Health Discovery Network
darinesto

Fiber & point count

I am about to start WW again (1-1-10)

I have a question about fiber. I know fiber is capped at 4 but I am eating Kashi hot cereal

& eating 2 packs at a time. Can I count 4 for each pack for a total of 8 or do I only count 4 for both packs. I'm probably only doing wishful thinking... but it won't do any good to cheat..or harm to ask

Thanks,

Dar

If you are eating both packets at the same time you can only count 4 grams of fiber total.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

But if instead of the 2nd packet, you eat some other food with 4g fiber in it, you can count that. Go figure.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

The fiber caps help teach us what a serving really is. 2 packets is 2 servings. How about adding some fruit to it or nuts? I like raisins or cranberries in my oatmeal with some walnuts or almonds. Very filling.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

I used the NI for the hearty honey cinnamon cereal and using the electronic points calculator it says one serving is 2 points and 2 servings equals 6 points. I guess that's because of the fiber cap.

For safety sake I would count only the 4 fiber grams.