Health Discovery Network
lookin2lose70

activity point question

I was wondering what the max is for activity points you should eat during the day? I've started going to the gym recently and am averaging about 10 activity points earned the days I go and I'm thinking that I shouldn't be eating all those. Any suggestions?

SW 4/18/09 -- 243 :bcb_yuck:

CW 5/9/09-- 236 :work_out:

Guest Kelly86

WOW! 10pts?? I have talked to many ppl who say they earn so much while going to the gym or doing videos or routines and I never come close to that many in one day. I must be not measuring my activity correctly :/ ....My exercise videos I do for example slim in 6, 30 day shred, billy blanks bootcamp, or the firm I average at 1pt per and when I go the gym I estimate that to be 1-2 pts.

Slim in 6 express workout 25 minutes long one 45-50min

30 day shred is a 20 minute workout

billy blanks is 50-55 minutes

the firm express is a 25 min workout or the longer one of 45-50 minute

when I go to the gym I go for either a 30 minute circuit which I count 1 pt or an hour to an hour and a half which I count as 2pts...

Hi, How are you figuring the activity points? 10 seems high to me as well. I usually figure 3-4 per my gym workouts.

This is a good topic for review !

Woodland

SW: 197 / CW: 141 / GW 135

:bcb_march One Day at a Time !!

When I go to the gym I'm doing:

30 minutes various weight machines (light intensity) 2 APs

30 minutes eliptical machine on the fat burn setting (high intensity) 6 APs

30 minutes treadmill forrest trail setting, 4.5 mph max (moderate intensity) 3 APs

15 minutes walking the track (light intensity) 1 AP

The weight machines I am doing M-W-F. I do the eliptical, treadmill, and track M-F. I take Saturday and Sunday off. I pulled my AP calculations off my WW calculator based on my weight of 246.

SW 4/18/09 -- 243 :bcb_yuck:

CW 5/9/09-- 236 :work_out:

Guest TryingWW

It seem to me that you might be over calculating your points. For example, it is usually only 1 point for each mile (treadmill). Running a mile is about 85 calories which would be a bit less than 1 point. The fat burn setting means on the elliptical really is misleading.

To answer the original question, no there is no max to how many APs you can earn, or eat, each day.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

APs are meant to be eaten, but you should be careful with them. I think you might be overestimating your APs earned. Whatever the case, try eating a portion of your APs, and see how you react. If you eat half of them and you're still losing, then keep it up.

I had quite a plateau earlier in the year, and I decided that I had been overestimating my intensity level and giving myself too many APs. After I reevaluated, I started losing again, and I eat almost all of my APs.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Remember that AP's are weight dependent. The more you weigh, the more AP's you accumulate.

That being said:

Use your slider and be honest. I think that you are being very honest. At your weight, it is very easy to earn 10 AP's doing what you are doing.

If you are just starting to workout, things will be harder than they will be once you have been doing them for awhile. That is why for some people a weight training session will earn them 3 AP and for others it will earn them 5 or 6. Weight training difficulty is based on the amount of weight that you are using, how many reps you are doing, how many sets you are doing and how long you are resting in between.

I have found, for me, that if I eat about half my AP's it works out well.

Good luck and WTG on the exercise!

xoxoxoxox

Sal:salut :bcb_up

~~IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN~~

WE HAVE MORE POWER WITHIN US, THAN ANYONE ON THIS EARTH HAS OVER US!

Highest weight:202(1993)

Start weight #1:193.4(1996)

Start weight #2:169.6(2/00)

Goal:1/18/03(136 lbs)

Lifetime:3/1/03

CW:162.6

PG:128

That elliptical seems really high to me. The cross trainer one which every ones seems to pick is not correct.

I would use the test to tell your activity level and then use the Activity Calcuator to determine. The ones listed a lot of them seem to not be correct.

The best way to cal AP's is to get a Heart rate Monitor with a strap. It will be really accurate.

100 Kcal = 1 AP