Health Discovery Network
wwlynn

Happy New Year Buddies!!!!! SiFi Friday January 1st, 2010

Well, I might as well start the daily!:bcb_bigsm

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

thumbnail.aspx?q=1413795624266&id=8a87785f487806dd893d6e4be00b5793&url=http%3a%2f%2fapartyshop.co.uk%2facatalog%2fsection_new_year_themed_napkins_plates_and_tableware.jpg

Let's make it the best year ever!!!

Lynn

Well, I might as well start the daily!:bcb_bigsm

HAPPY NEW YEAR BUDS!

Well it is New Years for you but not for anyone on the West Coast yet.

:bcb_bigsm

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Well, now it's DEFINITELY New Year's Day EVERYWHERE in the continental USA!:bcb_wink3 (not sure about Alaska and Hawaii)

I didn't stay up much past midnight, got up around 7 and did more bathroom cleaning, then browned the pork loins and put them in TWO crockpots. I'm going to head to the gym as soon as I can but need to reduce the temp on the slow cookers after the first hour...I think I'll wait til I do that to go. I have a number of other things I need to do before my sister and her family arrive at 2pm.

DH is playing raquetball, DS1 is sleeping I assume, and DS2 is still at his party with friends (slept over). It's kind of dismal out with moisture clinging to the trees, not sure if it's ice or not....

Make it a GREAT day buds and the start of a GREAT YEAR!!!!!:salut

Lynn

It's a great day and a great New Year! Not much planned for today except changing bedding and getting ready for some family company next week. I may make another batch of zucchini chocolate muffins...love those Lynn!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and New Year!

Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198

CW 142

GW 150

I got to bed shortly after midnight and woke up at 4 am and could not go back to sleep. Ugh!

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

20,000 pts.-100%

Happy new year, everyone!!

I got up at 9:15 this morning!!! I am definitely not a "night person" and getting home at 1 AM really threw me for a loop!! But we had a lot of fun at the dinner and dancing. I had dessert and mashed potatoes that I know had points and allowed for that. So all was well. As for the dancing, boy did we work off some major calories!!! And I have to say, we had been out there cutting the rug for about 30 minutes without a break and the song "Hot, Hot, Hot" came on and I will say I never noticed how LONG that song is!!! I mean, we thought it was never going to end!!! They did play "At Last" by Etta James, which is one of the songs we are considering for our first dance at the wedding. That was a nice preview!!

We are going skiing after lunch and I'm sure I'm going to need a nap later, even with sleeping in this morning!!

Have a great day!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Happy New Year buddies. I was in bed by 10p. I had worked yesterday and been up since 3a, lol. Heading into the kitchen now to make some baked oatmeal and a crustless pumpkin pie. Getting pretty cold here in TN and they are calling for snow showers Sun. Hopefully it won't be too bad. The kids are supposed to go back to school Mon, and momma is ready for the 3 boys to go back to school.:bcb_grin

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

Happy New Year everyone!

Dh and I just stayed in last night and had a quiet evening at home while ds went to a friends for a sleepover. Ate more than I planned so just core food for me today. Today is the day we get the living room ready for the new furniture delivery tomorrow - we will be very busy trying to rearrange and organize. Delivery is scheduled early so we really need to get everything done today. I am still enjoying my week off of work but I do have to go back on Monday. I was planning on cooking a turkey today but it is still not thawed so that will be either Saturday or Sunday. Pretty quiet weekend til Sunday night when ds has two hockey games in a row.

I think there are still plenty of leftovers in the fridge but I may still cook - have to see what I have. I am going to try the chocolate muffins with applesauce later - thanks Lynn!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Good morning/afternoon, Buddies!

It is a fairly quiet day on tap for me. My Honey just left for work and I'll spend the day writing and sewing and catching up on stuff that didn't get done while we were gone.

The Goodyear blimp just flew by so I'm guessing it is on its way to Rose Bowl (not sure if the parade is still going on or not...it started two hours ago so it should be winding down soon if it hasn't already).

Off to take my shower--just finished my activity and need to get out of these sweaty clothes! :bcb_salut

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I enjoy watching the Rose Parade every year. It is especially meaningful because 30 some years ago DH, I and our DDS helped decorate the city of Lakewood, CA float. It was a lot of fun and quite an experience for all of us. A lot of work and money goes into those floats.

I need to go get my walk in. It is really hard to get going this morning as I stayed up to a little pass midnight and then woke up at 4 am and could not get back to sleep.

Judy S.

20,000 pts.-100%

Dsis and her family just left, we had a great time! I have SO MUCH FOOD leftover it is INSANE! There is, literally, a loaf of COW bread STILL in the bread machine as it was not needed at all!:bcb_grin (I made two loaves)....I also had a WHOLE crockpot full of pork/sauerkraut that was untouched! Good news is that MOST of it is FF and I will have meals for MONTHS (if I freeze them:bcb_wink3)...Kitchen needs more cleaning up but after the dishwasher is finished.

WOW is the board hoppin'!!!!!!!

Hope all of our new and renewing buddies will PERSIST through the year and FOREVER....because we ALL KNOW that...YOU CANNOT FAIL IF YOU DO NOT QUIT!!!!!

So WELCOME/WELCOME BACK buddies!! STICK AROUND and you WILL succeed!!!!:bcb_up

Lynn