Health Discovery Network
SueC

0 Point Favorite Vegetable Soup

This is a variation of the traditional WW soup. I am not big on cabbage in my soup so prefer this.

0 Point Favorite Vegetable Soup

8 servings 50 min 15 min prep

1 cup diced onions

6 chicken bouillon cubes, seasoning mix or 3-4 teaspoons broth, seasoning mix

6 garlic cloves, minced

6 cups thinly sliced zucchini

2 cups thinly sliced carrots

1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes

3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley

1 teaspoon basil leaves

1 teaspoon Italian spices

Salt & pepper (to taste)

Tabasco sauce to taste

(I did this all in a soup pot)

In a large nonstick saucepan, combine onion, broth mix and garlic; cook stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.

Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine; cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.

Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.

Using slotted spoon, remove about 2 cups of vegetables from saucepan and set aside.

In blender, in a few batches, puree remaining soup, return pureed mixture to saucepan, add reserved vegetables and heat. (i used an immersion blender)

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Yum. I love making a soup like this... last week I did a similar one... but it had beans in it (small red Salvadoran beans and garbs). I ate it three times in one day when I was on the run!

Cheers

weight.png

weight.png

I got stuck here:

6 chicken bouillon cubes, seasoning mix or 3-4 teaspoons broth, seasoning mix

Is that

6 chicken bouillon cubes

plus

seasoning mix OR 3-4 teaspoons broth

AND more seasoning mix

???

ALSO how much salt is in the six cubes ?

Also i guess the trick is to find that can of diced tomatoes with nearly zero salt.

I have high Blood Pressure and very recently when i exceed the recommended daily salt intake i go dizzzzzzzzzzyyyyyy and recently nearly passed out.

Joined Feb2001@323.6

Life Time Achievement -Feb 2002 certificate signed by www Founder

WWguy, i think it means either 6 boullion cubes or 6 seasoning packets or 3-4 tsps. But this soup is so versatile you can tweek it to what works for you. Use less and add salt free seasoning if you like.

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

WWguy, i think it means either 6 boullion cubes or 6 seasoning packets or 3-4 tsps. But this soup is so versatile you can tweek it to what works for you. Use less and add salt free seasoning if you like.

Thanks, i'm not very good at reading recipe formulas.

I'll have to check out those bouillion cubes and see how much salt each cube may have.

I think i will go back in my memory and cook soup the way my MOM did when money was tight in her budget. I recall her buying "soup" bones and boiling those to death for at least 3 or four days adding freshly chopped vegetables ( that were in season ). Us kids called it fancy hot water soup however it did keep a family alive in those dirty years.

That's part of my problem of compulsive overeating is that i can afford to have way to much food in the house and not know when to stop eating it all. These days i never go to bed hungry. When I go to bed after eating my fourth meal of the day no wonder i am fat.

Joined Feb2001@323.6

Life Time Achievement -Feb 2002 certificate signed by www Founder