Health Discovery Network
Uniey76

Couscous Recipe

Hello all,

I tired searching the thread, but the search keeps teeling me that my search criteria is too short. So I'm posting this question.

Who has a great Couscous recipe? I have tried a few, and I can not get my family to eat it. I like it, but it IS kinda plain and i would like to do something to it. I have tired evoo, a little salt, some parmesan cheese, & a sundried tomato mixture, but its always been eh. Any thoughts?

~Nicole

SW:156.4

CW: 141.2

WW goal: 137 / My goal: 134

There are so many ways to fail but only one way to succeed; NEVER GIVE UP! by Johni Pangalila

~Check out my AVON website: www.youravon.com/ninzerill !!

(How funny is it that we reactivated our accounts on the same day at about the same time?!) Didn't you make the Tropical Couscous once? I thought you did... I could swear I remember you giving me some. Either way, here's the recipe. I also think the search feature isn't working.

Ingredients

1 cup(s) water

1 tsp table salt, divided

1 cup(s) uncooked whole wheat couscous

1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice

2 Tbsp canola oil

1/2 tsp ground cumin

1 1/2 cup(s) mango(es), fresh, cubed

1 cup(s) pineapple, Golden-variety, chopped

1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped

1/4 cup(s) red onion(s), fresh, chopped

Instructions

• Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in couscous; cover and let stand until water is absorbed and couscous is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork; cool to room temperature.
  • Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, cumin and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt until blended. Add mango, pineapple, cilantro and onion; toss to mix.
  • Add couscous to fruit mixture; toss to mix and coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Yields about a heaping 3/4 cup per serving.

[/url]

The search function does not work. The best thing to do is to Google whatever you are looking for with the words "health discovery bootcamp" and results from here will come up in your results!! Good luck!!!! Be well.

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)