Health Discovery Network
KimberleyW

Delta Force Weekly! ~~~ January 4-10 ~~~

Hi Buddies,

Another great OP day. WW ROCKS! Honestly, there's no better plan out there. The road might get a little rough at times, that's when I just gotta hang on tight, the rough road does get smooth again.:bcb_wink3

DH is still measuring and journaling. He's also weighing everyday. I encouraged weekly weighing. Right now he's sticking with daily.

Speaking of weighing, tomorrow is my official home WI day.:bcb_worry I know what kind of week I have had. I have been OP all week despite the struggle. I have 31 of my WPA's left. Too bad they don't roll over like my AT&T plan does.:bcb_grin Just kidding, that could be disastrous.

Clara~Good job Buddy!

DD~Good job on the exercise.

Kimberley~Busy day! I too hope DH sticks with it.

DeeDee~Yes, it's so cold for y'all in TX. It's rather cold here, but, it's WI. I still don't like the bitter cold though. Glad you are having an OP day!

Hello Denise, Laurie, and those of you on the fence about joining in.:bcb_wink3

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Good Morning All!

Fitting this in between running hot water in the pipes to keep them from freezing - we've been up all night trying to keep the pipes from freezing. It got down to 20 here I think, but these houses in South Texas just aren't designed to deal with freezing temps. No pipe insulation! And we've got another 3 nights of this yet to go - tonight is supposed to be the coldest and get down to 18.

No workout yesterday other than 15 minutes of back and forth getting the outside faucets turned on enough to hopefully keep them from freezing and busting.

At least all my dishes are clean & today will be laundry to keep the pipes running. My house should be spic and span by the end of this cold snap.

DD

Starting again in 2010!

HW:293.6

CW:286.6

10% GW: 264.3

weight.png

Good Morning! :wave:

We had a nice visit with my parents last night. My time will come soon enough to ditch the kids and head south! LOL This morning, my buddy & I are off to take a couple of classes at the gym. We'll break to run errands (me to the bank and to pick up the last of Lucas' hockey gear) and meet up again to see "Youth in Revolt". We both love Michael Cena's movies!!

Lucas starts up with hockey lessons tonight. He's been asking for five years and I've been resisting. I figure I've blown his chances at getting into the NHL so now he can just play non-competitive, non-traveling house league hockey as long as he wants (or until it gets too expensive and I cut him off!!) Hopefully DH will be able to get out of LA today and make it home tonight. If not, we'll see him tomorrow!!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Deedee & DD- Hang in there Texas buddies!!

Clara- Actually 75 minutes in the spin room is a light day for me and my buddy. But it was the first day to the gym this week for both of us. She had the flu and I have a sinus infection. My lungs are still a bit sore so I don't know how it's going to go today. Maybe we'll dump out after one class so I have more time to run my errands before the movie!!

Trudie- Good Luck with WI this morning!

Kimberley

Good morning!

DD, I would imagine you're right.. your homes aren't built for such cold weather! We have been breaking records here in Florida too.. just so cold!

Trudie, you're a shining example of a lifetime member! Yes, it does at times get difficult,, but with support and some good old self talking - it can be overcome! How nice that DH is doing it with you - wish my hubby would... it would make things so much easier, but he is 'naturally' thin.. I watch what and how he eats, and if I could eat like he does.. I guess I'd be naturally thin too.

Hi Clara, Kimberley, Laurie and Sandy!!

I was hoping we'd have a few more newbies join our group! I know they must be lurking!!

Yesterday I went out shopping for a little! It was my first outing out in 4 weeks! I felt pretty good, but did notice I tired pretty quickly.. so I went home and rested some. Tonight my parents are going to come over to play cards, we'll see how that goes but I think I'll be fine playing. No plans for going out today, but I do plan on walking on my treadmill, and I'm still adjusting my diet in order to get back OP. I'm so glad I was able to get in shape and go below my WW goal before surgery - as it helps me not fret so much (but I'm fretting some!)

Hope yo all have a great OP day!

DeeDee, good job stay OP!! I need to get a picture of Cooper for you..

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Good snowy morning all. Our neighbor plowed our driveway yesterday so we just need to shovel the drifts. My husband said he would take me to Mary's today. He wants to see her too.

