Health Discovery Network
Guest phillygal

Cocoa

Guest phillygal

I have been trying to find ff sf cocoa so that I can use it as a filling food. Where do you get this? I saw the Hershey's Cocoa (unsweetened) and it has .5 g fat in it. What brands do you get or where do you get it????

That cocoa is the premixed stuff that comes in envelopes (like Swiss Miss brand, etc.)

FYI, I bumped up my cocoa mix recipe that we use in our house. You might want to try that. You can see it here:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173779

It is less than half a point per serving, so you don't have to count it. Plus, if you want to make it sweeter/richer, you can put a little SF DaVinci French Vanilla syrup in there. Mmmmm.. :)

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Guest phillygal

so you use hot chocolate to make hot chocolate?

Oh, sorry, I thought you were looking for a cocoa mix.

Unsweetened cocoa (like Hershey's, but not cocoa mix) is SiFi. In my book, it has a check mark next to it (of course, this is a 2008 book when it still was Core, but as far as I know, that did not change).

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Guest phillygal

Thanks... that's what I was wondering. It is a 0 pt food but not showing up as filling so I was not sure if I used it in a recipe if I had to count points.

I will definitely be making that recipe. Do you think I could substitute splenda for the fructose?

Oh sure, I think people substitute splenda in that recipe. I just don't happen to like splenda!!

Sailorwoman

Guest phillygal

yay! now i just have to get back to the store haha

Not all filling foods are fat free and not all fat free foods are filling foods. Unsweetened (i.e., plain) cocoa powder is a filling food.

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Hi Sailorwoman,

Made your cocoa last night and I like it and it's so much more economical than buying the sfff mix I've been using. Thanks for sharing!

Guest phillygal

oh i know, i just thought on the other thread it said it had to be sf and ff! so i didnt buy it because i didnt want it to not be filling :-) just trying to be cautious here!

That refers to the prepackaged hot cocoa, not the cocoa powder. But I think you already got that right?

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Guest phillygal

see that is where i was mixed up! Ok it makes sense now!