Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kelly86

Leg weights thoughts...???

Guest Kelly86

I was wondering what you all think about wearing leg weights? Sometimes when I go to a run I wear them or when I do an exercise tape/routine I throw them on just to give a little something more. buttt...what do you all think about wearing leg weights during the day while you go around doing your daily work? For example I am a preschool teacher what if I wear 5lb leg weights or even 2.5lb weights on each leg during some days at work?? Would that help with any type of calorie burn or results in changing my body? Obviously this is not all I would do I still would keep OP and do my daily exercise program but would they give a little more calorie burn or anything to my program?? Thanks ahead!! :)

Hi,

I probably wouldn't wear them too much. When they'd be on I would want to be controlled and careful about the movements I made, and would be worried otherwise about straining a muscle by doing something my body isn't as used to doing.

Woodland

SW: 197 / CW: 141 / GW 135

:bcb_march One Day at a Time !!

I'd only use them when doing a video. Wearing them constantly can throw off your walking pattern and eventually cause back problems.

SW 4/18/09 -- 243 :bcb_yuck:

CW 5/9/09-- 236 :work_out: