Health Discovery Network
Sailorwoman

SiFi Daily - Saturday - January 2, 2010!!

Good morning, everyone!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Hi everyone!! I slept in until 8:15, a remnant still from going out on New Year's Eve and not getting to bed until 1 AM!! But I feel great and know I needed the extra sleep. We skied (x-c) yesterday afternoon and had a grand time. We'll go back this afternoon. There's been about 4" of new snow yesterday and last night, and we are predicted to get 6-12" more today, tonight and tomorrow. Today we'll pick a different route. Yesterday was 7 km of rolling trail along a river with some up- and down-hills at the end. Wa-Hoo!!!! (I just love the downhills!!!) Today we probably will go up a trail that is a long but steady climb, then turn around and blast back into town!! Although, I'm not sure how much blasting there'll be with fresh snow. But WE will have a blast, that's for sure.

Have a great day everyone!!

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Hi, Buddies

Happy New Year.

We all slept in today (yesterday as well) 8:30 is VERY late for me, but it was SOOOO nice !

I am making a SiFi quiche for DH and myself, and another for the kids-using whatever I have in the house (which isn't much-can't wait till payday !!!)

No plans yet today-DH and I are trying to figure out how we will make ends meet-I left my job, and our mortgage payment went up 300.00/mo. We'll figure it out, and if finances are my biggest worry, I'll take it ! We may work on the budget a bit this morning and see if we can cut any more out. That's going to be interesting, because we live pretty simply already. Oh well, we are all healthy and happy, so it's good.

I'd better get back to making breakfast (maybe I'll make a few more things and we'll have an imprompteau brunch:bcb_wink3)

Have a great one, buddies.

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Our new living room furniture was delivered this morning, yeah! It looks great and we love it although it is a touch big for our living room. We may have to make some minor adustments with tables or something. It is hard to look at furniture in the store and figure out how it will look at home. I really love the style and it is so comfy! My knee is very sore today. I sprained it somehow a couple of weeks ago and with all the rearranging and organizing yesterday, including up and down the stairs a lot, it almost wiped me out! My knee was much better but still gets stiff and painful if I do too much.

Took out pork chops for dinner but we may be going out for Chinese tonight. Need to grocery shop today and clean my work office (my part time job) and that is about it for today. I have a turkey thawing - very slowly in the fridge - I think I can make that tomorrow. I still have not made the chocolate zucchini muffins, maybe today!

Sailor - Enjoy your day skiing!

Bridget - $300 a month! I would be going crazy but you sound calm! Are you going back to work? I hope you figure everything out and you certainly have a great attitute!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Karen- That's so fun about the new furniture.

I always find myself re-arranging the furniture after we take down Christmas decorations, and I always like the way it looks. Makes my kids laugh-they know it's coming.

As for my job-I left b/c it was taking a toll on family life, homeschooling, and DH's sanity:bcb_wink3,so I'll be home for a while. If I am offered the cooking position at the camp this summer, I will probably take it-the $$ is great, and it only lasts 6 weeks-plus we are not officially in school, so the kids' work will not suffer. It was a tough choice b/c I really enjoyed the job-but obviously the family comes first. (DH took a big pay cut to get the job he has now after being laid off for 2 months), so it's been pretty tight.

It'll work out somehow- always has:bcb_wink3

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Hey buddies, day TWO of the NEW YEAR!:bcb_happy

Today is DS2's birthday....the holiday/birthday crush is quite something around here (DS1's was 12/27)....not sure what he wants to do to celebrate.

I am quite exhausted at this point and I'm back to work on Mondaybcb_sad! I sure would like another week off!!!:bcb_wink3

Karen, we got new furniture a few years ago that is pretty big for our living room. We actually have one piece in our family room for this reason:bcb_blush. We picked out the furniture for a much larger living room (when we had a second house for reasons not worth explaining at the moment)...

Bridget, glad you got to sleep in! Enjoy your brunch! I am sure you'll work out the finances!!! You seem to be very creative!

Sailor, your skiing sounds SO fun! I thought of you as they were discussing the "terrible" weather you're going to be having today (on the Today show)....I know it's not terrible to you!!! ENJOY IT!!!!

Make it great buds! I have enough tasty filling foods to last me through the month!!!!! If you don't, get moving:bcb_wink3!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Well another week on SiFi and I lost 3#s again. Hopefully this has actually sunk into my feeble brain and I won't try to go back again to my old ways!

It's been pretty quiet around here today. DH watched a ballgame while I read. My meeting was at 8:30 this morning so I was back home after running errands by 10:20. Just chilling since then.

Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198

CW 142

GW 150

Hi everyone,

It is nice to see new faces and hear from old friends! We decided not to ski today but we are going tomorrow. DF did some stuff on his computer (he's always making things, and uses engineering programs to design parts. The latest project is a glider plane. Egads!) and I had a wonderful afternoon reading and playing with the dogs. Three books I was waitlisted for at the library came in all at once, so I'm trying to finish Ted Kennedy's memoir this weekend so I can get to the others before I have to bring them back.

DF is busy in the kitchen making salsa. I just made SiFi guacamole. We are going to have nachos. Using FF sour cream, and FF cheddar, I just have to count points for the chips, and it feels like a big extravagance!! Sometimes I throw on a can of black beans, too. Later we are going out to listen to some live music at an apres ski pub, so I want to get the appetizer-type food feeling out of my system. Then when we go there I can just get a Diet Coke and listen..... (I'm such a cheap date!!!! :))

Have a great evening everyone!!

Sailorwoman

Hope everyone's doing well this evening. Day 2 of the New Year (also day 2 of recommitment to SiFi) is going pretty well for me. :) I still have a dairy serving, oils, and the multivitamin left. Will get those at dinner. I'm having SiFi chili, and I'll add the oils and ff sour cream or cheddar cheese to it.

Way to go, Cherry, with the 3# loss! :)

Hey Bridget, do you have that quiche recipe on hand, or can someone link me? For the life of me, I've never been able to get the search function on this board to work...not sure if it is me or it, LOL.

Started Core 8/19/08

10% - 11/08/08

Restart 1/1/10 at 177.6

weight.png

ttc.png

1 Cor. 6:12-20:

All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by ANYTHING! I am bought with a price, and I will start acting like it.

For the life of me, I've never been able to get the search function on this board to work...not sure if it is me or it, LOL.

Hi LoriBelle - It is not you!! The search function just does not work!! The best way to find something is just to Google whatever it is you are looking for with the words "health discovery bootcamp" and then the stuff on this site will come up in your Google result!! Good luck!!

Sailorwoman