Health Discovery Network
ministerswife

This recipe would be SF right?

Freezer bag Ice Cream

1 cup FF milk regular, chocolate, or whatever flavor you like.

2 TBS sugar. I used splenda in mine but did the kids with sugar

2 cups ice

3 TBS regular salt

Place milk and sugar in a quart or sandwich size storage bag, get out as much air as possible and seal it.

place this bag inside a gallon size storage bag and put the ice along with the salt around it. I doubled the large bags because they will leak from all the shaking. Seal the large bag and shake baby shake for 4-6 minutes. It freezes and taste yummy!

SW-230/CW-160/GW-150/PGW-140

If the ingredients are SiFi, the recipe is SiFi. So, it all depends on what is in the "flavored" milk. If there is chocolate flavored ff milk that is SiFi, you are all set. Otherwise, you have to count points for the flavored milk. Most chocolate milk that you buy already mixed has sugar in it, I think and would NOT be SiFi. Using Splenda instead of sugar works to make it SiFi with regular milk.

You could try adding 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract for a little more oooomph. Or peppermint extract, but you'd probably need even less!

You might be able to add some crushed plain frozen strawberries (without syrup).

I think this has lots of possibilities!! And you get a dairy in!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Not sure what you mean by flavored milk. Chocolate milk isn't a filling food. Even flavored soy milk isn't a filling food. If you flavor it yourself with something that is 0 points you are fine. Because even the sf coffee flavorings aren't filling foods, but usually 0 points per serving.

We have many terrific "ice cream" recipes here that we make in a food processor. Basically they are frozen fruit, sweetener, and a little ff milk or ff plain yogurt. You can also add cocoa powder. Makes a terrific ice cream that is like soft serve!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

To be honest I just copied and pasted the recipe from where I had posted it on facebook. I would make it with ff milk and splenda. That is all, so that would be simply filling right?

Thanks,

Dawn

SW-230/CW-160/GW-150/PGW-140

Yes it is SiFi

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)