Health Discovery Network
wwlynn

newbies and lurkers, what questions do you have?

Hi--

I have a question regarding maintence and SiFi. When you reach your goal weight, do you get an additional 4 points a day, plus the 35? Just curious. Thanks.

Allison

SW 150

CW 148

GW 132

Allison since we aren't doing daily points they aren't "per day", you do get an extra 28 (4x7) per WEEK (an extra 28 WPA)...since you eat til satisfied on SiFi those extra points aren't necessarily as important as they are on regular Momentum, but you can use them of course!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Hi, I was wondering how you track your food, when you are an experienced SiFi-er. I use the WW site and I find myself having a hard time a)not paying attention to the daily points that WW awards me for the foods I list. and b) a hard time figuring out my WPA since WW is giving me this other distracting info.

Inputting all my own stuff with just the WPAs would I guess be one option but it seems like a lot of work... :bcb_grin But maybe it would be worth it!

Thanks... and thanks for this thread.

:bcbkickbu Mini-Goal

59627.png

I do not use e-tools or any WW electronic thing. Some people use online tracking from other sites, and I'm sure they'll chime in here. I found that for me, the easiest thing was to make an Excel spreadsheet (or maybe it was in Word), anyway, it was a Table with boxes for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper, other and total points. In each box I wrote what I ate. If whatever the food was included something non Sifi that I had to count, I put the number of points in parenthesis. The last column over on the right is where I totaled all the points for the day.

This way, I could just print out a sheet and carry it with me if I was not going to be near my computer. I also had a history, so when I had a really good week, I could look back and see what I was eating.

Hope this helps.

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

I don't write what I eat. I have a sheet on the fridge with days of the week, and 8 water boxes each day, and a place to note exercise. i could add boxes for the HG's if I chose. I then have 35 boxes for the WPA's, and check them off as I use them. Some weeks I choose to note what i use them for, to see if it affects weight loss.

I track nothing but my APs and WPAs. That is pretty much ALL I have EVER done, even when losing (which was two months of the 4+ years I've been doing core/sifi, all the other time I've been maintaining)...this works for ME. I know other people need to do other things!

Online, if you switch it to SiFi, does it still show you the points? Personally, that would make me nuts. I know I eat a LOT more points than I'd get on "regular" momentum.....and SiFi (core) STILL works....Not thinking about points is key to my success with SiFi.

Lynn

Guest phillygal

it only shows the points for non sifi points... which actually leads me to wonder how we handle condiments that are not sifi but not counted towards APs on sifi... the tracker will add points for them!

I am going to the grocery store tonight... SO excited to do my first sifi shopping trip and start tomorrow!!!!!!

it only shows the points for non sifi points... which actually leads me to wonder how we handle condiments that are not sifi but not counted towards APs on sifi... the tracker will add points for them!
Will it? I haven't heard people complain about that at the Filling Foods board on the WW site. Though I HAVE heard them complain about it counting your first two tsp of healthy oil (which are no count)....most condiments would be 0 points

I am going to the grocery store tonight... SO excited to do my first sifi shopping trip and start tomorrow!!!!!!

YAY!!!! I'm excited for you!!! Keep asking questions as you have them!!!! Remember, it's progress not perfection, if you make any missteps just keep on going!

Lynn

Guest phillygal

oh good point about the oils... how do people handle that? I guess I can enter them as a quick food with 0 pts????

as for the condiments i was also thinking about the WW smoothies... they are a pt value of 1 but you get one per day under sifi. i stopped and got a few the other day to try out.

I don't think a lot of people HERE (or perhaps any) are tracking over at the ww site. I think you might want to ask these SiFi tracking questions over at the WW Filling Foods board because I certainly don't know the answers! Do what works for you though!!!

Lynn

I just tested out the tracker over at the WW site and indeed points WILL show up for all the things that aren't filling foods but ARE no count on SiFi!bcb_sad So you were right, Philly! Sadly, you were right! SO you'll just have to deal with that however it works for you. Just KNOW that you don't count points for those three additional categories already discussed in this thread!

Lynn

Guest phillygal

i think i'll just add them as 0 pts in the quick add... i feel like right now i need to keep tracking everything (although when i switched to simply filling it said something like only track the foods that are not included in sifi) so that i get used to it. if i dont track sifi foods i am afraid i will forget to track the others or lose track.

new question: we get 35 pts a week... do we HAVE to use them or are they just there in case? i know i used them most of the time with the other plan and probably will use most of them on weekends but i have a feeling i wont need them as much with this plan and will be full without them.

new question: we get 35 pts a week... do we HAVE to use them or are they just there in case? i know i used them most of the time with the other plan and probably will use most of them on weekends but i have a feeling i wont need them as much with this plan and will be full without them.