Denise, DD and Deedee... sorry about your cold, but we have very cold here with snow. We are supposed to get below zero here this weekend. Not looking forward to that.

Kimberley... sounds like you have another full day. I hope your husband makes it home safe. That is the important thing. Enjoy your day.

Trudie.. you seem to have it all together again. I have a few issues, but am working them out one at a time. I have done the treadmill now for the past three days.

Staying focused and positive,

Clara

Non-smoker since 11-15-01

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 106.5... 04/01/21

Good Evening! :wave:

I'm am stressed to the gills. I don't even know where to start with all the stuff that went down today-- trying to figure out all the equipment needed for hockey, getting screwed by our bank and the manager locked up in her office and wouldn't come out to talk to me (we've had a deal with them for 8 years and they just decided to change it last night without telling us in advance!!! Now I have to find a new bank, renegotiate our mortgage, move our retirement and investment funds, etc), then couldn't find the right mattress cover for Lucas' allergies, then my cell phone fell into the toilet at the mall and I had to pull it out and it's probably wrecked anyway, then I couldn't get the car up the driveway since the plow put EVERYTHING by our driveway and the snowblower ran out of gas so I had to shovel the rest by hand, then Claire forgot everything at school and has her second TOM and is in a horrible mood, then I had to get the kids through dinner and off to hockey. I'm still having a hard time breathing so I guess it's not allergies and is a bad cold. I'm toast.

Clara- I hope things went well at Mary's!

Denise- Have fun playing cards!! I need to teach Claire & Lucas how to play Euchre!!

Kimberley

Hi Buddies~

Another OP day under my belt. It's WI day, I am 128.4. I am in my MR, I had a fantastic week, I am good with it.

Denise~Thanks! I am glad you got out of the house. I suspect you will tire easily for a while yet. Good job listening to your body and resting.

Clara~You're getting there. Glad to hear your still getting on the treadmill. How's Mary doing?

DD~I am sorry about the pipes. Those are cold temps for you guys.

Kimbereley~Oh my goodness, what a day. bcb_sad I am so sorry for all that is going on, that's terrible. Hugs to you.

Hello to the rest of my Buddies.

Trudie

Good Mornin' Buddies,

Time to rise and shine. It's a new day, and it's a great day to be OP. If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't gonna fix it. Make YOU a priority, YOU are worth the effort.

I will have another OP day. I am feeling strong. I was feeling thin this morning, so I got on the scale, 127.3. :bcb_smile

DH is still OP, last night he was having a sweet treat.

Me: You can't have all that!

DH: Yes I can, it's 170 calories and 5 points.

Me: Did you eat all you healthy foods?

DH: What healthy foods?

Me: Fruits, veggies, protein, milk, fats, etc.

DH: Umm, I think so, did I mention I was down another 3 pounds today?

:bcb_grinIt's been fun watching and helping him. I hope he hangs in there. He generally doesn't last on any diet for more then a week.

Make it a Delta Force day. May the Force be with you with challenges today!

Trudie

Good Afternoon! :wave:

Thanks for the support Trudie! Yesterday was certainly challenging. DH did make it home last night but he'd had some seizures at the airport yesterday so that was another source of stress to add on at the end of the day. Oh, and I posted before Claire hit the roof because DH reduced the water pressure for the showers and "her highness" did not approve. She went to TOWN all over us for the next bit-- openly declaring war until we brought the water pressure back up. Fortunately today she came back to her senses, took a shower this morning and realized it wasn't so bad. Yes, she threw a fit *BEFORE* she actually took a shower and tested it out!! :crazy:

Anyway, I woke up sick in the middle of the night which explained why I was completely toast last night (hands shaking, pale as a ghost, etc). I'm still hacking up a lung and not feeling well. I slept right through the spin classes at the gym this morning! DH & I made a huge vat of veggie soup. I'll put in some brown rice after pureeing and tonight's dinner (plus many more) will be waiting for us!! We're taking the kids tobogganing with a bunch of other kids & parents this afternoon. I'll either bundle up and hang out with the adults or else stay in the car and read my book!! Tonight we're going to listen to the new 39 Clues book on CD and keep it low key!

