Health Discovery Network
SPECIALKK

SiFi Daily - Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I am up early and off work so I thought I would start us off today!

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Today will be day 4 back OP and SiFi! I never did get in my exercise last night. Friends stopped by from out of town, actually out the country! - we are very close to Canada :) - and by the time they left I was way too tired.

Planning to make a big pot of chili for dinner tonight - I use the Wendy's chili recipe I found here - it is delicious. Maybe a pot of minestrone soup as well for lunches during the week. Ds is off for vacation and loves soup - he eats it cold right out of the fridge!

Taking ds (he's 16) out to lunch today - it is his pick but I think he will probably pick Olive Garden. Need to check the website for the menu but last time I had some sort of lunch with skewered chicken, potatoes and veggies and it was delicious. Couple of errands to do and then ds has a hockey game later tonight.

Lynn - thanks so much for bumping up the recipe for the chocolate zucchini muffins. I do have a question though. I am fairly new to oatmeal - which I now really like - and I only have quick oats - will that work or do I buy the regular oats. I have the kind that come in the cannister and I know there is regular and quick oats.

Cherry - I can't wait to make the muffins!

Judy - glad you are feeling better!

Have a great day everyone!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Karen, just popping in to answer your question. I think you can use quick, old fashioned, baby flake, any type (other than Irish/steel cut oats)...

Be back later buds!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Hi!

Successfully navigated the holidays, although part of that was thanks to the lovely stomach bug that left me feeling nauseated for a week. But I'm finally feeling better! It was a nasty little bug - even infected my brother, and we didn't see him until 3 days after we were all over the worst of it! My MIL got it and was in bed sick for six days. We finally just celebrated Christmas with her yesterday.

I'm on mandatory vacation this week, so we are doing some fun family things (science museum, swimming) and some decluttering and other things we've put off for a while. It's my busy season at work, so I hate being on mandatory vacation, but it is nice to be home without much to do for a week.

Putting some pork in the slowcooker for dinner and already have a beef roast defrosting for tomorrow. The part still hasn't come for my pressure cooker - I'm anxious to try it again!

Make it a great one, buddies!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

Hi everyone!! I am SO EXCITED!!!! I am a snow lover and look at what accuweather is predicting (our place in NH is under the lower corner of the first "Z" in "blizzard.") :bcb_bigsm:bcb_bigsm:bcb_bigsm

blizzard.jpg

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Darn it Sailor, I am kind of on the very EDGE of the "snow".....

Amy, glad to hear your holiday went well even if it took the stomach flu:bcb_wink3...glad you are feeling better! Enjoy your time off! I know I am enjoying my week off!!!

Karen, sounds like you are back in the groove and excited to be there!!!!:bcb_up

I just got back from lunch with a good friend (my former intern). He is the NICEST guy and it was a lot of fun!!!!

Before that I spent over 2 hours on an Expresso Fitness bike...kind of a perfect day for me!!!!!:bcb_LOL:

I am going to go shopping with DS1 as soon as he gets home....also should be fun and DS is one of my favorite people:bcb_wink3....

Later tonight DS2's club team invited graduates to come play a match against them. The parents and kids should be there and YES that will ALSO be a lot of fun!!!!

What a great day I'm having:bcb_bigsm!!!!!

WINDY and COLD here today, by the way!!!!! Make it great buds!!!!!!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

So far another day OP! This is so much easier than counting every bite!!! I am addicted to the oatmeal muffins. Sometimes I make them with apples, sometimes with fresh cranberries, sometimes pumpkin. The varieties are limitless and oh so good!

I'm planning a trip to Sam's Club and Aldi's tomorrow to stock up some more. This is going to be my last year pre-goal. I am determined to make it there and stay there:bcb_grin

Hope everyone has gotten over Christmas and gotten some rest too.

Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198

CW 142

GW 150