Health Discovery Network
KellBell

chocolate shake

I got a new Ninja Blender for Christmas (it works really good! It really crushes up the ice like the commercials say), so anyway, I made a chocolate shake and it was delish!

2 tbsp sugar free/fat free instant chocolate pudding mix

1/2 cup skim milk

8-10 ice cubes

Put it all in the Ninja and pulsed it 5-6 times and it was creamy icy deliciousness - and really filling too!

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"

hmmm, Ninja blender??? There's a NEW GADGET in town I don't know about??????:bcb_bigsm Is it time for some SiFi peer pressure perhaps????

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Ninja Blender, I may have to look this up. My blender is about 10 yrs old and looks like it has seen better days.

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

I made a variation on this because I wanted a meal-sized chocolate banana shake, and it was AMAZING.

I don't have a Ninja, so it took me longer than six pulses to get it smooth (for those interested, I have a Hamilton Beach blender and used the Ice Breaker setting to pulse it).

Here's what I used:

1 banana, peeled, sliced thinly, and flash-frozen on a cookie sheet

3 tbsp ffsf chocolate pudding mix

1 cup skim milk

5 ice cubes

2 or 3 oz water to thin it (due to bananas, without this water the mixture will be too thick and the ice won't be able to get down to the blades)

This made approx 16-20 oz worth of shake. If you wanted a smaller shake (it is VERY filling and served as my entire lunch...I figure I could do worse than a banana and a glass of milk for lunch), you could cut all the ingredients in half and I'm sure it'd work fine. Also, this was perhaps more banana-ish than your standard chocolate banana shake from an ice cream stand, but not that much. I suppose you could use less banana if you wanted.

Thanks, KellBell!

Started Core 8/19/08

10% - 11/08/08

Restart 1/1/10 at 177.6

weight.png

ttc.png

1 Cor. 6:12-20:

All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by ANYTHING! I am bought with a price, and I will start acting like it.

I've had the Ninja for a little while now and I have to say, it works GREAT! It really works good for frozen drinks and my son has been making sno-cones with it like crazy. I highly recommend it :bcb_grin

Kelli from MN

I got mine at Target for $49.99 - so far I have to say it is awesome!!!

hmmm, Ninja blender??? There's a NEW GADGET in town I don't know about??????:bcb_bigsm Is it time for some SiFi peer pressure perhaps????

Kelli from MN

I LOVE Chocolate Banana shakes! :bcb_bigsm

My ingredients:

FF plain soymilk

Frozen ripe banana

Unsweetened cocoa

Ice cubes

Plus I did an Easy Orange Julius:

Frozen ripe banana

Orange

Ice cubes

(I could've added: vanilla extract or soymilk, but it was perfect the way it was):bcb_smile:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Wow, Carol, that sounds good too, and it avoids the pudding issue. I can't have significant amounts of soy (doctor's orders due to a thyroid condition), but I guess I could try that with regular skim milk. Any ideas on quantities/ratios?

Started Core 8/19/08

10% - 11/08/08

Restart 1/1/10 at 177.6

weight.png

ttc.png

All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by ANYTHING! I am bought with a price, and I will start acting like it.

I guess I could try that with regular skim milk. Any ideas on quantities/ratios?

Gosh, I used to know it exactly, LoriBelle...

Guessing I'd say:

1 C. FF milk

Unsweetened cocoa, 1-2 TBS. (to taste, even 4 TBS. is only 2/10ths of a point, which wouldn't count)

Frozen banana, peeled :bcb_wink3

Sweetener (if needed)

Blend.

Then add ice cubes for correct thickness/milkshake texture.

(If I can use the "search" feature, maybe I can find my recipe.)

I think the search function is still broken, Carol. But thanks, I think you've given me enough to go on! I don't have unsweetened cocoa in the house right now, but it's on my shopping list for Friday/pay day. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Started Core 8/19/08

10% - 11/08/08

Restart 1/1/10 at 177.6

weight.png

ttc.png

It really is an ingredient list. Then you can take care of personal preference by how much you use. Some people don't like too much of a banana-taste...I LOVE it. Some people like light-chocolate; I like it dark. And I love a THICK milkshake (less milk/or/more ice).

I think you'll be able to figure it out pretty quickly. And sweetness is always a personal preference, too. :bcb_up

I think I want one for BREAKFAST! LOL.

This is so funny! I just got a Ninja Master Prep the other night and I've pretty much just been throwing random things in it and pulsing away. I was looking for a chocolate shake recipe and look - here's one FOR the Ninja! How cool is that? FYI - I tried sugar/fat free cherry jello (one of the little prepackaged cups, just spooned in) and ice in the ninja - came out to the consistancy of gelato and was SO good!

If you're interested, you can sign up for Bed, Bath & Beyonds mailing list and get a 20% off coupon, which you can use to get a $49 Ninja and BB&B for $39. I think it's around $42 with tax. DEFINITELY worth the money!

[/url]

I must try the jello/ice combo!! Great idea! What other fun things have you made in your Ninja?

This is so funny! I just got a Ninja Master Prep the other night and I've pretty much just been throwing random things in it and pulsing away. I was looking for a chocolate shake recipe and look - here's one FOR the Ninja! How cool is that? FYI - I tried sugar/fat free cherry jello (one of the little prepackaged cups, just spooned in) and ice in the ninja - came out to the consistancy of gelato and was SO good!

If you're interested, you can sign up for Bed, Bath & Beyonds mailing list and get a 20% off coupon, which you can use to get a $49 Ninja and BB&B for $39. I think it's around $42 with tax. DEFINITELY worth the money!

Kelli from MN

I saw these at COSTCO yesterday. I think they were $40-something-dollars. But I wasn't paying attention (obviously).:bcb_smile