Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest itstime1016

Red Velvet Cupcakes?

Guest itstime1016

Hi all! Has anyone tried this recipe for Red Velvet cupcakes from the WW website? I would love to make these for a holiday party I am having, but I want to make sure they are good before I make them!

2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour

1 tsp table salt

1 tsp baking soda

2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa

1 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk

1 tsp white vinegar

2 tsp vanilla extract, divided

3/4 cup(s) sugar, granulated

1/4 cup(s) light butter, softened

2 large egg(s)

1 cup(s) powdered sugar

2 Tbsp Neufchatel cheese, softened

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare 16 muffin tins with paper muffin liners.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa; set aside.

In another large bowl, mix together buttermilk, vinegar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract; set aside.

With an electric mixer on high speed, cream granulated sugar with butter until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed and add eggs, one at a time, until well-incorporated.

Add about 1/3 each of flour and buttermilk mixtures to sugar mixture; beat until just combined. Repeat until all of flour and buttermilk mixtures are incorporated; add 1 1/2 ounces of red food coloring and mix well with mixer (do not over beat batter).

Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full with batter.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out dry, about 25 minutes; cool for 5 minutes in pan and then cool completely on a wire rack.

Meanwhile, to make icing, combine powdered sugar, cheese and remaining teaspoon of vanilla in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well-combined and creamy. For a looser icing, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of warm water. Ice cooled cupcakes. Yields 1 iced cupcake per serving.

Guest beautyqueen5585

I made the hungry girl Red Velvet cupcakes and they were awesome :) Just go to hungry girl.com and search for them.

Guest phillygal

omg i have been craving red velvet. i didn't even think to look at my HG books... yay! i am so excited to make these now!

What is the points value for theses cup cakes?

Keep up the good work!

" Fat your out of here"

Have a great day!!!

۩۝☺♫░ﮝﭲ☻▲▼╫≈₪₪

Kim

5'8

SW: 204--Sep 1, 2004

CW: 175.5

GW: 150

۩۝☺♫░ﮝﭲ☻▲▼╫≈₪₪

Guest phillygal

the hungry girl ones are 3 pts with icing and very good... i made them a few weeks ago!