Health Discovery Network
ctbeagles

Hungry Girl

I just learned about the Hungry Girl website and recipes. I felt a tad overwhelmed looking through a few of them but the ideas she has seem awesome. My question is, does anyone have one that they've tried that have relatively FEW ingredients and has passed your taste test? I'd love to try something of HG's out but don't know where to start.

~Shannon~267.4/267.4/177~Re-started WW 12/2/2009~

**************Working on 5%!!!**************

weight.png

This sauce is fantastic!! I served it over whole wheat spaghetti and sliced grilled ckicken, yummy!

Alfredo Sauce

1 cup 1% milk

1 Tbsp light butter

6 wedges Laughing Cow Lite cheese

1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Add all ingredients in pan. Bring to a boil, whisking to keep the sauce from scorching. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes, whisking occasionally, until thickened.

Serves 4

1/4c = 2.5 points

*The trick to this sauce is that it must be brought to a boil, the ingredients must be fully incorporated, and then it must simmer to end up with a thick, rich, tasty alfredo sauce that contains no cream, very little fat, and is positively decadent.

Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!

Due February 2012

Thank you so much Becca! I love Laughing Cow lite cheese so am going to be making this over the next couple days for sure.

Congratulations on baby #2! DS turned 7 on 10/19, close birthdays!

~Shannon~267.4/267.4/177~Re-started WW 12/2/2009~

**************Working on 5%!!!**************

weight.png

Thanks! I love Halloween! I bought some Halloween cupcake molds from Target so the kids can decorate their own cupcakes. And we can have a Halloween parade through our backyard all dressed up in costumes. LOL, I'm already thinking about her birthday party! :)

Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!

Due February 2012

Guest jill-leigh

I love her egg mug recipes, and she has a recipe for a brownie-cupcake type of thing with made with fiber1 cereal and cherry pie filling and no-pudge brownie mix but I can't find the recipe :bcb_down

The only thing I totally disagree with her on is the Tofu Shirataki noodles. I tried them once and they literally made me sick to my stomach. They tasted like rubbery playdough strips. Gross.

Guest ShrinkingKaren
The only thing I totally disagree with her on is the Tofu Shirataki noodles. I tried them once and they literally made me sick to my stomach. They tasted like rubbery playdough strips. Gross.

AGREED! I've even gone back and tried them again to be sure... but I am 100% positive they make me :bcb_sick:

Hello you must try :)

Traditional Indian style fish

Filed in Main Dishes

Serves 6 people

Other 65 recipes by tasnim »

Goes well with both plain rice and chapatti

Ingredients

• 1/2 kg fish pieces
  • 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
  • 2 tbsp coriander powder
  • 1 tbsp red chilli powder
  • 1 tbsp cumin powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsp poppyseed (khuskhus) ground to paste
  • 3 tbsp coconut milk powder (dissolve in a little water )
  • salt according to taste
  • 2-3 currypatta leaves
  • 4 greenchillies
  • 2 tomatoes 1 medium onion
  • cilantro for garnishing
  • oil for cooking
  • methi dana few

Directions

1. Wash the fish pieces and keep them aside .
  2. Heat oil and add methi dana .
  3. Now fry chopped onions till golden brown and add ginger garlic paste , coriander powder , red chili powder ,cumin powder ,poppyseed paste , coconut milk , salt , curry patta . Cook till the colour changes .
  4. Now add the chopped tomatoes and add a little water , cook again till the water dries up completely and the curry thickens .
  5. Now add the fish pieces and do not pour any water till the fish is properly cooked on high heat .If necessary shake the pan but do not use the spoon it will break the fish pieces .
  6. When the water dries up add some water accordingly and let it cook on low heat tilkl the oil is separated .
  7. Garnish with cilantro

I hope you like it thanks for post