Health Discovery Network
SueC

SiFI Wed Sept 23rd

Boy am I first! Where has Linda been? She sometimes posts before work.

So I did make it to spinning this am despite my cold. I am finding that the Neti pot is really helping with the congestion. I highly recommend it.

Not much on agenda today. I have some office work and I want to clean family room. I might watch Biggest Loser while I do that. I DVRed and want to watch it before someone tells me what happened. There is too much Tues night TV I like.

Tonight is DS's back to school. Last one ever for me, kind of nostalgic! So after he visited Temple U on Fri he loved it and all of a sudden is worried about his grades and GPA. For 3 years I have been bugging him to do better in school and now he cares. It might be too late now. If he doesn't get in he also like West Chester U. I am refraining from saying "I told you so" but it isn't easy!

DH is golfing today so I need something easy for dinner. Just me and DS. And being a teenager he just eats crap. I make dinner and he eats a little bit then is back for junk later.

Any ideas out there?

Have a great "hump" day!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Hey Buddies

Another busy day in the works today. Dentist appt. for me and 7y/o DS this morning. He loves the hygenist we have, so it's no struggle at all. The rest of the kids are scheduled in shifts next week. Fun, fun, fun. Luckily, the office is literally 5 minutes from our house, so it's no big deal. He and I might visit our friend in the nursing home afterward. She was initially supposed to go home Thursday, but she is progressing nicely, and they want to keep her 3 more weeks to see how much more she can accomplish to be on her own. I know she's probably a bit disappointed in one way.

Eating is going GREAT- I am coming up with more & more things to try all the time. I had an organic sprouted gran bread I made into French toast this morning, with a fruit salad. It was DELICIOUS !!! I do not know alot about these breads- no flour in them, I know. It's one point for one piece unless by some miracle it is SiFi. In any case, it was really good, so I am officially ENJOYING WHAT I EAT while... EATING WHAT IS GOOD FOR ME. Hurrah !!!!!!

I have contracted DS (17 y/o) to bake and decorate the big cake for the Confirmation reception next Wed. night. He is completely capable of rivaling any store bought confection in both taste and decoration, so I'd rather pay him to do it. We have to find a big pan (I may borrow one from camp), and a big tray to put it on. He designed the cake on paper last night, we have a few special things to get, but nothing hard-to-find.He is looking forward to doing it.

I have already biked 10.3 miles this morning (stationary-speaking:bcb_grin)

I'd better get the kids moving.

Sue- Have a good day- I hope you can come up with something good for your son-pasta always works around here in a pinch- quick, easy, and it can be healthy !!!

All my other Buddies

Have a good one !!!

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good Morning! Truckin' right into day 3. I'm starting to remember how effortless this can be with just a bit of planning.

I took the kids for an hour-long walk last night while DH mowed the lawn and then got on the elliptical. It felt good to get outside, but I HATE humidity, and boy, is it humid here right now! I was sweating buckets! I can't wait for the cool weather to arrive.

We have storytime at the library tonight, so DH is on dinner duty, so we can eat right when I get home and we can get to story time. He's making pan-fried perch with a cornmeal crust, and I'll make the sides of broccoli and rice (or potatoes).

Sue, DH eats like your son, and it drives me batty. He'll get up from the dinner table and grab a snack on his way to the family room. Currently, I tell him he can't do that, because of DD. But he sure whines about it!

Bridget, sending you 'no cavity' vibes! :)

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

Good Morning Buddies,

Let's all have a great OP Day!!! :salut

Bridget, can you tell me more about that bread that has no flour in it?? Judy

sw 169

cw 161.82

gw 158:jump_jack Judy

Good morning buddies! I'm back at work so I GUESS I won't be posting as much today:bcb_wink3:bcb_grin!

