Health Discovery Network
Leesa68

Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie

This recipe came out of the Kraft Food and Family magazine. I substituted all low fat ingredients for the high fat ingredients and ran it thru the WW recipe builder and it came out to be 6 points per serving.

Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie

Makes 8 servings

3 cups chopped cooked chicken

1 pkg. (16 oz) frozen vegetable blend

1/2 lb. (8 oz) Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes

1 can (10 3/4 oz) 98% FF cream of chicken soup

1 can (8 oz) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent dinner rolls

Heat oven to 375. Combine first 4 ingredients in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Unroll dough; place over chicken mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Leesa

HW: 259.6

CW: 161.6

Mini GW: 199.0 met 1/25/08

Next GW: 175 met 5/26/08

Next GW: 150

Inch by inch, it's a cinch!

Not sure if anybody cares, but I actually tried this recipe tonight for dinner and I really didn't care much for the cheesy taste and only one can of the soup made it really dry. On a positive note, the crescent rolls made a wonderful crust! Next time I will leave out the velveeta and add another can of cream of chicken or cream of celery!

Leesa

HW: 259.6

CW: 161.6

Mini GW: 199.0 met 1/25/08

Next GW: 175 met 5/26/08

Next GW: 150

Inch by inch, it's a cinch!

this looks really good. i think ill give it a try. my daughter hates chicken pot pie but loves cheese. maybe this is something both of us can eat.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M

I agree! This looks pretty awesome to me too!! I'm always looking for something else to do with chicken/turkey breast!! I'm going to give it a whirl too!!:bcb_up

I forgot to mention, my wife DID add a couple of potatoes, as she claims you can't have chicken pot pie without potatoes!LOL It will definitely be on our table again!!

I only made a half a recipe, but have a question. There was no mention of any liquid other than the soup and it did look very dry. So I added some broth from the chicken I had boiled to moisten it up. Was that an error? Was there not to be any liquid other than the soup in it?? I have it in the oven now and will come back with comments. DD thought it looked great and I did too. Hope there are leftovers.

I forgot to mention, I did add potatoes too and onion and fresh garlic too.

Here is the verdict - We loved it. It would have been too dry without the addition of the broth though. It did not get quite done. The top was brown but the veggies not quite cooked. So, maybe for my gas oven I need to decrease the temp and up the cooking time. It will make it to my tabletop again in the very near future.

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130