Health Discovery Network
Abbi

I need ideas for Christmas

We always have a big get together for Christmas, with, of course, all of my very favorite foods. This year, I'm planning ahead. I do a large part of the cooking anyway, so I'll be modifying recipes as I go to make everything just a little more points-friendly. But the biggest part of my PLAN for that day is to make a really really yummy, large (family style) salad, and make that the bulk of my eating, but still allow myself a taste of the other things (counting those tastes, too, of course). So--I need help with a big, spectacular, family style, low low point, salad...I know you all are awesome at this, help me out :)

Abbi<br />SW 179, CW 125, GW 125<br />At (or close to) goal since 5/03

For a big salad I do a couple bags of Romaine lettuce, cucumber, sliced onion, cherry or grape tomatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms. Next to the salad in small bowls I put out some diced hard boiled egg, shredded cheese, croutons, and dried cranberries so people can dress up their salad as they like. I count 2 cups of salad as 0 points and then measure out the additional ingredients.

Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!

Due February 2012

Guest TryingWW

Add some "splurge" ingredient to the salad. By splurge, I mean more of a cost splurge than a calorie splurge. Maybe steamed, spiced shrimp or fresh raspberries. Both of these are very point friendly and make it more special. I usually bring a shrimp cocktail, Endive stuffed with goat cheese or crab soup. Something that you wouldn't be eating a regular meal.