Sue, at least DS is thinking about grades NOW vs. the END of the year! Better late than never! But I also hear you....my DS who is a year older did fine in high school but not nearly what he COULD have done and it did make a difference when he was applying to colleges (Mostly he didn't even bother going after the really selective ones). Temple and West Chester are both great schools though! I know two young men who are at WC right now. DS's ex-girlfriend is at Temple. Having just been through the senior year, I know how nostalgic it all is!! My DS loves SiFi oven "fried" chicken, chili, pasta, lasagna...

Bridget, how cool that your son is going to make that cake!!! Your kids sound terrific!!! Glad your eating is going so well. That bread has been mentioned before and the consensus has always been that it isn't a filling food. Hope all goes well at the dentist today!

Okay, so I'm back at work, definitely on the mend. Last night I had one of those episodes of INTENSE pelvic pain. I may have mentioned this before. It is quite excruciating and wakes me up. I got up and took a shower (I actually didn't shower after biking last night:bcb_blush) and took a muscle relaxant along with tylenol and I think that all helped (particularly the heat of the shower and the muscle relaxant). I have had many tests done and there really isn't any good explanation other than the adenomyosis (endometriosis within the walls of my uterus). I am a little sleepy because I ended up staying up a while with that...I have a lot to do since this is my ONE day at work this week. I leave tomorrow for the TriState Seacoast bike ride in New Hampshire...SOOOO I guess I better get back to work!!!

Make it great buds!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Good Morning Buddies!

Awww, thanks for missing me Sue! :bcb_smile Between computer troubles and just tons of "stuff", I haven't had the time to post. I really haven't even read all the posts I've missed, maybe I can catch up later today.

I've been so busy lately with just "LIFE". Mostly good, some bad, and one terrible. An old family friend committed suicide last week and was found on Sunday. She has absolutely NO family, not a soul bcb_sad. The whole thing is a big mess, her next of kin is her late husbands brother. He met her on her wedding day 25 years ago and that was it! They haven't seen or spoken since. He now wants no part of this and it's falling mostly on my sister, but she/we can't do any of the "legal" stuff. This friend got an apartment and ALL NEW Furniture on Sept. 10, we thought she was finally getting it together, she was dead by the 16th. Her neighbor reported an odor and called the police. Nothing is salvagable, they had to wear respirators just to get her out. My sister took some of her paperwork and it stunk up her whole car. It's just so sad to think someone can be that unhappy.

On a happier note, we went to DH's aunts 96th birthday. Got to see lots of family, which is always nice. This aunt is 96, lives in a house by herself, and still drives! (:bcb_cry:), she totally independant!! I guess it strikes me because of the people at work, they're younger and totally dependant!

Well, I just got a call and I have to watch "Mikey" my 2 year old friend for a few hours (do things ever slow down!?). I'll be back later, I promise, to do personals. Have a great day buds! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi everyone,

Bridget, I was in Wal-Mart this weekend and sheet cake pans were on sale in the cake decorating department. I don't know if you have a need for (or expect DS to be making) more big cakes, but they were a good price. As I said, they were in the cake decorating area (near crafts) not with the regular kitchen pots and pans.

I have been having a hankering for corn pudding like my Nana used to make. Back then, she called it Scalloped Corn, and it was made like Scalloped Clams and Scalloped Oysters, with Cream of Mushroom soup and saltines. I found a recipe that does not use the soup or saltines, and is core, so I'm wanting to try it tonight if I get home early enough. On a related note, I saw an interesting corn pudding in acorn squash half (the squash half serves as a "bowl") at 101cookbooks dot com today. You may want to check it out if you like that sort of thing!!

DBF starts a class in cabinet-making tonight at the local Voke-Tech, so we need to eat a little early. (While he is at class, I may go looking at dresses for the wedding... :)) He is making a kitchen island for us. I got a fabulous antique butcher block 3' by 5' from a local inn that was upgrading its kitchen. So that will be the island top and DBF will make the base custom to fit what I want in it! The side facing the kitchen will have deeper drawers for pots and pans, etc. The side facing the table will have shallower drawers for linens, etc. It will be fun to watch it take shape!!

