopping; the second week is reality. :-)

I believe starting again [which I have done more times than I care to admit] is harder yet -- I've asked myself many times "where did my enthusiasm go?!" Ya just to find a way to get that enthusiasm back. For me, it's the first time I notice a change in my body -- jeans are a tiny bit looser; my watch rotates easier on my wrist; I notice a wee little muscle that wasn't there before. It's something that no one else on the planet would notice, but, it's a catalyst for me to keep on chuggin'!

I think of will power as doing one thing that you would rather not do, but feel that you should do, because either it's good for you or the right thing to do, so you dig deep and find the power to do it based on willing yourself to do it.

I think will power can get you over a hurdle or give you a burst of energy for a one-time sprint, but it takes something else if you want to sustain a change.

I believe the key is changing from "doing something through will power that you would rather not do" to "doing something that you really, truly want to do." In other words, I don't think will power will get any of us very far ... Instead, it takes determination and commitment. How determined are you? How commited are you?

When I first joined WW, man, I was incredibly determined. I wasn't going to let anything or anyone or any circumstance get in my way. Lightning could have struck me and I would have stayed focused. And I kept that up for about 5 months.

After I hit a long plateau, I lost that high level of determination and regained some, only to need to start again, like so many others. Now that I'm back OP, I ask myself how determined am I to see this through. That, at least for me, is the key.

It's not enough to want it ... you have to want it enough.

Kos

I wish I had someone to lose weight along with. I dont go to meetings, and no one in my family needs or wants to lose weight.

I am finding it is easer to stop myself from over eating sweets and things by not buying them. I know that seems so simple. I just know that, at least right now, I can not control myself.

I got a new scale and my weight jumped up from 240 something to 250 something. Made me wanna cry. I know it is just that it is a new scale, but seeing that number....:bcb_down

Laura, wife to big C, mama to little C and baby E

Hippy, daydreamer, SAHM, and Disney junkie

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/losingitforme/

vcx8991a7yvlx8df.png

SW 246.0/CW 246.0/GW 150-ish

the point is you are walking - or crawling - in the right direction. It is a matter of time to arrive to your goal.

102 kgs./85/ 94.6

Whether you think you can or think you can't-you are right! (I can't remember who said but is was probably CW)

Pick one of the Good Health Guidelines and get it in every day. Then build on that by picking another one or two until you are getting them all in every day. Then you will be "on program."

I absolutely do not bring trigger foods into the house. Even though I can have any food I want-I know I cannot control myself with certain foods. I don't buy them. If my husband wants those foods, he has to keep them in his vehicle or store it in his locker at work. He is great at supporting me that way.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"