Health Discovery Network
KellBell

what to do with ff Fage Greek yogurt?

Hi Buddies! I have heard good things about the ff fage greek yogurt, so I bought 1 single serving size to try, it's plain and I don't think I want to eat it just like that....what do you all do to flavor up your greek yogurt?

Thanks!

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"

I love it with just a touch of sweetener (your choice) and some fresh berries and/or nut butter.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I use it to make Tzatziki (Greek food and beyond)...the family LOVES it...or sometimes I splurge and add a point's worth of honey - it's DIVINE!

I don't like regular yogurt, but I LOVE Greek yogurt.

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

I do like it plain, personally. But if I'm going to add anything it is a little honey or fresh fruit. You can also add a little preserves, counting points if necessary.

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Yes Pandorra if it is FF! I am still getting used to it but i have made Tatziki with it

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

For the other SiFi cheapskates, er, I mean budget-conscious shoppers, you can easily make your own greek-style yogurt.

Buy one of the large containers of nonfat plain yogurt. Line a small colander with a papertowel (or coffee filter) and place in a bowl. Dump yogurt in and cover (I use another paper towel). Place in fridge, dumping the liquid from the bowl every couple of hours. Voila - greek yogurt! The longer you drain, the thicker it gets. It also loses much of the tanginess, which is contained in the liquid you dump.

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

It also concentrates the calories so measure it after draining and refigure the calories.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Since I'm doing SiFi, I don't count points (and hence calories) for ff yogurt, but you certainly would want to count it the same as greek yogurt (if the points do indeed differ). Also, greek yogurt has less calcium than regular yogurt, FYI.

Amy

For the other SiFi cheapskates, er, I mean budget-conscious shoppers, you can easily make your own greek-style yogurt.

Buy one of the large containers of nonfat plain yogurt. Line a small colander with a papertowel (or coffee filter) and place in a bowl. Dump yogurt in and cover (I use another paper towel). Place in fridge, dumping the liquid from the bowl every couple of hours. Voila - greek yogurt! The longer you drain, the thicker it gets. It also loses much of the tanginess, which is contained in the liquid you dump.

Amy

Amy is quite right. I make my own and only buy it if it is really cheap. (I take it to work in recycled small tub margarine containers. One day a co-worker was horrified when she saw me snacking because she thought I was eating margarine!!)

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

I eat Chobani regular vanilla greek yogurt. I have gotten the plain and added a touch of vanilla to it. I make WW granola and throw some in there or fruit.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

I eat Chobani regular vanilla greek yogurt. I have gotten the plain and added a touch of vanilla to it. I make WW granola and throw some in there or fruit.

Hmm, trying to clarify for my own education -

Regular vanilla (or any flavor) Greek yogurt - not SiFi

Plain non-fat free yogurt (Greek or non-greek) - not SiFi

Plain FAT FREE yogurt - SiFi

What is WW granola? I didn't think any kind of granola is SiFi..?? Or am I missing something because I'm thinking "Core"?

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Hmm, trying to clarify for my own education -

Plain non-fat free yogurt (Greek or non-greek) - not SiFi

Sorry now i am confused. Isn't non-fat plain and fat free plain the same??

Originally Posted by AChiO4444 viewpost.gif

Amy

I also do this but have recently found that the Greek yogurt is becoming more mainstream and hence cheaper. The last few weeks at my grocery store it has been on sale (with a coupon) cheaper than regular FF

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

What is WW granola? I didn't think any kind of granola is SiFi..?? Or am I missing something because I'm thinking "Core"?

There are some recipes for core or almost core (depending on what you put in them) granolas. Mostly they are oats w/Da Vinci syrups. If you Google "granola" and "bootcamp" you will see 3 recipes. (I don't really like them, but maybe you will - a lot of people seem to like them. I haven't tried them on yogurt, though!)

Sailorwoman

Sue,

I think she meant: Plain non-fat free yogurt (Greek or non-greek) - not SiFi

That non-fat free equals with fat, aka a double negative. If not, then I am confused as well! :bcb_huh:

Amy

I was confused too! non-fat free = yogurt with fat....:salut

And I think purpleangel meant core/SiFi granola....

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Sorry...typing too fast!!!

Originally Posted by purpleangel viewpost.gif

Exactly what I meant, Amy!

Angel wrote that she eats Chobani "regular vanilla Greek yogurt", which I took as not SiFi. She mentioned getting "plain" and adding a touch of vanilla, and I didn't think that was SiFi either.

It has to be plain AND non-fat to be SiFi, correct?

...I meant to write

Plain, not fat free/WITH FAT yogurt (Greek or non-greek) - not SiFi

Sorry for the confusion!

...and Lynn answered the granola question...thank you all!

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Yep, only plain, fat free yogurt is a Filling Food....and I've never had Greek yogurt....too cheap...:bcb_wink3

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.