Health Discovery Network
BSAChris

Anyone using Wii Fit?

Is anyone here using a Wii video game machine (if that's what they call it!) and the "Fit" or "Fit Plus" modules in their exercise routine? I am getting a treadmill to run on, but I need something else FUN to do at home too. I have a Wii, still in the box, haven't got the Fit or Fit Plus to go with it but it intrigues me. I'm interested in all observations and input!

Thanks!

Chris

HiWgt(5/11/05) 235

1st WWStartWgt(3/27/06) 204.4

New WWStartWgt (10/9/09) 180.4, WW Goal 146

weight.png

I think it's tons of fun, The work out on the fit its ok. I don't have the Fit plus yet, I'm sure I'll get it. I have EA Active for the wii and it's a great work out.

I would count wii fit as low intensity and ea active as medium.

Kristi- #4 Duchess Flies Like an Eagle

Proverbs 31:25

weight.png

Hi, I just ordered the Wii fit and the fit + game, so I'll come back and post how it is! I did try it and thought it was cool. I can imagine after sustained time you would definitely get some light workout. I have EA Sports active as well and think this is a pretty good workout game. It's only 20m and it's sort of fun and it def gets you sweating. Plus no fit board required.

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

I've been wondering how good it is. I just got married October 11 and me and my wife decided on buying a wii with some of the money we got as gifts. Wii fit is my next toy, but just wanted to hear some feedback about it for I buy it. I do like the fact that you actually have to get off the couch to play some of the games, I was boxing and actually wore myself out.

SW 2/24/08: 335 lbs

WW weigh in 02/17/09: 288 lbs

*6/4/09: 284.8 lbs

*9/7/10 333.4 (RESTARTING)

*12/7/10 347.6 (Restarting again)

weight.png

I have the wii fit and another one thats The biggest loser...with Jillian...

both are great.

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

So I just got my wii fit and it is way too much fun! I was laughing the entire time during some of the activities. The animation is really cute also. If you are thinking of getting it, I suggest getting the wii fit + game because it allows you to chain together the activities without pause so it is more like a "workout". Plus it's got some cool activites in there as well. I really can't wait to play again.

The activities are pretty low intensity. A total of 30+ mins yesterday and I was barely sweating. The good thing is it will tell you how much time you spent being active and also how many calories you burn. I don't count APs for it because I don't feel it is a rigorous workout. I just like having the option of moving around without feeling like working out.

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

I have been using the Wii and Wii Fit since I started WW in January. My DH and I love them and use them daily. We also use regularly the Wii Active. We got the Wii Fit upgrade and really find the new games fun. I have the Wii My Fitness Coach but we don't use it very much. I love the Wii Active because it is so customizable. Exercising with the Wii at home is my main form of workout and I have been very successful with it.

Fran

Denial does not change Reality!

weight.png

Angelfit~do you have the balance board? If so get the Wii fit upgrade (20 bucks) it has a bunch of fun new games. I love it.

Fran

weight.png

I love the wii exercises and have all of them. Like to chnage off so Im not doing the same.

My fav are EA Active and The Biggest Loser.

Wendy~Tell me about the Biggest Loser WO game. I have bad knees and have to limit lunges and side lunges. Can exercises be skipped?

Fran

weight.png

http://www.biggestloserthegame.com/videos.html

They can not be skipped. But if you choose to do it with out the wii board it doesn't have a clue. You could do something else in between.

I dont have a clue as to your limits. There is lunges. But there is also Planks which you use your knees for. So it might not be a good choice for you.

Im wondering have you tried EA Active? It does a lot of lunges but you can set up a work out routine and leave those out and any thing you can't do.

Set up your own personal work out. I love EA for this alone.

Wendy~My limitations with my knees are fairly significant. I could probably do planks since what I really need to avoid is hinge-ing and putting stress on them like in lunges. I do have EA active and like it alot. In fact I think it is what started my knee acting up in the first place because I was doing all the workouts. Since Dr. told me to stop the lunges and hinge-ing I began building custom workouts which are very good. My only complaint is that I have issues with the game not always recognizing the right moves in the upper body workouts. I'm hoping that I will be able to rent Biggest Loser and see how it is.

Fran

weight.png