Kimberley

Hi everyone!

Trudie, DH is lucky to have you as his mentor!! Goos job staying OP... you're doing great!

Kimberley, oh my.. sounds like DH had a rough day yesterday... no doubt adding lots of stress! Hope you're feeling better today, and take it easy!!

No plans for me today - it's just so darn cold here and gray and raining. It looks like it could snow any minute!! I haven't went for my walk yet, but plan on doing it soon. Trying to do points again today and see how it goes.. I feel like I'm up a little but didn't weigh myself! Stay warm everyone.. and have a great OP day!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Good afternoon. A quick post to let you know all is well. I have been at Mary's for about four hours and now must get things ready for my company. I fixed a veg. tray and will have cheese and apples. We just like something to snack on while playing cards. Our big card party canceled. One of the couples are sick. We re-scheduled for the 23rd. Winters it is hard to get everyone together.

Denise... 12 degrees here this morning and that is warm. We expect below zero this weekend. Bet you don't feel to cold now. You will get your walk in, I am sure. You seemed to be focused.

Trudie... good job staying op and with the weight loss. Hubby sounds like he is really into it. Enjoy your weekend.

Kimberley... my, your husband must really be stressed. And what are you doing running around when you are sick. Sounds to me like you need to stay in and take care of you. Funny about the shower. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi to everyone else. Will try and post sometime tomorrow.

Staying focused and positive,

Clara

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 106.5... 04/01/21

Hi everyone...jsut wanted you to see what I've been up to! Literally!! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189884&id=660178641&l=6e979ce46b

If that one doesn't work, or is too small, try this: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=135922&id=503459626&ref=mf

Not sure if that one will work or not, and I don't know why the pics are so small in the first one

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

I'm back after a long year of recouping from surgery. And I desperately need to get back on track.

Laurie: Right now just climbing stairs is exercise! Kudos to you!

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Good Mornin' Buddies,

I was lonesome for DGD yesterday, so we went and got her and had her overnight. She sure keeps me busy. She accidently dropped my Blackberry in my coffee yesterday. Thankfully it was only 1/4 full and I think it's going to be ok. It did shut off for a while though.:bcb_huh:

Grainne~Welcome back! It's nice to see you!

My plan is for an OP day.:bcbkickbu

Make it a great day Buddies

Trudie

Good Almost Afternoon! :wave:

Quick check-in this morning. I slept well last night but am still not feeling well. No exercise for me again today. I'm starting to worry a bit since I haven't taken this much time off in 3 years but I've got back to back classes on the agenda for tomorrow morning so that will help make up some time!! I'm taking Lucas to a public skate at the local arena this afternoon so he can work on his backwards skating skills. He's behind with his skating technique compared to the other kids at his hockey lessons. I've been telling him for years he has to take more skating lessons before I'd sign him up for hockey and I think he understood why on Friday when he was one of the few kids who really couldn't skate backwards that well! Anyway, he's got a friend coming with him and then back over to our house until dinner. DH has a study group meeting after dinner. I haven't heard that anyone is driving him so I guess that comes down to me!! DH got a letter in the mail on Friday from the transportation ministry noticing him of his license being suspended for medical reasons so it's all official now. Only 2 more weeks until he goes to see the neurologist so hopefully we can get the ball moving forward there!!

I have beans in the pressure cooker to make some bean & veggie burgers for dinner. If I have enough, I'd like to make some hummus to go on the burgers! Lunch will be leftover veggie & rice soup from yesterday. Breakfast was cornmeal cereal w/soy milk. I'm locked and loaded!! Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Grainne- :welcome: back!

Trudie- Are you ready for this? I dropped my BB in the toilet on Friday at the movie theater!!! I aired it out for a while, stored it in some dry rice and it seems to be working well now. Kind of hard to get over that visual though!

Laurie- I don't have FB so I can't access the pictures!

Denise- How did the walk go yesterday? It's been sunny here so I've been thinking about running but it's also -15 to -20 with windchill so I don't think so!!

Clara- I dropped DH & the kids off for tobogganing and then had to run errands the whole time so I at least escaped waiting outside for them. With DH not being able to drive, there's really no other option than for me to do it all!!

