Health Discovery Network
Bridgethemom

SiFi Monday, December 28

Hey Buds

Up & moving- 45 minute elliptical workout for me this morning (it was great) and DH is actually exercising right now. He's been in such a slump for quite a while-time to snap out of it ! I've got to get his breakfast ready but I'll be back.

Have a good one

By the way-the hives on DD lasted 48 hours ! Finally cleared up last night. weird...

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Hey There Buddies!

Quick HELLO :wave:, I have so much to do!! Getting ready for "Christmas II" with my sisters and their families :bcb_happy. Yesterday was just beautiful, I got a nice long walk in with my BFF! It was so good to get some fresh air and even some sun, made me happy the rest of the day! :bcb_up

So, I have one more "holiday" to get through :bcb_worry. I have lots of SF foods on hand and hope to be too busy to eat the junk. I did well for Christmas, I can do it again!! I'm actually looking forward to when things calm down. I've printed out some new recipes and will start trying them next week. Lots of soups and stews, Mmmmmm!

Bridget~ I always love the wave of "super-commitment" I get after the craziness is over. Good way to start the new year!! :bcb_bigsm

Hope you all have a good day.

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

I would like to jump in on the daily - if it's okay ;)

I have done core off and on for a few years. I started again this past May and lost about 20 lbs. I have gained back a few and started core again this past Saturday. I went to the grocery store on Saturday so I am stocked up with some great healthy food and I am off work this week so lots of soup, stews and chili are planned. Plan for today is to clean up and organize my little area in the basement for exercise - I mostly do WATP videos but also have a treadmill.

Bridget - Great job getting your workout in already - my is planned for later.

Linda - Sounds like you have a great plan for your holiday!

Have a great day everyone!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Welcome back Karen!!!! Good to have you back and EVERYBUDDY is welcome on the daily and any other thread! The more the merrier!!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing great!

I am enjoying some quiet time here. The big boys aren't up apparently. DS1 turned 24 yesterday and DS2 is 19 in a few days....I think they were up late last night playing video games together. They haven't seen each other much lately as DS1 was in MS all year with Americorps and DS2 has just finished his first semester at Pitt. They get along really well despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that they are 5 years (and 6 days) apart in age.

We didn't do much to celebrate DS's birthday yesterday...we plan on doing something together on Wed. Perhaps going to the Academy of Natural Science in Philadelphia. When they were little we had memberships at place like that and went frequently.

I spent 2:15 Expresso Fitness biking so far today and haven't done much else. I got a GPS for my bike for Christmas but we're having trouble installing it due to the shape of one part of my bike. I'm going to call Performance Bike to see if they can help. The bike and the GPS were purchased there so I'd imagine they will figure it out and even do it for me but I'll have to go there and it's over an hour away.

I'm off all week:bcb_bigsm!!!!! Of course I still lead my WW meeting tonight....

Make it great buds!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Hi gang! 2 days OP SF and feeling better already. It's not just the weight gain I didn't like after the week supposedly on Flex...it was the way I felt! I really feel much better when I'm doing SF! I guess because I'm eating real food and not using all my points on junk stuff.

I made the chocolate zucchini muffins Saturday and they are really good. I have plenty of SF food in the house and look forward to a great week!

Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198

CW 142

GW 150

I made the chocolate zucchini muffins Saturday and they are really good. I have plenty of SF food in the house and look forward to a great week!

sounds good - can you share the recipe?

thanks, Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

I am feeling better after being sick for 4 days. I have had an elevated temperature in the evenings which I hope does not return this evening. I have been pcing and baking today and I am exhausted right now. I hope I did not do too much. I made Linda's Lyonnaise carrots, 3 batches of applesauce and I have split pea soup cooking in the pc right now. DH peeled the apples and carrots and sliced them for me. I also made a sweet potatoe/apple casserole and 2 batches of quinoa. I will vacuum seal in portions some of the food later after I rest for a while. I want to make my sf, egg free pumpkin pie but may not do that until tomorrow.

I have not done well as far as food this Christmas season. I have really felt deprived this year. I was a little down also. Last Christmas our DD #2 came home for Christmas and the previous 4 Christmas' we flew to CO to spend Christmas with DD #1, SIL and DGDS. This Christmas it was just DH and I. Next Christmas I am going to do my cooking before I do any cooking and baking for DH and others. I will make sure I have the foods that I really like in the refrig.

Welcome back, Karen.

I am excited for Mar. to be here. We are flying to FL. Our DD #1 and SIL have a time share and let us have 1 of their weeks. We are going to visit a number of wildlife preserves, take a boat tour of the Everglades and we may visit Kennedy Space Center. I have always wanted to see the Everglades.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%