Health Discovery Network
Ready2StepUp

Scared to weigh

Anyone ever scared to weigh themselves?? For about a week I have been on and off plan. Its like one day totally on next day not or all day on plan then night comes and soooooooooo off track. Finally two days ago today being the third it clicked to just stay OP. I am terrified to weigh myself scared of the damage I did. I dont want to know but I know I need to face it soon. How long should I wait to weigh?? bcb_sad

:bcb_march

Bite the bullet .... no pun intended and get on the scale. We all have been there and done that so the sooner you face the scale the sooner you can move past it and start to lose those pounds.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march move to the scale

:bcb_march

Boy that sounds familiar. Its like you did all that hard work, got to your goal and now your head tells you to take it easy, but you can't its still something I'm learning too. Same path. I do daily WI to try to keep myself in check. After 2-3 days the damage won't be too bad and hey you got yourself thats the important lesson:bcb_cool2

You made the right choice to get back OP. And staying on the program is really the only thing that matters. If you stay OP, then whatever you gained will be gone. Do you really need to see the number right now when you're feeling good about getting back on track? What purpose will it serve? As long as you stay OP, the gain becomes irrelevant because it will come off in time. If you're going to meetings, then just weigh in at meetings. Don't let the scale rule your life!

Kimberley

I know how you feel. I was scared to get on the scale recently but I've found that until I get on the scale, I'll keep eating & eating. Weighing myself regularly gives me that "control".

YOU CAN DO IT! Remember, just hop on the scale, look at the number & move forward. That's all you can do! :salut

weight.png

I struggle with this is regards to the "no weigh" pass at WW meetings. If you know you gain, should you get on the scale? Is it more comforting not to know the number? I finally decided to just face the music and weigh. Look at the number, get back OP and next week it will be lower. Lillie