Have a great day, buddies!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Wow, a bunch of you snuck in while I was writing! Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your family friend's death. I feel for you. (((())))) As for your aunt, it is great that she is doing so well at 96. That is truly a gift!

Lynn, I'm sorry to hear about your night-time pain, but glad you finally got some sleep. I hope all of these hiccups are just that, and you are in perfect shape for the big day!!

Be well.

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Some people popped in while I was posting and afterward! Just a quick note here....but Linda I have to say I "post stalked" you because I was worried about you!!!! We hadn't heard from you for a while, but I could see that you were "here" though not posting!

Good morning to all my other buddies I'll stop back in later!!!!

Lynn

Good afternoon, Buddies!

Up early to excercise, then early to work as I had some specific materials to pull together in a hurry. I've been running crazy all day.

Still haven't had the chance to try out the new PC - when I returned home last night after hair appointment DH had already made pasta. DD could eat that every day! Hopefully tonight will be the night. It might be Pasta E Fagioli or a Pineapple Pork Chop recipe...

Sue, I also recommend the neti pot - since I started using it, congestion from colds and such rarely morphs into something worse.

Bridget - ha, I sure wish that sprouted bread were Core/SiFi! I'm already a fan of Ezekiel bread. Got my first and only cavities in college. The dentist tells me that the fillings need to be replaced - that's next week. They are nearly 25 years old so I guess I got my money's worth!

Amy, it's still hot here, although it has cooled down from the beastly July/August temps. DH's Ohio State tickets are for November - it might be too cold for me to go there in November!

Judy & Linda

:wave:

Lynn, I don't know the SiFi rules well enough to say...but Ezekiel Bread is sprouted, no flour..and was not Core. Take good care of yourself, Buddy...

Sailor, how nice to be handy (or have someone handy around!)...

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Just got invited to a black tie dinner next Friday night at the Waldorf in NY.

I have a dress, just need shoes....

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Just got invited to a black tie dinner next Friday night at the Waldorf in NY.

I have a dress, just need shoes....

Cool Bridget!!! How does that happen?? I never get invited to black tie dinners at the Waldorf!:bcb_wink3:bcb_bigsm You did this before right??? VERY cool! And you'll look FABULOUS!!!

Lynn

How exciting Bridget! I remember when you went before. We want pics from when you go

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Enjoy your planning and your night, Bridget!!

I'm going to be a couch potato tonight. I was going to go out and look at dresses for the wedding, but I hate to shop (shopping for clothes is the worst, as far as I am concerned!!) and have decided not to do that tonight. Dogs 101 on Animal Planet is going to cover Yorkshire Terriers, so the puppies and I are watching that together. Then maybe I'll watch Becoming Jane. There are a ton of movies I missed while I was taking care of my Mom, so I can almost always find an old movie I've never seen!!

See you later!!

Sailorwoman

Hey Buds!

I promised I'd be back, so here I am :bcb_bigsm. Things were a bit calmer today, thank goodness!

Sue~ Thanks again for missing me! It's great that DS likes Temple, it's not too far away. Good for him to make this a good year grade-wise, he will not be sorry.

Bridget~ Your black tie sounds fabulous! You will look great and DH will be proud to be your hubby :bcb_happy!

Amy~ Sorry to hear of your troubles. bcb_sad It will all turn out fine, you have a good husband, wonderful kids, a great attitude, and US! :bcb_wink3

Lynn~ Hope you are feeling better. I have yet to try your "ball thingy", but I plan to tonight. Should be interesting as I'm not the most balanced or graceful one in the bunch! :bcb_huh: And, I thought I felt someone over my shoulder when I was trying to check in here!!:bcb_grin

Sailor~ That kitchen project sounds great! I LOVE re-claimed wood! It just seems to have something extra :bcb_wink3.

V~ Hope things calmed down for you and you got to try out the new PC. Let us know what you made and how it was!

Good to be back, hope my computer stays up now, it's been so annoying. ( I didn't realize how much I'm on the darn thing! :bcb_blush). See ya all tomorrow! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130