Health Discovery Network
wwlynn

SiFi Daily Dec 31st!!!!! Thursday

Happy New Year buddies...okay, a little early....:bcb_wink3

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I've been staying up VERY LATE! I'll be ready to stay up til midnight tonight!

It is snowing here but it's supposed to turn to rain later. It is coming down fast right now!!! I am sitting on my stability ball:bcb_up and am headed to the gym....my sister is supposed to come tomorrow, barring weather problems. We REALLY need to clean the house and I need help with that today. I sure hope I get cooperation from the family!!!!

I've been shopping for running shoes online. I like Ryka's and they don't have them at the store where I usually get them and won't be getting them in for a while....I am not sure exactly what I need though in terms of stability control etc. Might consul with my PT. Given that I spend an extra $25 on a list on the left one, it's kind of a big decision....

I'll also be getting food ready today for tomorrow.

Make it great buds!!!!:salut

HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Lynn

Happy New Year's Eve to Lynn and all to follow! Anyone have any exciting plans?

Dh and I will just be staying in tonight. Ds has been invited for a sleepover at a friends tonight. Not much on the agenda today. Just looked in the fridge and I have tons of healthy leftovers because I have been cooking up a storm! Trying again today to take ds to lunch. We will go to a late lunch as he has a high school hockey game later this morning. I am sad my week off of work is almost over and it is back to the grind on Monday. I am trying to get the house organized so that will be my plan today and tomorrow. We are getting new living room furniture delivered on Saturday (which we desperately need!) and there is much to do before then.

Glad to see so many posting on the daily, I am glad I joined in here!

Have a great and safe New Years everyone!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Happy New Year Buddies

I hope 2010 brings everyone joy and good health.

I am going back to weekly weigh ins -paying my DD a dollar every Monday to weigh me in- worked so well for so long till I got lazy in 2009 and now I am a heavier than I would like. I bought a planner calendar for her to write down my weight every week and help me stay accountable. DH may be on board with that as well, which would help us both. It's amazing to reflect on how I let myself make allowances here and there and how they contribute to an overall lack of motivation. And weight gain.

Lesson learned.

Ick.

Anyway, I am dusting off 2009, and here I go.

DH took us to a basketball game at his high school last night. Very fun, and free -the ladies at the table work in the office w/ DH, so they let all 7 of us in for free. Certainly got me in the cheerleader mood after that !!!:bcb_grin

It was a fun and fast paced game-we all enjoyed it.

I have gotten a lot of cleaning done around the house-may tackle one or two more things today.

I will probably be in bed by 10 tonight- I have not done the midnight thing in many years. We'll see if anything comes up today or what the kids are up for.

New Years Eve is pretty special, though- I met my DH in July 1986 briefly, but saw him again at my brother's New Years Eve party that same year- he brought a date, but I paid no attention to that little snag. He kissed me first at midnight.:bcb_bigsm Here we are, 23 years and 6 kids later and still very much in love. awwww....:bcb_bigsm

Have a great last day of 2009, buddies.

I am looking forward to a healthy, kick butt 2010 !!!!

Later-

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Bridget - now I know why you are Bridgethemom! 6 kids!!!! I only have two and that kept me busy:bcb_bigsm

I'm ready for a new year and a new me! Since finally figuring out that SiFi is the only way to go I'm on my way to goal. Closer than I've ever been so hopefully 2010 will be my year. I have to get into exercise and I guess I've used the hip replacement card all I can. Both are new and there are no more! I have a Leslie Sansone DVD that I'm going to dust off until warmer weather when I can get out and walk outside and then attempt to get the bicycle out again.

I hope that each of you have a great New Year's Eve (safely!) and a wonderful 2010!

Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198

CW 142

GW 150

Hi Lynn, Karen, Bridget and Cherry,

I made muffins this morning. It is a recipe that I've wanted to try to see if it is a good one for when we have friends up here. It is very good, and healthy (all but 2 TBSP oil is replaced by ff yogurt) but 2 pts per muffin and NOT filling. Not to mention, they are good. Did I say they are good? So, I had 1 and DF had 3. There are 8 left. Although I won't be having them for breakfast (they just don't hold me), these will be good for a snack after skiing with tea. I usually bring a couple of teabags and something to eat in the lodge. I noticed that these small muffins will fit into my little cylindrical tins that I've saved for skiing snacks.

