Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
gingit

question about joining ww/changes

I'm an old corebie who needs to go back on core. I have less than 10 pounds to lose, but have strayed from some of my healthy habits and have lost a lot of my discipline.

I'd like to consider joining ww, and going to meetings, to get some IRL support. But from the changes, I'm wondering if I can go straight on to Core/Simply Filling if I'm following their program.

Either way, I'm back. I chose to start today - sort of crazy because we have a x-mas party to go to - but I volunteered to bring raw veggies and home made white bean dip.

So, Hi! Nice to see so many familiar names/avatars. It shows that core is something people can really stick to.

Amy

SW 153

GW 145

New people don't learn about Simply Filling until they get the Week 6 booklet, but if you have done Core, talk to the leader and she will probably give you that booklet and go over it so you can go back on that. WW likes for people to count points for 5 weeks because they get a better handle on portion size but I would think you already have that down.

Free registration starts January 4 but the best deal is Monthly Pass because you get meetings and etools for $40 a month.

Let us know how you are doing!

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Welcome back Amy! The "new" Simply Filling Technique (new for 2009) is really just the old core plan (with miniscule changes that are explained in a sticky at the top of the forum).

As Susan said, the SFT is introduced in week 6, but leaders are supposed to advance you week 6 if you did core before. Sometimes they don't though. Regardless you KNOW the plan so just start doing it, if that's what is best for you!

Again, welcome back! There is no time like the present!!! There will always be parties and other challenges so today is always a fine day to start!:bcb_wink3

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.