Health Discovery Network
Chihuahua-lily

Herbalife.... Good or not?

well, I've always wondered if I should have a vitamin or not. Some people ( even doctos), say that it is not necessary if you eat healthy while others believe is really important.

I have a friend how sells this "herbalife" products which she says are sooooo good. ( I don't know if she's just trying to sell them!).

My question is: have you heard of this products?

Are they good??

Do you recommend them?

Here is the link: http://www.herbalife.com/US/en/pdf/catalog/L3107-45-06_VP2-dutch.pdf

Any answers are aprecciatied..

Lily:bcb_march

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

I have honestly never heard of them, but I do take vitamins.

Krystle :salut

Birthday Goal (2-08-10): 285

1/02/10-291.6

Highest Weight: 363(2001)

297/291.6/135

Guest 2 kute

I could be wrong, but I think that is an Amway product. I've never taken them but have heard that it is a good product. If you are going to start vitamins, there are a lot of good ones out there, so I would do some research on which vitamin would best meet your needs.

I used Herbalife products about 10 years ago. I had a 3 week supply, and used the product according to the instructions. I lost about 10 pounds, if I remember correctly, and was thrilled at the beginning. The mixes tasted horrible, but I was seeing results, so I kept at it. When the supply ran out, and I decided to order more, I had to go a few days without any. I was unable to sleep, heart was racing, I was anxious and felt horrible. I promised myself I would NEVER again take any kind of weight reducing "quick fix" drugs of any sort. It was VERY scary. I called my friend late one night during that "withdrawal" time and told her to STOP using the stuff. I had 4 kids at the time, and was so afraid I had done irreparable damage to my heart or something. I saw a doctor a few weeks later just to check and be sure I was ok. Thankfully, I had done nothing, but I did learn a lesson.

WW is the ONLY way for me!

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Bridget - wow! I didn't know that! To be honest a friend of mine ( another one), offered me reacently some pills to lose weight. As you know I have only few pounds to lose, and I hadn't been able to get rid of them in sooo long so, I said: " ok! I'll try them! " I did lose some weight but now I feel terrible ( just as you did I guess), I AM hungry and feel so tired all the time. I swear: "I will never take any kind of pills" ( no matter how natural they might be). You are right Bridget, WW is the only natural way to lose weight!

BTW, did you tried the shake?

I just KNOW what I have to do I have to get back on track, you know, journaling, excersise and the 8 GHG!!

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

A girl I work with was doing Herbalife with the shake and pills. She didn't really lose all that much and she quit doing it. She had to drive about 80 miles to meet with the Rep. and check in with her every so often. She complained a lot about feeling sick and an upset stomach.

Real food, which is what Weight Watchers prescribes is the only way to lose weight.

I invited her to come to a WW.meeting, but she didn't come and doesn't think she can "give up" sweets to do WW.

She would not, of course, have to give them up, but she is addicted to them and that won't work for weight loss in any plan.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

I'd check out www.vitamins.com because Puritan's Pride puts their vitamins through a lot of testing to make sure their products meet a specific absorption level. They also have a lot of sales like buy 1 get 1, buy 2 get 3 on same items. I've saved a lot when buying from them.

SW 4/18/09 -- 243 :bcb_yuck:

CW 5/9/09-- 236 :work_out:

CW- Once again I 100% agree with you. I also think I can do WW for a lifetime ( unless I get alzheimer and stop counting points!), I just have to have discipline on my eating habits, planning ahead, listening to my body's signals you know...eating healthy and for fuel proposes only (not boredom! Or as a hobbie!).

Thanks again CW! And everybuddy else! :-)

Have a nice day!:bcb_up

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Just to add....I do not take ANY Herbalife products, but my weight loss has been supported by attending a 'weight loss challenge' that they run (you don't have to use the stuff to be a part of the challenge). I have followed WW SiFi for the last year, and had group WI's with them for $30 for 12 weeks. I have also won $$$'s for being the 3rd top loser - the 1st challenge was won by 3 people who didn't use their products!

They do sell products for weightloss, AND multi vitamins etc. However, I think someone trying to lose weight would be easily pushed towards the weightloss products which may not be what they are looking for.

When the Herbalife vitamins are discussed they talk about vitamins being water soluble (should be), and that any 1 a day types don't have good absorption. They try & sell theirs as being more readily soluble in the body & therefore you get more benefits. Don't know what research there is behind this.