Generally, DF and I stay in or go to friends' houses on New Year's Eve. We get thrown off when we stay up so late and I'm always concerned about other people's driving during the holidays. BUT, I need practice dancing before the wedding in February, so we are going to dinner (at 8:15 PM - heck, that's almost my bedtime!!!) and dancing and toast and the whole nine yards! We are really looking forward to our night out! The added bonus is that the place is just up the road, only about 2 miles away!!

Tomorrow we have decided to have a "mixed grill" dinner. That means we'll be cooking on the grill on the balcony during a blizzard!!! I do love snow!!! The house is a Swiss chalet style, so the roof has a big overhang over the balcony (and sides of the house). The only bad thing about grilling up here in the really cold of winter is sometimes the food gets cold on the short trip from the grill to the indoors, but we can deal with that. I'm having steak and DF will have either chicken breast or turkey sausage (hasn't made up his mind yet....) We'll have lyonnaise carrots and probably baked potatoes. For dessert, we are having either pudding parfaits or apple crisp. It will be a totally SiFi New Year's dinner for me!!!

I've got to get lunch ready. We're eating a little early then heading off to do some x-c skiing. We both need to wax our skis, so we need to leave early to allow time for waxing, skiing and getting back in time for a NAP before our late night!!!!!

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Hi buddies, SWEET story Bridget!!! Very sweet! And you AND Cherry are TOTALLY pumped for 2010~~~~!!!!

Sailor, sounds like you'll have a fun night and a fun day tomorrow too!!!! I hope you get LOTS of snow! We got some this morning but we're supposed to get rain later:bcb_down!

Karen, I'm sorry to see my week off come to an end too....bcb_sadand I also need to get some cleaning and things done since my sister and her family are coming tomorrow!

I just got back from almost 2 1/2 hours of cycling, DH and DS2 just left to play raquetball, and in a while we're going to head out for lunch (scratched going out to dinner last night)...no big plans tonight. I need to get ready for a crowd tomorrow!

Lynn

Hi Buddies, and Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to finally getting to goal in 2010 - this will be my year. I've been plateaud long enough! Time to get the last of this weight off once and for all! My resolution is to give up ice cream for at least 6 months, that is my real weakness and I have been indulging far too often lately and the scale is showing it! So 2010 is the year of no ice cream (at least till June! :bcb_grin)

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"

Hi Everyone,

Christmas decorations and outside lights have been put away. I love Christmas but as soon as it is over I want to get everything put away.

We are staying home tonight and I doubt that we will stay up to midnight. In previous years when I tried to stay up I just could not do it.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Judy, if you watch Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin in New York, you only have to stay up until 9 PM to watch the ball drop on TV...! :bcb_bravo

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Christmas decorations and outside lights have been put away.

Well I'M impressed! Of course my outside lights have been put away....for at least a year since I didn't put any out this year:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin!!!!

Well, I've made there SiFi dips, made pasta sauce, lasagna (not SiFi), have COW bread in the bread machine, did a ton more of food shopping, cleaned the bathrooms, scrubbed the mini blinds in the bathroom (in the shower, wish I had a functioning bathtub!), cut my hair, I'm sure I'm forgetting some things...I need to trim the pork loin...oh I also have chickpeas roasting right now (leftovers from making hummus)....I am trying to find a PC pork/sauerkraut/apple recipe. I've made it before and have no idea where I got the idea from!!! I don't really NEED a recipe...I do have one for the slow cooker and might just do that. Wish my slow cooker also BROWNED meat:bcb_wink3!

DS2 is at a party. I think he'll probably sleep there, which is nice because the roads might be slick. The rest of us are just sitting around watching the History channel:bcb_LOL:!

Lynn

Well I'M impressed! Of course my outside lights have been put away....for at least a year since I didn't put any out this year:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin!!!!

We have had years that we did not put outside lights up and we also have had years where we did not put up our Christmas tree. The years that we spent Christmas in CO we see any reason to put them up especially since we would have to take them down when we got home.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

20,000 pts.-100%

Judy, if you watch Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin in New York, you only have to stay up until 9 PM to watch the ball drop on TV...! :bcb_bravo

Judy, you posted at 8:56! You made it! (New York time) :bcb_grin

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Judy, you posted at 8:56! You made it! (New York time) :bcb_grin.

:bcb_LOL::bcb_grin

Judy S.

20,000 pts.-100%