Health Discovery Network
Sailorwoman

SF Daily - Friday - September 25th

Good Morning, SiFi World!!!!

I hope everyone is rested and ready to greet the new day. A long time ago I had one of those superinfections and almost bought the farm. My view ever since has been: if I wake up in the morning, the rest is gravy!!

So, here I am; giving a pep talk I need to hear as much as anyone!! Lots of stressors today, but I'm leaving the office early and I'm looking forward to the weekend.

I hope you can make it a good SiFi day!! Be well.

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Sailor what a good reminder for all of us! i too almost "bought the farm" 5 years ago and was very grateful but somehow you forget sometimes so great reminder!

I am off to work so quick hello!

Busy day, getting ready to visit my DD for a Penn State game tomorrow also. We are tailgating so lots to get ready. Keep your fingers crossed no rain!

TGIF!!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Hey Buddies

I am rested, rode 10.2 miles on the bike, took DDog for a walk and have a field trip planned for the kids today,it is such a beauty out there.

I'll pack a lunch, and we'll take ddog.

I have had some great meals so far this week-I sometimes get lax on the weekends, and lose ground. NOT THIS TIME !!!! I have lots of good things in the fridge-I will use them !!

DH has a benefactor Mass & Breakfast at his new job on Sunday- I'll be going, and meeting his new colleagues for the first time. Should be interesting.

Well, Buddies

I'm off to do a few chores before we get the day moving.

Have a great one, Buddies

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good Morning!

Looks like we all have lots to do! I have a few errands to run but I'm stuck home waiting for the "DSL" guy to come. Hope he comes early! Seems my whole family has the cold/flu/allergies/whatever that is going around. I'm making a BIG pot of chicken soup with TONS of veggies for dinner, maybe that will help. ( my secret magic ingredient for "sick-soup" is MISO.)

Sailor~ Hope you have a great weekend! :bcb_smile

Sue~ Better bring a pancho, it looks like there will be rain for the game bcb_sad. I'm sure you'll have a good time anyway. Go Penn State! :bcb_up

Bridget~ Have a blast on the field trip. DH will be so happy to show off his wife to his co-workers!

Better get things rolling. Have a great day buddies! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Good Morning, Buddies!

Both kiddos were up e-a-r-l-y this morning, so I am yawning as I type. Elise was running a slight fever, but hopefully, it's just teething-related. I have NO idea why Beckett was up - probably just because his sister was! :D

Check the recipe forum later. If I have time, I'm going to type up a few recipes from a cookbook a friend lent me. There's a few that sound really tasty!

I'm trying to create a few weekly menus around using leftovers in new recipes. DH HATES leftovers, but I hate cooking every night, so I have to disguise them carefully. Ideas?

Finally, for you PC-lovers, I am debating trying yet again (maybe the 3rd times a charm?), but I have a question. Can you basically turn any slow-cooker recipe into a PC recipe?

Make it a great one!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

Both kiddos were up e-a-r-l-y this morning, so I am yawning as I type. Elise was running a slight fever, but hopefully, it's just teething-related. I have NO idea why Beckett was up - probably just because his sister was! :D

Amy! so good to see u posting again. Um, we need some updated pics of the children please :)

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Good afternoon, Buddies!

Big soccer weekend ahead - DD plays up one year with the U14 girls. Only one game (no tournament) so food should not be an issue...although I will still bring plenty of healthy munchies.

Our family has been watching a lot of soccer during the last year and a half. We watch most of the USA games and I also have a favorite Italian team - Inter Milan (not to be confused with AC Milan). Their Brazilian goalkeeper, Julio Cesar is one of the best GK's in the world and he's easy on the eyes as well! Plus he's a family man! So here's some gratuitous beefcake:

Julio Cesar1

Julio Cesar2

(Didn't want to post huge pictures within the thread...)

Last night we ate leftovers. I'm also in the market for leftover ideas, Amy - I could eat them every day, but DD doesn't like the idea of them - at our house it's always better to do something different with them.

Lots of work this morning, but this afternoon is thankfully quiet. I may leave early!

Sailor and Sue - I haven't been that close myself, but I almost lost DMom when she was hit by a drunk driver...so I can relate. Each day is a gift!

Linda, I've never used miso! Are there different kinds?

Bridget, what is a benefactor Mass?

Sharyn - :wave:

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Linda, I've never used miso! Are there different kinds?

There are some different types. I got the "red" miso and love the flavor. It came in a 1 lbs bag, and after looking online I found it keeps for a year in the fridge, so I bought it. I add it to salad dressings, sauces, soups, almost anything. Here's a thread with the soup recipe and some other ideas-

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196377

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi, Sharyn! I'd post more pics, but I posted some Monday, and I don't want to use up my quota of photo-sharing in the first week back! :bcb_grin

Here's a link to pics of the kiddos!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=205226

How have you been????

Amy

OMG Amy your kids are absolutely precious. Your daughter was such a gorgeous newborn and she is STILL gorgeous. And your son...WHAT A DOLL. You and your hubby make GREAT LOOKING kids!!!

Keep the pics coming :)

I'm good, I've gained back about 20 lbs since I was at my lowest weight in 2007, which sorta ticks me off. Been lurking/posting on the veggie board but that isnt' working so well for me, so I'll prob. start back here again.

Good to see you!

**Sharyn**

Sharyn - :wave:

Hiya Veronica!!! Good to see you again too, neighbor :)

**Sharyn**

Oops, whong thread, but I still want to say:

Amy~Your kids are ADORABLE!!!

Veronica~I looked at your before and after pictures. WOW!!! You look fabulous, and look much younger too! Congratulations.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155