You don't HAVE to use them...you need to do what's right for you. They are part of the plan. People do different things. It's an individual decision! Many say they make it a lifestyle not a diet, but if you are happy eating ALL or almost all filling foods, fine.

Lynn

Guest phillygal

That's what I thought but I wanted to check. So i am half way through day one and i feel so much better about my food choices. my only concern is having time to pack lunches every night. I am going to try to make some meals that i can freeze and grab for lunch. Tonight I am making one of my mom's recipes but SiFi'ing it....

whole wheat macaroni

light kidney beans

97% lean ground beef

chili sauce

its SO good... i am not a HUGE fan of ww pasta but it will hopefully not taste too much different!

i am not a HUGE fan of ww pasta but it will hopefully not taste too much different!

Congrats on your first day! As for the ww pasta, try different brands. I have found that some are "heavier" than others. Believe it or not, the Wal-Mart ww pasta is quite light-tasting, compared to others I've had. Some of the "gourmet" ones are heavy like lead!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

I think many people eventually PREFER whole wheat, even if you aren't too thrilled at first. Also, having it with SAUCE really helps. My family doesn't seem to notice when there is sauce on it. Meanwhile, I really prefer whole wheat now. Even the Barilla Plus (not SiFi) seems like regular WHITE pasta to me these days!!!

There is also brown rice pasta, and kamut, rye and quinoa pastas that are SiFi. I believe those are all WAY more expensive.

And of course, just a reminder, only 100% whole wheat (brown rice, kamut, rye or quinoa) pastas are SiFi, BLENDS (that include regular flour etc.) are NOT!

Lynn

Guest phillygal

i saw a few that were "whole wheat pasta: enriched" i assumed they were not sifi... is that correct?

Enriched is not a problem, enriched just means they added vitamins or something. The key is "whole" as in it is ALL "whole wheat" or whole whatever it is (brown rice, kamut, rye, quinoa)....So as long as there is nothing other than whole wheat flour, let's say, it is FINE.

Lynn

Guest phillygal

so the only ingredient can be whole wheat flour (or whatever)??

if we can eat pasta with whole wheat flour why can't we use whole wheat flour as a filling food ingredient?

It's best not to ask why...because WW doesn't actually explain, but the plan WORKS.

First, they have to have fairly simple rules (that's my answer for general "why" questions). They can't have a billion different little rules...

With regard to pasta vs. whole wheat flour in general, we can only surmise and most believe it has to do with the fact that pasta has water in it, is very HEAVY and more filling than say, whole wheat bread, which is light and dry (compared to pasta) and therefore less filling.

Whole wheat pasta certainly has lower energy density (how many calories a food has per how much it weighs)than bread. Energy density is one of the things considered in determining which foods are filling. They weigh a LOT for the number of calories, so you are filled UP with fewer calories.

AND of course, whole wheat pasta is LIMITED to once a day...probably because it is a potential trigger food and/or has higher energy density than a lot of other filling foods. (again, ww doesn't really share the reasons)

Meanwhile, I prefer to just be happy that we can have whole wheat pasta, vs. wonder why we can't have other whole wheat flour things!!! PASTA is the "exception to the rule", in my mind...vs. the other way around!

So be happy!!! Whole wheat pasta IS a filling food!!!!

Oh, and I know, for ME, SiFi wouldn't WORK if whole wheat flour was a filling food!:bcb_wink3

Lynn

If I make a vegetable dip using fat free sour cream, and a packet of the dry ranch mix, would that be SiFi? I know the sour cream would be, but wasn't sure about the mix....

We are having some family over this weekend and I'm just trying to come up with some things that will be SiFi safe!

Guest phillygal

haha ok I am an overthinker... sorry!

If I make a vegetable dip using fat free sour cream, and a packet of the dry ranch mix, would that be SiFi? I know the sour cream would be, but wasn't sure about the mix....

We are having some family over this weekend and I'm just trying to come up with some things that will be SiFi safe!

That's my understanding!

Lynn

haha ok I am an overthinker... sorry!

No problem!

Lynn

Guest phillygal
That's my understanding!

OMG Best news ever! I love that dip! that is going to be a great snack to take to work!!!!!