Kimberley

Kimberley~I hope you are feeling better soon. It would be difficult if my DH couldn't drive. Do they generally suspend it for 6 months, if there's no seizure activity?

That's a baaaad place for you to have dropped your BB. I'd have done the same. My pager fell in the toilet in our locker room at work and I scooped it out.:bcb_huh: You do what you gotta do.

Good plan for on OP day!:bcb_up

Trudie

WI was not good yesterday. I was up 0.6 lb. and I know why. I didn't get enough exercise or enough veggies last week. I will correct that problem this week!!!

After 4-1/2 months of remodeling, our kitchen was finished on Friday...... I even have my new refrigerator now! We are thrilled with the results and hope never to go through it again.

Breakfast today was steel-cut oats with an apple cooked with it.

Lunch was hummus, WASA crackers, pepperoncini, and clementines.

I want to spend much of the afternoon in preparing meals for the week, but may have to wait until tomorrow for that as I still have much to do in returning things to the new kitchen.

Grainne, HI! It's great to see you again. I hope you have fully recovered from your surgery.

Kimberley, you have had so much stress and too much illness. I hope everything improves soon. -15 to -18 windchill? Oh, mercy! The worst we got last week was 4 degrees for windchill. The minus column sounds dreadful.

Denise, you sound like you are making great strides with your recovery. I saw some videos on MSNBC.com about the problems the Florida wildlife are having with this cold weather. It's hard to imagine all the cold that has invaded Florida.

Trudie, thanks for your positive encouragement & reminders. I love the conversation you included in your post. Honestly, I've had almost the exact same conversation with my husband when he would try WW. I hope your Blackberry survived!

Clara, snowplows? You are definitely having worse weather than we are having. However, during our 6" snow on Christmas Eve, snowplows were used near our house in a low area that was giving travelers great problems. I hope Mary is doing better.

Laurie, so how do you think rock climbing would affect someone with a massive fear of heights? Good for you! That had to have been excellent exercise.

DD, I hope you are doing well in the cold weather and that your pipes survived unscathed!

Happy OP Sunday!

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Good afternoon ladies. Just returned from my four hours with Mary. She is about the same. I will not write her off. She is one spunky lady. My husband is going to do a four hour shift this afternoon and early evening. She is almost like our mom.

Deedee... I bet you are glad to have that new kitchen. I had work done in mine several years ago. I know what you mean when you say you hope you won't have to do that again. I always say a gain of less than a pound is maintaining. Also it is one good bowl movement. (tmi, I know)

Trudie... I know the feeling of missing those dgc. I don't see my young ones very often. When they are here, they do wear me out. The good thing is that I usually lose weight from the constant activity. You are doing so well op. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Kimberley... I can't imagine doing all the driving and errands with kids too. No wonder you can't get well. You don't have time for yourself. I never could ice skate. I was good at roller skating, but we didn't have a place to ice skate and by the time I had a place, I just never tried it but once or twice. Life got in the way. Hope your son enjoys it. Your beans sound wonderful.

Grannie... glad to see you back. We need everyone and especially one that know that WW works. You will get back in the swing of things soon.

Laurie... I saw your pictures on FB. No way could I do that. Good for you for trying and succeeding.

Hi DD and Denise

STaying focused and positive,

Clara

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 106.5... 04/01/21

Trudie, enjoy the game!!!!

Thanks DeeDee. I am still waiting for the Packers to show up and PLAY some football. Ugly 1st half.:bcb_grrrr

The 0.6 is probably more of a fluctation then a gain. You noted a couple things you could change, and those things will bring a change on the scale. Your breakfast and lunch sound SO good!

How exciting to have a new kitchen and that's it's finished.:bcb_smile

Trudie

Trudie, what a game!!!! Once the Packers showed up, they really showed up! I know you are disappointed with the final score as would be any good Packer fan, but it was an amazing game to watch.

BTW, breakfast & lunch were wonderful! I make cooked apples with Granny Smith apples & cinnamon & Splenda. It comes out like the filling of an apple pie. Today, I had some steel cut oats in the frig & just added the apples to it & nuked it together. Double YUM!

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)