Bridgethemom

SiFi Daily- Monday, Sept 21

Hey Buddies

Getting us going this morning.

My day in a nutshell (at this point anyway:bcb_wink3):

Last day of summer !!!

DS leaves for Spain for 2 years today !

Lots of schoolwork to cover !

I have to plan tomorrow night's CCD class.

It's my 3rd anniversary on WW today !!!

Laundry, vacuuming, meals to plan and prepare.

Taking the girls to gymnastics tonight.

I have to go hop on the bike-I want to go 10 miles before I get things moving around here.

I hope everyone had a good weekend- we went to 2 beaches yesterday, a state forest Saturday, and DH and I went to an Irish festival Sat. night. Everything was spontaneous, which made it even more fun !

Have a great day, Buddies

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Morning buddies!

Bridge - that's a tough day for you, DS leaving. My parents find it hard me being in Canada, although they support the decisions we make for our family. Have a box of tissues handy!

Congratulations on your 3rd year WW anniversary!

Lynn - hope you're feeling better.

I am off to work this morning, the thought of my skim latte gets me there!!

Have a great day, make it count!

Becky

Bridget what a tough day. My DD is 3 hours away in college and I miss her! But Spain wow. I am sure knowing he is happy helps, it helps me.

Becky, enjoy your latte!

Lynn, i hope you feel better.

Sailor, it sounded like you had a fun weekend!

We went to the Jersey shore this weekend and weather was beautiful. Then on the way home I dropped DH off at the Eagles game. (we won't talk about that disaster) His brother brought him halfway home and i met him for dinner. I also went to DS's soccer game. This is his last year as he is a senior. I have a lot of lasts this year and alot of firsts next year with him. Wed is my last back to school night ever! So strange.

I think salmon is on the menu for tonight. I found a recipe in Fitness magazine I have been wanting to try.

HAve a great one!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Hi everyone,

Bridge, sorry that DS's leaving day has finally come. As Sue said, if he is happy then that must make it a little easier. Sue, sounds like you had a nice weekend. Sorry about the Eagles. Becky, the latte sounds good!

Regular work day for me, but longer because I have a meeting in the evening that starts at 7. So I won't get home until around 9. We have leftover stuffed peppers for dinner, so the meal is ready whenever DBF wants it. I'll take mine with me.

I'll try to stop in during the day. Be well.

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Good Monday morning! I am still sick but I think I'm getting better. My throat isn't sore anymore but I feel like it's in my chest now. I am staying home sick today and will take it easy. I'm trying to find a sub for my WW meeting tonight.

I will NOT be able to stop myself from doing some cleaning today, just like I could NOT stop myself from cleaning and cooking yesterday!:bcb_blush

I have half a loaf of COW bread in the bread machine...yesterday I made oatmeal bars, brown rice with roasted tomatoes (in the pc), granola, and roasted two chickens.

Bridget, BIG DAY for you!!! Congrats on your WW anniversary. I've been around WW FOREVER so 3 years seems like nothin'!!! But good for you for your success the FIRST TIME with WW!:bcb_up

Sailorwoman, sounds like you had a very productive weekend!!

Sue, glad you had fun at the shore, sorry about the Eagles!

Becky, enjoy your latte AND the rest of your day:bcb_smile!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Sneaking in to say hi, since I'm back on plan. It's been a rough couple of months, personally and ww-wise. Two kids under two, DH lost his job (and no unemployment since he was self-employed), we're broke as broke can be, we've put our house on the market because we just can't afford it, and let's just say, it's not been pretty.

HOWEVER, I'm giving myself credit for jumping back in, since I can't keep beating myself up over not staying OP. Believe me, I've done tons of kicking and beating, and it's time to move forward.

Made a bunch of stuff over the weekend (hard-boiled eggs, brown rice, apple oat pudding, etc.), went grocery shopping, and am moving forward. Sipping on my ff latte right now and about to eat yogurt/banana/shredded wheat.

Nice weekend - watched lots of football, although my teams all lost. :( My mom and brother came to visit yesterday, and it was the first time my brother had met Beckett (my bro lives in San Fran). We had a nice time, and mom helped me clean out the kids' closets. WOW - I can actually see what they have now!

Throwing a roast in the crockpot at lunch and planning a walk with the kids after work. I'll throw Beckett in a sling, which is kind of like wearing a weighted walking vest! :bcb_grin

Missed you guys!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

Lynn-Hope you feel better-I never rest, either- no matter how I feel:bcb_blush

Amy- I'll keep you guys in my prayers. That's ALOT of life happening all at once. Take care of yourself, best as you can. Come here often and tell us how it's going. My DH lost his job this year as well, but was luckily hired within 7 weeks- hang in there !

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Amy, SO glad to hear from you!!! SO sorry to hear that DH lost his job and the related challenges! WOW, that is a LOT to deal with, especially with two little ones!!! I am very glad to hear you are back on track, I have been THINKING of you and wondering what was up. It is almost never good when we aren't hearing from one of our buddies. BUT you are back on track NOW and that's all that matters!!! SO stay with us!!!!!! We're here for you! Even if everything else in your life is going haywire you CAN control your eating, and that will be ONE LESS PROBLEM!!!!

:buddysmoo Take care of yourself and show us some pics of those cute little ones!!!!!

Lynn

Good morning, Buddies!

Got too much sun this weekend and I'm still exhausted - we were on the soccer fields for nearly all the daylight hours of the weekend. DD's new U13 team played very well for having just formed - came in second place in the tournament - and DD had fun. We saw some ugliness at a U14 game - the opposing team's coach did not like a call...he argued and got mouthy with the referee and was ejected from the field. Since there was only one coach for his team, the girls could not continue play and had to forfeit the match. Even worse, a parent on the opposing side got mouthy and a U14 parent on our side took the bait - IDIOTS! There was a bit of shouting and then it broke up. On the way out, the mouthy opposing parent shouted some choice words at our U14 coach. How embarassing for everyone involved! I love our new coaches and know that would never happen to our team - and our parents are also very laid back.

On the eating side, the planning worked out very well - thank goodness for the coolers we packed.

For those monitoring the PC thread on the Veggie board, I was so excited about DH picking up that deal Friday! I did the test run with water just to make sure everything worked, so tonight I'll be doing something yummy with my new Cuisinart Pressure Cooker - time to scour the Recipes for something good. This new model is so lightweight and easy to clean compared to my old model - I'll keep the old one though for chickens and other large batch items.

OK, that's all the excitement in MY life...we didn't go to the gym this morning because we were so tired from this weekend, but we will be back on it tomorrow!

Bridget - that's a lot of milestones/events for you! Congrats on both...especially in giving DS wings to fly...

Becky - :wave:

Sue - I think 3 hours away is a perfect distance - far away enough for independence but close enough to come home if needed!

Sailor, great planning! I love leftovers.

Lynn, I think someone would have to literally sit on you to keep you from being active!

Amy, GREAT TO SEE YOU...and so sorry to hear about the life challenges. We all know that taking good care of yourself will help you to be better equipped for whatever comes along. :buddysmoo

Are you doing Core Classic, or some other plan?

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Oh Amy I am so glad to see you but sorry that things have been tough. We miss getting updates on your adorable children!

I am recently back myself from slacking off and know how easily it happens.

Lynn, isn't it hard but us moms/woman to just take care of ourselves for a day!

Veronica you snuck in and posted while I did. Apparently at my DS's game (that he missed on Sat due to a college visit) there was a similar incident with a parent on opposing team telling his son to beat a kid up! What on earth is wrong with people! Such an example to set for kids!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Veronica, glad your weekend eating went well, sorry to hear that the grown ups had such behavior problems!!! You are making ME want ANOTHER PC!!! And I already have THREE!!!:bcb_worry Happy you like your new one. I wanted to mention that I have started using nothing but the SOFTEST spatulas/scrapers in my PCs since I've had such trouble with the nonstick coating wearing off. I'm not sure if they are rubber or silicon or what, but the real soft, bendy kind. Plastic ones seems to rub the coating off.

Lynn

Thanks, everyone. I know I *need* to be here, and here I am. One day at a time...

And you know you don't have to ask twice for pics of the kids! :D Here's a few *I've* taken (yes, I'm proud of my budding photog skills!):

3781325934_8dc7ff06de.jpg

3815297376_e58b0a04b8.jpg

3781328646_82b00e690d.jpg

3849475402_cc7f7b5088.jpg

3882405097_a79ae957c3.jpg

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

They are BEAUTIFUL!!! And yes, you are quite the photographer!

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

WOW!! BEAUTIFUL PICTURES and BEAUTIFUL KIDS!!!!!

Lynn

They are absolutely adorable and I am impressed. The pics I took of my kids were never that good

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Amy - sorry to hear about all that is going on for you right now.

Your photos are amazing - you have two gorgeous kids & you take brilliant shots.

Amy, your children are gorgeous and you are quite the photographer. I am sorry about your DH's job and will keep you all in my prayers.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%